Are there any Australian cosplay/costume/replica making forums out there?

Yeah, not much sadly. I co-run the Armageddon Cosplay and we found it very hard trying to promote it in Oz because of this. IN NZ we have a very very active cosplay crowd and they have their own forums self run and extremely supportive. Aussies are welcome :) There is some overlap for supplies. When I was in Sydney last month for Armageddon I saw a Mitre 10 in Newtown and we have them here :) Search cosplay new zealand and it comes up immediately :)

But yeah in Oz it seems the 501st forums are going to be your better bet, though there is the Aussie forum on Cosplay.com and there are a few people really trying to push for interaction there and sharing of supplies etc.

Yeah. It would help if there was a forum that was dedicated and more well known in Aus than the 501st not saying SW is bad just some variety would be good.

I have no idea how it would go to start one up now either :/ he CNZ forums were formed just when the community really stated to develop here so it is sort part of the history and is easy to find.

There are sections on the various convention sites but it seems a little on the nose ot be posting there when you are going to be attending another convention...

I forgot! There are the Australian Costumer Guild forums. They are good. A nice variety of costumers and good sharing of resources, I think if you join the guild you have even more benefits :) I know quite a few folks over there, have even met a few in person which has been nice :) Should meet some more in Melbourne in October :)

Hello Cbstudios

i'll be going to brisbane supernova, you will probably find me as a stormtrooper with a massive mini gun. or with a new witch king costume that is coming together.

can't wait under 2 weeks to go.

Bigmac - Sweet! Its always a kick to see TK's out and about at nova! Look out for Cap'n Jack Sparrow, That'll be me!

Rinzer - Work always gets in the way, doesn't it
:(

Wooooooooo!!!! ACG REPRESENT YO!!!

I'm a costumer from Adelaide and a card carrying member of the Australian Costumers' Guild (www.acg.org.au). If you haven't already just sign up to the forum and ask any question you may have because there will easily be someone that knows the answer (just introduce yourself etc). SA has the largest contingent of members but there are folks from all around the country on there.

Last edited:
Sydney here. Anyone know good location for Resin/Fibreglass supplies in the area? Theres some up central-north NSW but can't get to. Bought a couple of tubs from Bunnings but its getting costly for those little tins...

yeah will have too look out for a few of you guys.

pop around to the 501st stand i will probably there or walking the line of people in the morning for charity donations.

Almost there with the witch king, my friend who is building the armour out of aluminium and has also made a cool helmet as well. just got vambraces and gloves to go with paint.

Went today. Took 3 hours for it to get old. On a side note got to meet the actors who played Helo and Starbuck in the new BSG so that was a big plus for me :thumbsup.

went so quick and I'm so tired.

if anyone saw the Stormie with the big black mini gun at the per paid line that was me.

Also on sunday with permission i dressed up as the Witch King for LOTR. Was a hell of fun, scaring people left right and center. Still abit more to finish it for One Man LOTR show at Qpac theater for 12th April. But it was really fun.

Hey guys Brad here I am in Brisbane as well. I have some original series Bsg costumes. A Jaffa from Stargate and putting a ROTJ Vader together. Also have an R2D2 in the dining room. Been busy with my Delorean lately but always happy to chat and let people have a look at the costumes. Brad

Btw for anybody that went to Nova, does anybody know who the guy or girl was with the daft punk costume? There was a pair but there was also just one walking around by himself/herself. The helmet looked amazing I thought it was a volpin cast but was sure he wasn't selling os. So anybody with info would be great.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back