Arc Reactor Display Question: HALP!

Hyperion Rail

Hey all, I'm still new here and will post more of my stuff soon, but first I wanted to ask anyone about this. I recently purchased (recently as in 2 days ago) this stunning looking Arc Reactor Replica on eBay for only $50~.

It ships from Great Britain (so god knows when I'll finally get it) and also comes in White or Red for collectors of War Machine or builders that want the white glow under armor. The seller (and I think builder) told me it has a little aluminum stand and plaque with it too but hasn't responded to any other of my questions or supplied any higher rez photos. Looks amazing and tho it doesn't have the full core like in the movie (it's flat, and not egg shaped like in the movie) the detail looks amazing and I can't imagine how great it'll look glowing next to my other stuff.

What I want to know from you, is...well...did I get ripped off? Lol. I can't find ANY other evidence of this thing. I've scoured google images and forums like this one. I've bled YouTube dry and the only thing I've found is this single low rez picture on YourProps.com that I'm 89% sure is the same product.

Arc-Reactor.jpg

Again, if this is it, I'm even MORE excited but still with nothing but these few low rez photos, I'm losing it not knowing what I ordered. I mean, the next most detailed model (for sale that is) that I've ever seen is the "Tony Stark Has a Heart" model from Museum Replicas and that runs for $600, not $50, so either this guy is the deal of the century or there's gonna be some issues when I get it. I've found 2 videos on YouTube for what I THINK is the same model, but their descriptions of it are different than the eBay description in just subtle enough ways to make me slightly concerned.

Iron Man Arc Reactor 1 This one looks like it and the price is the same, but the little ring in the center with the three screws is missing. I've seen the ACTUAL prop from the movie and that ring is on it, so if it's missing I'll be upset. Also, this requires an external power source while the eBay shows it self contained.

Arc Reactor Replica Review This one looks the most legit and has me the most excited but it clearly shows watch batteries powering it, and in the eBay it says its powered by 3 AAA batteries which makes me worry about the external power source again. Also he talks about a magnet that can cling it to a shirt, however in the eBay post it says that you can hang it around your neck with a necklace. That sounds like a step backwards in design.

Anyone out there can calm my nerves a bit? Have you seen these, know these, MAKE these and can tell me what I'm expecting? I'm VERY particular about my collectibles (which I'm sure most of you are too) and I ordered this very shot in the dark, which I never do but it's eBay, may be gone tomorrow ya know. Anyone have any feedback, hi-rez pics, more thorough video, etc. etc. of this? I feel like if this guy is mass producing these at such a low price that you'd see them everywhere. Also, worried that the pics in his eBay page may differ from the actual product if those two videos show them with differences as such. Since the product will take some time to get here, I'll be O.C.D.'ing the internet with my excitement the whole time unless I get something to stare at to settle my nerves that I got a good product at an insane price.

Note: I'm not posting the eBay page for many reasons, however he's not hard to find. I suggest getting the guy business so he can keep building but I don't want him swarmed with business to the point that my order disappears in a flood. Also I dont want the mods to think I'm selling this (i'm not!) and pull my post for being a newb. I just want to know what I ordered from anyone who may know.

Last edited:
I guess also I should ask if anyone has any others out there I should look at/for too? Really wanted the "Stark has a Heart" one but not shelling out $600 for it. May get the Mark VI one, but never was a big fan of the triangle core.

Well they were sold about 5 days after so...;) Oh and it's HELP not HALP

Okay Cpt. Vague, that still doesn't halp me. Did they sell in 5 days because they were awesome and people wanted them like mad or because you wanted rid of them ASAP. When you get what you paid for do you consider $67 a lot (what I eventually paid) or cheap? I mean I got my Blade Glaive for $50 and its AWESOME. I'm looking more for details so I can base my decision on what I want it for, which is purely display. I can already see the detail in the pics is what I'm after but I'm actually more worried what I'm gonna get is NOT what's in those pics.

alright I finally found a couple of these in the junk yard but people are asking ridiculous prices for them. it's the same one I can tell but the thing is every time I see a picture of it it has one small detail different. I literally want exactly what I see in the picture. this is such a tricky industry. Lol.

you'll be fine as he seem to have very good feedback. But postage from the UK could a while as our postal service over here is shockingly bad a the best of times. Its got a big old leap across the pond too, but I would say about 3 weeks it takes for me to get an item from the US...

I think people are just trying to tell you it is what it is. If you don't receive what was pictured in the auction then you will have to take it up with the seller. But all indications are you will receive the arc pictured.

Now I can tell you that the arc pictured is by no means accurate to any arc seen on screen. But even the licensed version isn't accurate.

In the end all that matters is you are happy with the price you paid and how you think it looks.

They're ok for the price. Not gonna blow your socks off for sure. $50 is pretty darn cheap for almost any prop let alone one that lights up. My biggest complaint was the "copper wire" was actually ribbon cable painted.

Yeah I noticed the item doesn't match what's on the screen, but that's usually the case. Thanks for the feedback. In fact if you get an ACTUAL prop from the movie it usually is made of foam, and wood. Would fall apart if dropped 2ft and doesn't do anything like light up. Haha. I actually this one's selling point for me. The ridges on the center ring give it some extra detail I like. Im wondering if I couldn't put some copper wire on it myself for that extra touch.

Yeah I noticed the item doesn't match what's on the screen, but that's usually the case. Thanks for the feedback. In fact if you get an ACTUAL prop from the movie it usually is made of foam, and wood. Would fall apart if dropped 2ft and doesn't do anything like light up. Haha. I actually this one's selling point for me. The ridges on the center ring give it some extra detail I like. Im wondering if I couldn't put some copper wire on it myself for that extra touch.

You haven't looked close enough then, there are a few on here that are almost 100% accurate to the movie. Yep they are expensive but as I said before you get what you pay for.
The arc your looking at is ehh, for the price it's as good as you will find for sure. But it is not a good match to anything on the screen as GG said. And no not really modable, that is why we sold the 5 we had. Not worth the hassle. This is what it looks like in a chest and here is a link to the best one out there. ;)
http://www.therpf.com/f13/arc-reactor-1-0-final-run-123085/

15.jpg

I got one of these a few months ago and am really happy with it. Not even close to being accurate but it's affordable and looks great on display. Seller is very trustworthy so no need to worry about that

Here are a few pics of mine

photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-4-1.jpg

The display stand you get with it is junk so I just stand it up like in the first pic. Mine also runs on 2 small cell batteries so he must have upgraded them with 3AAA's instead

Last edited:
I bought 2 for xmas pressies,and yeah you get what you paid for.The ebay pics make it look a lot better than it is in person,the stand is pointless,and some parts were colored using marker pen.
I contacted the seller who offered a full refund but as they were for pressie's i had to keep them.
But all and all not bad for the money,and as a display item

What I want to know from you, is...well...did I get ripped off? Lol. I can't find ANY other evidence of this thing. I've scoured google images and forums like this one. I've bled YouTube dry and the only thing I've found is this single low rez picture on YourProps.com that I'm 89% sure is the same product.

Arc-Reactor.jpg

Again, if this is it, I'm even MORE excited but still with nothing but these few low rez photos, I'm losing it not knowing what I ordered.

With all its whatevers (inaccuracies etc), I love mine :)

Dem be my pics you found. So there's your remaining 11% confirmed :lol

Darned good deal for what it is if you ask me.

Very nice seller too.

May I suggest next time, you ask us before you buy though :lol (you got 'lucky' this time. Next time maybe not so much).

Consult the board as your 'insurance policy'. You'll always get an answer here :) :thumbsup

ar1-872x648.jpg

ar2-862x581.jpg

ar3-769x604.jpg

ar4-861x617.jpg

ar5-864x617.jpg

\/ \/ It's in my Collection thread link, post #315.

Last edited:
NOTE: If the images are still HUGE, I'm sorry. I resized them on Photobucket but it'll take a few minutes till it registers...I hope. So annoying.

I finally got mine in today (geez that took forever) and I totally see what people are talking about. After I made that graphic and saw all the REAL detail to the arc reactor, it does feel disappointing, however once I put it on display in my new Ikea Detolf I warmed up to it entirely. I'm pretty sure it took some damage in shipping because the outer ring is not centered right but I'm not gonna wait a month for another one. The display was hard to figure out and agreed, was almost pointless ESPECIALLY with the new upgraded AAA compartment on the back. That thing seems so out of place. Also I see the up close detail work, and tho it looks nice when you handle it you'd swear a stiff breeze would blow disintegrate it. But, as I said I got it on display and began to like it a bit better. Wish there was an on/off switch so I didn't have to remove a battery to turn it on and off in it's display, but even off it looks nice in front of my Iron Men. Gotta get me a Revoltech War Machine and Mark III (When they release it) to go with it, and now I DEFINITELY will be saving up to track down a more detailed replica in the Junkyard (any suggestions for something nice and affordable?)

Also, next question. Anyone have those cave blueprints? I've seen them for sale with the four sheets on here and on ebay with the ability to put them together to make the Mark I blueprint from the first movie. Anyone have that on display with pictures. I was looking to get that and build a lighted display for it but the GF doesn't want me to. I was hoping to show her a good pic where it looks awesome and can convince her to change her mind.

Here's MY Arc Reactor on display.

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Looks nice but feels flimsy
IMG_0328.jpg

Definitely best when lit up.
IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

You can really see some of that cheap detail, like the foam back support.
IMG_0312.jpg

The display isn't useless per say, but it takes some work to get propped up like that.
IMG_0311.jpg

That isn't real copper wire as you guy's said, however not a horrible alternative.
IMG_0310.jpg

Without the light the detail slips a LOT.

As an Added bonus, also got my Arc Reactor Shirt from Thinkgeek. This is NOT, repeat NOT!!!, the arc reactor prop, but instead just an led panel built into the shirt. For $30 this is a way better, way cooler, and way more reliable option if you wanna do the shirt effect, although it only lasts about 1-2hrs with the batteries constantly on. At least it has an on/off switch built into bottom of the shirt that you can control when no one can see it. Also, sucks when you spill food on it (I did) because even though I can take the LED's out and wash it, they're so perfectly mounted (with velcro) in there that I know once I wash it I'll never get it back in there right.
IMAG1482.jpg

IMAG1488-1.jpg

IMAG1525.jpg

Sorry for the huge post, it's been a long week.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back