Anyone planning on picking up the Target Helmets and "improving" on them?

Kylo. Its a rubies helmet but from target. Its large, im 6'2 and its almost too big on me . Need to mod the inside, rechrome the silver and reweather / repaint the thing, probably seal it and lose the velcro, maybe mod the jawline w some foam add ons, and ad a visor lense. Overall way worth it.
. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

its worth noting that the rear helmet of kylo that i posted does not match the rear of another posted here, it seems there are multiple versions floating around in true rubies fashion, so buyer beware. im fine with the undetailed back personally lol.

A 65 mile round trip to three stores and I got nada. :(

Very jealous of you guys who scored today! Guess I'm just ordering online and hoping I get good casts. :lol

Anyone wanna throw the Kylo or Troopers on and get some worn pics so I can see size? I tried to pop my head in the Vader helmet and it was tiny! I'm a big guy, but not that big.

Last edited:
Yea that stormtrooper helmet is a great starting point.

Certainly not perfect but it will look great up on my shelf. Fits great as well

Reinforcing the seam, and filling it and those three holes in the grills are what I'm planning to do first. I may see how a flat lens sits, but I'll most likely work up a quick stone buck and vacuum form the bubble lens.

I have no clue where to begin with Kylo. Might end up just getting the seam filled and a repaint. Looks like it will definitely need some padding as well.

wearing the kylo, actually size wise it really fits fine just gotta pad it up like a dred helmet. if ur a fiarly large person this is fine, but yeah maybe picking up the voice changer hlemet and finishing it in foam would be better for most.

20150904_221416.jpg

Will u be doing a step by step process? Ive been part of this site for almost a year now, and I've finally decided to delve into costume/prop making, and saw this as the perfect opportunity to start, especially to get ready for the premier and would like to know exactly what to do before I get started.

Yea I was planning on documenting the process starting next week... fair warning... i move slow haha

I just walked back in the door from Target. They had two of the trooper helmets. I tried one on and it fit OK, maybe a tad smaller than I would like. But yeah, I think with a little bondo and some paint, add some lenses, one could have a pretty nice piece.
Unfortunately I spent all of my Force Friday money on the figures and didn't have enough for a helmet. Oh well, I'm happy with what I got.
I live in a fairly small Texas town, so they may still have some come next payday.

the black series KYLO helmet im sure will be seemless and comes chrome painted not silver it looks like.. 89.99 . Have only seen the box, frontal view

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back