Anybody Paint Models In LA?

pastadude

Hey guys,

I know this sounds insane, but I *HATE* painting, and I have a model I've been looking to get painted for quite some time, but because it's rather fragile, shipping doesn't seem like an option. With all that said, I'd love to know if you (or anyone you know) paints models in Los Angeles? It's about 14" tall, it's a character from the comic The Red Star. I'm not sure if it's made from resin, because it weighs a TON? I believe it was a prototype for a Gentle Giant statue that never got made, but I'd still love to see it perfected one day. At any rate, any help would be much appreciated!

-M
pastadud@gmail.com
20180703_224235.jpg 20180703_224241.jpg 20180703_224247.jpg 20180703_224300.jpg

Hi pastadude,
Does it come apart? I ask because I'm in New York, if you were willing to ship it, I could paint it for you. I get figures in the mail all the time, as long as its packed carefully, it should be fine
Regards,
Mike

Hey Mike,

Unfortunately it doesn't break down even a little bit! I'd imagine if it ever made it to production, it probably would've shipped in pieces, but since this is a test shot or a proof, it's a solid piece that weighs a billionty. If nobody gets back to me in Los Angeles though, I might have to give shipping a shot!

-M

I'd love to know if you (or anyone you know) paints models in Los Angeles?

Hey pasta dude, head out to the west side and talk to Gene at Evett's Model Shop on Ocean Park in Santa Monica. He's got quite a few pieces in the shop he's painted and has a great eye. I work in Culver City and am in the shop 1-2 times a month, Gene is the man.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back