Anybody else think Tim Burton and Johnny Depp should take a break from each other?

HAL9000

Sr Member
Sure they're a nice couple and they've made some nice work, but I was
talking with a bunch of people on set last week and the general feeling
seemed to be that people had seen enough kooky Depp performances in
Tim Burton movies.

Anyone else?

Re: Anybody else think Tim Burton and Johnny Depp should take a break from each other

I as well

Give it a rest guys :rolleyes

Re: Anybody else think Tim Burton and Johnny Depp should take a break from each other

Yeah, signed. Just wait a few movies, guys, and give it another go. You've got to fill up the tank some time.

Yup. That bromance needs a break.

Gotta say no. Let them do what they wanna do. Not many people in this world who get to do that. Let them have their fun and don't have a stick up your ass. If you got issues... don't watch the movies.

Burton is an overrated blowhard anyway.

don't watch the movies.

You're missing the point! I don't watch the movies! Because they seem
like the same schtick over and over. I see a trailer and think 'here we go again'.

I think they are both extremely talented guys. I just think they are getting
predictable.

If you read tomorrow that Tim Burton was going to direct Johnny Depp in
a remake (sorry - re-imagining) of Mary Poppins, tell me honestly that you wouldn't
be able to imagine exactly how that movie would play out.

Yes they should, unless they come up with something that is too brilliant to pass up and not just because they like working together.

Heck, if I could get paid just to hang out with my friends and goof around I'd do that too.

Nah, they should just get a room and get over it.

I just wish Tim Burton would get over his daddy issues already.

I dunno....at this point it seems to be a 50/50 ratio of films they made together that were awesome to films that were underwhelming...well, for ME at any rate. XD

I say they should work together as much as they'd want to. People who don't want to see them don't have to hehe.

Or you could, just, you know, not see any more movies they make together.

don't have an issue. the majority of their stuff is excellent, they obviously work well and bring the best out of each other.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back