Ant-Man movie discussion with spoilers.

Marvel's Ant-Man - Trailer 1 - YouTube

CEU3QxNUgAANyRY.jpg

Attachments

• CEU3QxNUgAANyRY.jpg
    CEU3QxNUgAANyRY.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
I got to see an advance screening last week and it was surprisingly entertaining. I am in love with the suit as well. I didn't think Paul Rudd was a good choice for Scott Lang at first but this movie totally changed my mind.

Rudd was perfect for this. Did anybody catch the Spidey references at the end?
Yeeees! I loved that reference!
SPOILERS

The end credo scene with Bucky cap and wilson confused me a lot. Was the winter soldiers arm trapped in something?
Also I'm not sure why but I completely LOVED the scene from the Cold War on the rocket, and the scene where falcon fights antman. Those moments made me feel like I was reading a comic book! I can't say how great a movie this was.

big question: what did all of you think of the cgi? I personally loved it I thought it beat avengers 2 by a long shot because it wasn't trying to be so advanced which made it look so much more imperfect and lifelike.

Anybody disagree and think this movie sucked? I'd be interested to hear why. However, I skimmed through the audience reviews on RT and about 85 percent of the ratings are 4-5 stars, so I think it'll do very well with audiences.

Yeeees! I loved that reference!
SPOILERS

The end credo scene with Bucky cap and wilson confused me a lot. Was the winter soldiers arm trapped in something?
Also I'm not sure why but I completely LOVED the scene from the Cold War on the rocket, and the scene where falcon fights antman. Those moments made me feel like I was reading a comic book! I can't say how great a movie this was.

big question: what did all of you think of the cgi? I personally loved it I thought it beat avengers 2 by a long shot because it wasn't trying to be so advanced which made it look so much more imperfect and lifelike.

Anybody disagree and think this movie sucked? I'd be interested to hear why. However, I skimmed through the audience reviews on RT and about 85 percent of the ratings are 4-5 stars, so I think it'll do very well with audiences.

Apparently his metal arm WAS trapped. And it looks like he needs help. Probably he was chained or whatever his metal arm can't handle. The CGI definitely blew me away. It did NOT suck. It was better than I expected. And I expected it to be good. Michael Pena was hilarious lol. I was literally stomping on the floor when I heard those words, "we got a guy who swings, we got a guy who crawls walls"

Film was so much better than the Avengers. Quite a few moments where it was trying to be serious but looked ridiculous but that feels like more of a Marvel theme than a problem with the movie. This was the first in ages where I was actually impressed with the Special effects. It wasn't because they tried too hard to make it look realistic but because something relatively new was being done with it, which I think is why we were all blown away by initial big budget CGI and not do much anymore. I'm usually immersed no matter what but here I was fascinated. I was far too excited about the Spidey reference but the final end credit scene was too vague for me to prefer it over a lingering shot of a new costume.

I've been a bit behind with my films this year due to some home improvements but you know, after reading some of the reviews I did wonder if Ant Man was worth the effort. But as usual even Marvel on their worst day (and this definitely isn't it,) is a hundred times more entertaining and creative than most of the stuff out there. And as far as I'm concerned they've managed a small miracle with "Ant Man". After the serious handicap of loosing Edgar Wright from it, it still feels alot like his film.
Yes its a smaller event movie than the recent epics they've produced, but that worked for me. Its very funny and humane, Paul Rudd nails it perfectly as the slightly ant'i' hero (!!!!), and he is well supported by the rest of the cast including a great performance by Micheal Douglas as Hank Pym. His digital early self was simply amazing to behold as were all the effects in this film, they are brilliant pieces of imaginative action.
Yes,as an origins tale there is alot of back story to tell before we get to the main event but it does it with a strong balance of humour , inventiveness and a surprisingly strong human heart. This is by far the most family friendly movie they've yet produced (even down to the ants! ) and once we do get through the planning to the hiest, boy does it kick off.
The sheer madness of the fight scenes is a joy to behold, for me they were on a level with Quicksilvers DOFP sprint sequence. And the scale of them is extraordinary, and brilliantly co ordinated. The cinema erupted with laughter at the poolside BBQ "blat" moment and the final incredible shrinking man trip was just visually stunning.
I cannot see nor understand what some of the critics found to dislike so much about it, I just thought it was yet another cleverly done and wonderfully inventive piece from Marvel. Its not a SUPER HERO movie I guess, its a guy learning just how to be a normal one. And it integrated with the current "Avengers" universe remarkably well, the Falcon set piece was a surprise but again ,handled with humour and great imagination.
I'd highly recommend it ,particulary to those RPF's with families , they're going to love the ant sequences (Antony and "Fido"). Those of a more serious comic disposition may hate it but to them I'd say make a little room in your heart for "Ant Man". He's a bigger hero than you'd expect!!!
Two credits sequences, one you kind of guess was going to happen, but the end one made me gasp a bit in surprise .

Last edited:
SPOILERS! I had to say that in-case anyone didn't realise this is the post-release thread.

BRILLIANT.
A more intimate story with some nice character moments and good historical connections to the Marvel universe. not to mention the fantastic visuals the team at Marvel and ILM and the other VFX houses did spectacular work.
I was really surprised to see Falcon, with the exception of 2 trailers I avoid all spoilers before watching any Marvel film to ensure the surprises pack a real punch live whilst I'm watching the film.
And WOW, the mid and post credits scenes were brilliant.

The links into Dr Strange have also been tentatively laid with the look at the quantum world. I found that really fascinating and will be excited to see how they delve further into that with Dr Strange next year.

Another win for Marvel, I'm already planning to go and see it again.

Who is going to be the first person here to want to make a life-size Thomas the Tank replica after seeing this film?!!:lol

I loved the movie! It wasnt over hyped and I think that helped alot. It was/wasnt a serious movie, but a nice transition like GOG. I never had that edge of the seat moment like in some other movies but it was nice and interesting all the way through. Very smooth! The CGI was GREAT!! A big step up (CGI) from Avengers AOU, in my opinion. I like how they tied Ant Man in with the current universe and covered where he came from. It was cool seeing Peggy and Howard at the beginning. It liked seeing Falcon in the movie as well. The fight scene was really cool. Im glad Ant Man gave him a run for his money. He is going to make a nice addition to the family. Rudd was a good choice for the character.

So I heard that little Spidey reference in there when Sam was talking to the Asian girl. "We have a guy who climbs walls". NICE!!

Also they found Buckey!!!! Civil War is going to be EPIC!!!!!

I loved it. A great mix of action, humor, and story.

I knew the second time they showed Pym's key chain that it was exactly what it looked like. But I also expected the ugly rabbit doll to have a role in the bedroom battle. Oh well, batting .500.

I went in hopefully optimistic - I had high hopes, so to speak - and walked out thoroughly impressed.

oh man this movie was great. totally didn't expect to see Janet as Wasp at all, and now we can basically expect Hope Wasp in Civil War. awesome

With every fringe Marvel movie, I think this one will be the stinker. I'm wrong every time. Good flick. One of the few 3-D movies I actually enjoyed.

Great movie all around. I would have to say it is the best marvel movie in a long time. Might be even better than the 1st iron man. Michael and Paul were fantastic in their roles.

The back story about Ant-Man and Wasp...that reminded me a little too much of Captain America and Bucky's story in the comic books

I dare that it might be the best marvel movie.

There are two Achilles heels of the marvel movies.
1. Sometimes they have really sloppy plotting (iron man 2)that comes off uneven
2. More often than not, they forget the scale they should be working with and they Michael Bay the final act (winter soldier. The wolverine)

This did neither. It was tight, funny, and fit the character the entire way

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Saw it in 3-D and then again in 2-D. 3-D was phenomenal. Second time through still holds up. Lots of opportunity to look and listen for Easter eggs. This is a huge win for Marvel and gets me pumped for all the other origin stories coming up.

I was on the fence about building a costume, but my daughter is wearing me down.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back