Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

I never got a specific shipping notice, but mine just showed up.

I work from home on Saturdays so I can't even open it up until after 4:00.

Last edited:
I missed mine by 8 mins as we were out to lunch... so now I have to wait until Tuesday. Ugh.
I'm having mine delivered to my mom's place for that very reason. Other than for groceries (half an hour every morning) she hardly leaves the house.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Never showed on the Fedex site, or their site...however...i went to check the mail tonight about 6 and as I turn around at the mailbox to walk back to the garage....there's a giant box on the doorstep. I was home all day, too. I heard nothing, but i'm not complaining i've got it and it gotta say, it looks pretty damned nice! :)

now to find a mannequin :)

so got mine today…… for the price happy…. but my lid is kinda rough poor trimming around ears and eyes… over spray on the grey …..and scratches on top and base… and then a big blue smudge?
IMG_5323.JPGIMG_5324.JPGIMG_5325.JPGIMG_5326.JPGIMG_5327.JPGIMG_5329.JPGIMG_5331.JPG

I was at Disney in Orlando yesterday and took pics of the trooper helmets they had on display, which I assume are displays from Anovos. What is strange is that the buckets on display look very different from what people are receiving. The pic in the middle was on the full TK display, the one on the left was just encased in glass and listed for sale. Were these the prototypes? Did they decide to go from a hero type look to a quasi-stunt look? Overall I thought the suit looked fine, it's just not for me. Gobler, if you have an issue with me using your pic, let me know and I'll edit my image.
tks_zps4erdtib2.jpg

Last edited:
I was at Disney in Orlando yesterday and took pics of the trooper helmets they had on display, which I assume are displays from Anovos. What is strange is that the buckets on display look very different from what people are receiving. The pic in the middle was on the full TK display, the one on the left was just encased in glass and listed for sale. Were these the prototypes? Did they decide to go from a hero type look to a quasi-stunt look? Overall I thought the suit looked fine, it's just not for me. Gobler, if you have an issue with me using your pic, let me know and I'll edit my image.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/DarthKaro/tks_zps4erdtib2.jpg

Yes, Anovos stated on their Facebook or somewhere (can't remember for sure) that the stuff at the Disney parks were mostly prototypes. It's one of the things that has driven a lot of the confusion with these kits.

Yes, Anovos stated on their Facebook or somewhere (can't remember for sure) that the stuff at the Disney parks were mostly prototypes. It's one of the things that has driven a lot of the confusion with these kits.

Thanks for the clarification. I can see why some are in an uproar. The TK buckets looked pretty decent that were on display, but for $350 for the kit I wouldn't be too pissed. Now $1800+, that's another issue. My advice to Anovos is get rid of those prototype buckets and replace them at the Disney parks with what is the actual helmet being produced. On another note, I saw the TFA troopers walking around and those suits looked real good.

so got mine today…… for the price happy…. but my lid is kinda rough poor trimming around ears and eyes… over spray on the grey …..and scratches on top and base… and then a big blue smudge?
View attachment 581354View attachment 581353View attachment 581352View attachment 581351View attachment 581350View attachment 581349View attachment 581348

I've got this kit on order too. I've just seen the pics of the full kit as it comes, I'm really disappointed that the parts don't even come trimmed. I'm tempted to cancel my order, but think i might just keep the helmet and sell the armour on. Although, that helmet is shocking, the trimming around the eyes would definitely bother me and those marks/smudge is completely unacceptable. I'd be very interested to know what Anovos has to say about this. It seems like with this and the FO Stormtrooper helmet, that Anovos are falling down at the last hurdle and messing up due to lack of quality control. If this is a sign of what their products will be like, I can't see them lasting very long as a business.

I don't know why people are surprised or angry with that fact you need to trim the kit?
It says so right there on the Anovos site under kit details the pieces would require trimming.
Even the tested videos on the shadow trooper had them trimming the kit.

I don't know why people are surprised or angry with that fact you need to trim the kit?
It says so right there on the Anovos site under kit details the pieces would require trimming.
Even the tested videos on the shadow trooper had them trimming the kit.
I don't get it either... Trimming and building is part of the fun...make it yours.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've got this kit on order too. I've just seen the pics of the full kit as it comes, I'm really disappointed that the parts don't even come trimmed. I'm tempted to cancel my order, but think i might just keep the helmet and sell the armour on. Although, that helmet is shocking, the trimming around the eyes would definitely bother me and those marks/smudge is completely unacceptable. I'd be very interested to know what Anovos has to say about this. It seems like with this and the FO Stormtrooper helmet, that Anovos are falling down at the last hurdle and messing up due to lack of quality control. If this is a sign of what their products will be like, I can't see them lasting very long as a business.

Don´t cry around.

You ordered a kit - so handle that. If you don´t want that, you shouldn´t have been so cheap and should have ordered a completed suit for a lot money more. :rolleyes

View attachment 581354View attachment 581353View attachment 581352View attachment 581351View attachment 581350View attachment 581349View attachment 581348

Since you only have a few posts I assume you aren't familiar with what real stormtrooper helmets look like. The ears and eyes on the movie helmets look just like that if not worse. For the eyes you can get an exacto and trim and clean up how you would like if your not happy. For the scuffs and maybe the blue smudge I suggest getting some Novus plastic polish, it will clean and remove scratches and smudges. If you plan on trooping, expect to get scuffs and scratches. Besides they add to the look in my opinion as the movie suits all showed wear. I have left every mark my suits have received trooping as it looks lived in :D Real helmet below

ANHSFSStunt02.jpg

Last edited:
Although, that helmet is shocking, the trimming around the eyes would definitely bother me and those marks/smudge is completely unacceptable.

Umm, that's movie accurate, go look at some real movie helmets. Scuffs and smudges can be removed.

See this is the problem I feared any company would run into trying to provide mass produced armor made in China for $350. People that don't know what these suits should look like are now expecting some sort of perceived perfection.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back