Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Yeah, unfortunately I second that. Look at the teeth, too squared off.

It depends on what you're looking for. If you give me the choice between this and let's say RS, I will pick Anovos every time.

When I think of a TK, I think of a sleek white armor, not bumps, bubbles and slight warpage due to being hastily put together. Maybe that's me rationalizing this investment I made but I just like an armor that's slightly idealized yet still true to the original design better than absolute screen accuracy.

I think Anovos had to make choices of compromise in order to retain certain asymmetry for character and reduce flaws to bring us the most visually appealing suit possible. Not everyone will be pleased no matter what.

For the money invested I feel they have knocked it out of the park. The quality looks insane. I think the crisp lines deliver a fierce looking trooper that will become admired by many.

for those who have ordered and prefer something softer I'm sure they can sell the armor for more than they paid for it in a heart beat. But whatever armor you invest in there will always be things that are not 100% accurate.

Its all personal preference. For me I'm super pleased and excited by what I'm seeing and can't wait to get this assembled

Just read in a news release that the new Star Wars spin off movie Rogue One to be released in Dec 2016 will definitely feature Stormtroopers in the original armor! Makes sense to use this new cleaned up design. Who knows we could see our very own design on the screen next year!

If they use ANOVOS TK suits in Rogue One, that would save us all a lot of trouble when it comes to being "screen accurate." :)

Not to mention getting 501st approval. Although, I'm sure they'd come up with a reason why the kits wouldn't be approvable out of the box, even if they're the same ones used in the movie. (I'm kidding, of course... Mostly)

Not to mention getting 501st approval. Although, I'm sure they'd come up with a reason why the kits wouldn't be approvable out of the box, even if they're the same ones used in the movie. (I'm kidding, of course... Mostly)

I could give a rats ass about some better the thou elitist group. What power do they have ? Your not able to wear them in public when they are around? You get snubbed for having an inferior costume? They and only they are allowed to fight in a galactic war should one arise

There's NO reason whatsoever why this kit shouldn't be approvable if built right. Fix the belt, maybe the TD clip. Everything else is a matter of preference. Screen accurate or idealized? I would never get an RS, I know it's the real but it's too fugly for me!

I've been trying to order the new Force Awakens Stormtrooper helmet but it keeps saying my email address is invalid, which it isn't. I try to open a support ticket but that doesn't work either.

Help me Anovos, you're my only hope!

Nope.
Nothing works.
Tried other emails.

Tried with and without PayPal.

Frustrating as I want to get the most recent price.

Spoons, certain websites don't work well with certain browsers or when using a cell phone or tablet as opposed to a laptop or home computer. Maybe one of those things is an issue.

I don't know why people are making the 501st out to be elitists. You can get approved with just about anything. The whole centurion status thing came about not too long ago thanks to people on sites like this pointing out what garbage all those FX suits looked like.

Interesting, I'm order #625X placed Apr 17th at 3:08 PM. If their orders are genuinely numerically sequential then they sold over 6,250 suits in the first 5 days. A crap ton it is!

#580X April 13th, so roughly 6250 - 5800 = about 450 orders of all products in 4 days?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back