ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

....and I gave you 3 shows that did just that :confused:

Many more are out there as well(y)

At the onset, I invited others to name a show for which licensed prop replicas were made available while the show was in production.
A question by its very nature suggests a lack of knowledge.

As pessimistic as I've been since these [daily] statements started releasing, there's a potentially good thing here for consumers.

The no refund on pre-orders policy only applies if you pre-order. No one's being forced to pre-order anything here.

It's safe to say that until ANOVOS straightens out their operation; few of us, if any, will pre-order anything from them in the near future. And that makes them accountable for releasing their merchandise as scheduled - if they want to stay in business. That's a step forward for us.

It's clear that there isn't anything they can say that will fix their past mistakes. But at least we're clear about moving forward - for those who want to move forward with them.

For me it's simple: in-stock: yes. Pre-orders: no, and nothing to worry about.

I guess I stand corrected on the refund point.

Another thing that's interesting was " the majority of our items are produced to meet a minimum order quantity" which pretty much means that every product with a pre-order is essentially a kickstarter.

I don't agree with this. A lot of collectible businesses gather the pre-order info to gauge how many items they should build + an extra %. Companies like Figma and Figuarts for example. Sometimes people pay up front and sometimes people pay when the retailer gets the item.

This seems like a complete misunderstanding of why people are asking for refunds in the first place. I’m sure some just change their minds, but I’m guessing a huge, huge portion of refund requests is due to the problems laid out in their previous updates (delays, delays, delays.)

Fix the delays and there won’t be this issue. Doing this (all sales final) will just make everyone who was already skittish about placing a preorder even more skittish.
If they really believed what they said in thier previous announcements, and thought they could actually turn things around, they would believe nobody would want refunds and a new policy would not be necessary. They would be better off extending and even improving the old policy by promising faster refunds when requested (another major problem). This would show their own confidence and instill it, possibly, in their potential customers. This new announcement has exactly the opposite effect. What they are demonstrating is that they know they cannot do what they promise, they know they are failing miserably, and are simply making this change in an attempt to cut their losses ahead of a major new sales generating event (Celebration).

I feel badly for all of the customers involved in this. When I spoke up a few months back about the rumor mill churning in regards to this, I was silenced and had posts deleted. How do you turn things around when you don't even have access to the products? (As my sources have told me.) They are allegedly in deep with the sole factory who handles this stuff. They cannot afford to give refunds and they just come right out and admit it.

I swear, only in THIS hobby does this sort of nonsense last as long as it has.

For me the “In Stock” shipping is still vague, could take a month or maybe just when the get around to it. o_O

I guess that's the remaining risk.
If I purchase an in-stock item and don't receive it after 4, 6, 8 weeks; then I'll be back on this forum to tell about.
But at that point, at least I'll be able to contact my credit card company to cancel the sale.
And if that happens, that'll be the end of my relationship with them. Easy.

As pessimistic as I've been since these [daily] statements started releasing, there's a potentially good thing here for consumers.

The no refund on pre-orders policy only applies if you pre-order. No one's being forced to pre-order anything here.

It's safe to say that until ANOVOS straightens out their operation; few of us, if any, will pre-order anything from them in the near future. And that makes them accountable for releasing their merchandise as scheduled - if they want to stay in business. That's a step forward for us.

It's clear that there isn't anything they can say that will fix their past mistakes. But at least we're clear about moving forward - for those who want to move forward with them.

For me it's simple: in-stock: yes. Pre-orders: no, and nothing to worry about.
That right there's a very Mobius strip situation.

It'd be nice if they actually did stick with the refund policy in the first place, instead of making customers go through their bank/credit card to file a claim after waiting months without receiving a refund.
This new policy of “all sales final” will eliminate the credit card recourse which has been the only way many of us have been able to get refunds at all. They can now legally argue that we agree to no refund when we place our order. I doubt many credit card issuers will fight that battle.

I guess I've just gotten lucky that the In-Stock items I have ordered have come quickly without issue. As far as waiting for things, yeah it stinks I don't blame folks for being upset. I have lots of suggestions for Anovos, but hindsight from the outside is better than 20/20 so I hope they can fulfill orders sooner rather than later and make people whole.

I don't agree with this. A lot of collectible businesses gather the pre-order info to gauge how many items they should build + an extra %. Companies like Figma and Figuarts for example. Sometimes people pay up front and sometimes people pay when the retailer gets the item.

But that's pretty much how Anovos have been funding things. Places like Big Bad Toy Store, Sideshow and others don't demand that you pay 100% upfront, but both Kickstarter funded projects and Anovos do. The you have to sit back and wait for however long it takes to get the product finished. Sometimes the timeline holds, but often it doesn't. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant.

This new policy of “all sales final” will eliminate the credit card recourse which has been the only way many of us have been able to get refunds at all. They can now legally argue that we agree to no refund when we place our order. I doubt many credit card issuers will fight that battle.

Hmm. I guess the ship dates would have to be clear and respected. Otherwise, I don't think it is legal to not refund a customer if the merch is not delivered. No refund if your change you mind is one thing - no refund if they don't deliver is something else.

Interesting.

Wow.. ummmm..... THIS
I was toying with the idea of pre-ordering a couple of the Boba blaster kits since they're being "honest" and its actually sounding like a pretty cool kit, but SCREW that now that we can't get a refunds... In Stock or it aint happening. If they got their act together and developed a solid looking track record, maybe, but no way in hell with how things are right now.
Do they push sales at their booth while at Celebration? Cause I really hope that they specifically state this to those who they push sales on who dont know the story so far

******.. this is like being on the Titanic going down, its @$$-end up in the air, and the staff is telling ya "Everything is fine! You can just go back to your room, we'll be underway shortly! Half priced drinks in the bar for the inconvenience!"

This ones nice...
"However, this “wait and see” behavior frequently backfired on the customer since the majority of our items are produced to meet a minimum order quantity, leaving little—if any—inventory available after pre-orders were fulfilled."
Is this victim blaming or is it just a craftily worded scare tactic to promote pre-orders because now if you dont pre-order, you probably wont get one? Both?
I thought the same thing when I read that part. Wait who's the victim here?Maybe I could understand being delayed one ship date, but when we are talking years, there is no sympathy on my end. New information to me was that they previously refunded requests no questions asked. Really? I wish I could even get an acknowledge to my refund requests!

I'm a little frustrated... I'd been advocating since early in the Star Wars product issues that ANOVOS modify what had been their usual business practice for the wider audience they were reaching with the new license. I'm recommending to them (again), and will restate here, what I think is the right way forward for them vis-à-vis purchases.

• I did and do like their tiered pre-order system to gauge interest while gearing up for R&D. I think something like that should be available still -- but that buying in is non-refundable. The return on your investment is the finished piece however many years later, and for less than retail. The non-refundability and probable dev time should be in big letters in several places before the buyer can commit.

• Then they should have the regular online retail sort of thing once they're getting stock: not listed until in-hand, sorted, packaged, and ready to go out; and then replacements, returns, and refunds per normal.

Unfortunately (and I agree with you - I've been saying the same) this won't work because they do not have the money to order product and have it in stock ready to ship. They cannot internally fund production. Everything they order from the manufacturer is paid for directly by the customer who ordered it. That's why we keep seeing pre-order products posted. They cannot fund their day to day operations anymore without it.

Steve

I guess I stand corrected on the refund point.

The difference is if a Kickstarter project doesn't proceed to production the project owner is required to refund the backers. Anovos is saying "tough luck, we're keeping the money even if we never make the product."

Steve

In an effort to bring a smile to a few and to take an intermission from the drama....here is a little light hearted humor.

Airman Jones was assigned to the induction center, where he advised new recruits about their government benefits. He also sold them their optional GI insurance.

It wasn’t long before Captain Smith noticed that Airman Jones had almost a 100% record for insurance sales. This had never happened before. Rather than ask, the Captain did a “random walk” and stood in the back of the room and listened to Jones’s sales pitch. It went something like this:

Jones explained the basics of the GI Insurance to the new recruits, and then said: “If you have GI Insurance and go into battle and are killed, the government has to pay $200,000 to your beneficiaries. If you don’t have GI insurance, and you go into battle and get killed, the government only has to pay a maximum of $6,000.” “Now,” he concluded, “which bunch do you think they are going to send into battle first?”

So no products being delivered with all sales final? That imo just killed Anovos.

Good bye Dana and Joe you screwed your business. No one will buy now with your current track record. Hmm let's buy from a company that never delivers that provides no safety net. Let's just throw our money in the ocean.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back