ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

And who in their right mind would offer a product line of this quality and volume with only (according to one article) 7 people in the company?!!! Even if it is 12 people, WTF?!!!

I thought this line was particularly funny: " our shipping people also handle other tasks in the company regarding operations, maintenance and other tasks. As you may have already surmised, we do not have a full-time fulfillment team"
Just goes to show taking your money is priority one; hiring people solely to make sure things get shipped out, not so much.

Er most small companies work like this. I've worked for multiple small companies with millions of dollars of revenue and wore multiple hats including logistics and shipping. That's just the way it works.

I appreciate this blog posts and HOPE they can get it working better in the future. As far as them not really talking about shipping past items and refunds what could they possible say right now that could make people happy if they still can't IMMEDIATELY do it. All they can really do is make changes and hope to catch up.

That said I still have my refund request in the works but will gladly buy from them again once they get all their stuff caught back up.

Ok, the Hellboy props from the first movie were released before the movie came out.

Anovos dream is referring to the mass amount of product they have yet to develop and orders they have yet to fill. When an item is produced it isn't even a full run, they just send out a few here or there and many don't even realize its been made. For example the At-At helmet and Rey helmet. They make a couple and then just figure "screw it" on fulfilling the rest of the orders.

Better to have a company that actually functions than what Anovos and EFX is doing. What's the point of having them around if they just take money and never deliver? Their whole attitude is you'll get it when we feel like it. Your logic for people to keep giving Anovos money for nothing just to keep them in business makes no sense and the majority agree with me as Anovos seems to be freaking out (ie weird non-announcements) as people are spending their money elsewhere.

I'm not talking about cheap chinese plastic toys that neither look like the prop nor "function" like it either.
What boutique prop replica company (Like Anovos, MR, EFX) produced Hellboy props prior to the movie?
If Toys R US sold them, it's NOT a pop replica.

I'm nearly certain that everyone that has money with Anovos and is awaiting delivery will be squarely in my camp. Ask the guy on here that has $3k in outstanding orders if he wants Anovos to shutter its business.

Plenty have, Star Trek Next Gen , Hercules, Highlander The Series instantly come to mind, that was to easy :p

I'm not talking about cheap chinese plastic toys that neither look like the prop nor "function" like it either. What boutique prop replica company (Like Anovos, MR, EFX) produced Next Gen , Hercules, Highlander props prior to the series? If Toys R US sold them, it's NOT a pop replica.

Er most small companies work like this. I've worked for multiple small companies with millions of dollars of revenue and wore multiple hats including logistics and shipping. That's just the way it works.

I appreciate this blog posts and HOPE they can get it working better in the future. As far as them not really talking about shipping past items and refunds what could they possible say right now that could make people happy if they still can't IMMEDIATELY do it. All they can really do is make changes and hope to catch up.

That said I still have my refund request in the works but will gladly buy from them again once they get all their stuff caught back up.
It read to me more like they don't want to hire a full-time shipping staff. Which is terrible considering how they even admit they're behind and only shipping 2 days a week at that.

I'm not talking about cheap chinese plastic toys that neither look like the prop nor "function" like it either.
What boutique prop replica company (Like Anovos, MR, EFX) produced Hellboy props prior to the movie?
I'm not talking about cheap chinese plastic toys that neither look like the prop nor "function" like it either. What boutique prop replica company (Like Anovos, MR, EFX) produced Next Gen , Hercules, Highlander props prior to the series? If Toys R US sold them, it's NOT a pop replica.
Sideshow and HCG for Hellboy.
I don't follow Next Gen, Hercules or Highlander but I'm sure Apollo was talking about prop replicas since that was the question.

But again, Anovos is the king of broken promises. They rope people in with the promise of something new and shiny, 4 years pass with nothing to show and people get pissed, Anovos releases new shiny thing with promise to deliver for reals this time, repeat.

I understand why those who want their refunds are upset. I understand why those that are waiting on product are upset. I don't understand why folks with "no horse in this race" want the company to go out of business and have those of us waiting for product or refunds to twist in the wind. I'm not saying wait for your stuff if you want a refund, or pre order things if you don't trust them. I'm saying that the catharsis one gets by wishing a company to fail at the expense of others is pretty shortsighted. I want my stuff, i'll hold out. One wants a refund? go at it and good luck to you, I hope you get satisfaction. Want to go to celebration and curse out Anovos? Heres a torch and pitchfork. But different strokes for different folks and this whole "my side is bigger than your side and we want failure" and "anyone who gave or gives them money is stupid" is only creating toxicity between fans that should all be on the same side in wanting satisfaction, i.e. refunds and product. If you aren't owed something then I see no point in beating the horse. Maybe I am an optimist (this would make my friends and family laugh), but I don't believe that Anovos is trying to take money and run. I think they screwed up, got in over their heads, feared to say anything and are trying to get things done with the tools at their disposal, which seem limited. There is a protest Anovos thread now that can be used to, well, protest Anovos. Perhaps that is where conspiracy theories of Ponzi schemes and talk of the owners laughing at us from a beach with drinks in their hands should be, and this thread could be for actual verifiable information for those of us who are actually waiting for refunds or product?

Neither was I, just off the top of my head, here’s a little info for you,

Highlander The Series swords were done by MARTO, they were neither cheap nor made in china and they were the Swords used in the Production of the show, belt buckles, hair ties even a replica of Duncans overcoat were made as well and no “Toys R Us” did not sell them

As far as Next Gen goes Comm badges were being put out that were not the cheap ones but were indeed made in china, you know, kinda what A-no-gos is TRYING to do but failing to, their were other things but I will leave that for you to do a little research on

Actually a lot of stuff was being sold from Next Gen that was either Production made or Screen-used but that’s an entirely different subject

If Toys R US sold them, it's NOT a pop replica.

Probably no money to do that.

You and I know some people can read between the lines and have a pretty good idea of what is going on with them...

It read to me more like they don't want to hire a full-time shipping staff. Which is terrible considering how they even admit they're behind and only shipping 2 days a week at that.

I may be wrong but I do not think Anyone on here is “Rooting” for Anovos to shut down, they are just voicing their opinions.

I hope they pull out but the reality of the situation is they are facing a LOT of serious Problems that may be impossible to overcome.

As long as they continue to do business this way, I can not for my self, or others, recommend that any one order from them

I understand why those who want their refunds are upset. I understand why those that are waiting on product are upset. I don't understand why folks with "no horse in this race" want the company to go out of business and have those of us waiting for product or refunds to twist in the wind. I'm not saying wait for your stuff if you want a refund, or pre order things if you don't trust them. I'm saying that the catharsis one gets by wishing a company to fail at the expense of others is pretty shortsighted. I want my stuff, i'll hold out. One wants a refund? go at it and good luck to you, I hope you get satisfaction. Want to go to celebration and curse out Anovos? Heres a torch and pitchfork. But different strokes for different folks and this whole "my side is bigger than your side and we want failure" and "anyone who gave or gives them money is stupid" is only creating toxicity between fans that should all be on the same side in wanting satisfaction, i.e. refunds and product. If you aren't owed something then I see no point in beating the horse. Maybe I am an optimist (this would make my friends and family laugh), but I don't believe that Anovos is trying to take money and run. I think they screwed up, got in over their heads, feared to say anything and are trying to get things done with the tools at their disposal, which seem limited. There is a protest Anovos thread now that can be used to, well, protest Anovos. Perhaps that is where conspiracy theories of Ponzi schemes and talk of the owners laughing at us from a beach with drinks in their hands should be, and this thread could be for actual verifiable information for those of us who are actually waiting for refunds or product?

Next >
Neither was I, just off the top of my head, here’s a little info for you,

Highlander The Series swords were done by MARTO, they were neither cheap nor made in china and they were the Swords used in the Production of the show, belt buckles, hair ties even a replica of Duncans overcoat were made as well and no “Toys R Us” did not sell them

As far as Next Gen goes Comm badges were being put out that were not the cheap ones but were indeed made in china, you know, kinda what A-no-gos is TRYING to do but failing to, their were other things but I will leave that for you to do a little research on

Actually a lot of stuff was being sold from Next Gen that was either Production made or Screen-used but that’s an entirely different subject

I have never watched Highlander so news that licensed props worthy of being on-set were made available is news to me. I wish this would be the case for more sci fi shows.

Screen used items don't count as licensed prop replicas made available for consumer purchase so I'm not sure why you mentioned production made and screen used.

Although correct, I would also not count the commbadge as a prop when I think of props being made for fans. I tend to think more along the lines of the larger/more complex props or even just the ones that have more "wow" factor. The commbadge is a meh prop, to me.

None of the shows I watch or have interest in, aside from Discovery (and my interest in that show is negligible at best as I don't consider it Star Trek) have any licensed props. I'd like it if they did.

Irrelevant what your “Wow” factor is, the fact is that there were Props being made when certain shows were on the air and in Production

I referenced the Production made and Screen-used Props to further illustrate your ignorance on the subject matter on hand which you yourself validate about not having knowledge of, ie Highlander

Although correct, I would also not count the commbadge as a prop when I think of props being made for fans. I tend to think more along the lines of the larger/more complex props or even just the ones that have more "wow" factor. The commbadge is a meh prop, to me.

Irrelevant what your “Wow” factor is, the fact is that there were Props being made when certain shows were on the air and in Production

I referenced the Production made and Screen-used Props to further illustrate your ignorance on the subject matter on hand which you yourself validate about not having knowledge of, ie Highlander

No need to be hostile.

I disagree with you. production made and screen used props ARE NOT LICENSED PROPS for consumer purchase.
They are made for the TV show and therefor they do not fit the description as a licensed prop REPLICA, which is what I was talking about.

You could have just referenced the Commbadge and been done, seeing as how it is a prop and was made while the show was in production.

There is at least one and he/she has been very vocal in reiterating that opinion.
Why should people support a company or not warn others, just because a few refuse to see what's happening right in front of them. There are some that just refuse to acknowledge the building is burning all around them.

Sorry you feel i am being hostile to you as that is not my intent.

Again, simply put, you have a lack of knowledge of which you have acknowledged about Replica Props being made while the shows are in production and on the air

No need to be hostile.

I disagree with you. production made and screen used props ARE NOT LICENSED PROPS for consumer purchase.
They are made for the TV show and therefor they do not fit the description as a licensed prop REPLICA, which is what I was talking about.

You could have just referenced the Commbadge and been done, seeing as how it is a prop and was made while the show was in production.

Sorry you feel i am being hostile to you as that is not my intent.

Again, simply put, you have a lack of knowledge of which you have acknowledged about Replica Props being made while the shows are in production and on the air

At the onset, I invited others to name a show for which licensed prop replicas were made available while the show was in production.
A question by its very nature suggests a lack of knowledge.

@Ablagon, I see nothing wrong with someone wanting to inform/warn others. I see fault in openly wishing for the company to close knowing full well it will also mean that many customers will lose in the process.

The Refund Issue - ANOVOS Productions LLC

To quote their own language, I hope this “all sales are final” approach doesn’t backfire. Given their track record of deliveries, they will be hard pressed to take any more preorders when people can no longer request a refund...

Sean

Yeah.
This almost feels like new investors jumped in and implemented hard rules to protect their investments. It could work if they can deliver as scheduled. They'll have to go through a few cycles before regaining anyone's trust.

And I think there's going to be a lot of debating regarding the "we will continue to honor any existing refund requests made prior to this policy change" portion of the statement.

The Refund Issue - ANOVOS Productions LLC

To quote their own language, I hope this “all sales are final” approach doesn’t backfire. Given their track record of deliveries, they will be hard pressed to take any more preorders when people can no longer request a refund...

Sean

Wow.. ummmm..... THIS
I was toying with the idea of pre-ordering a couple of the Boba blaster kits since they're being "honest" and its actually sounding like a pretty cool kit, but SCREW that now that we can't get a refunds... In Stock or it aint happening. If they got their act together and developed a solid looking track record, maybe, but no way in hell with how things are right now.
Do they push sales at their booth while at Celebration? Cause I really hope that they specifically state this to those who they push sales on who dont know the story so far

******.. this is like being on the Titanic going down, its @$$-end up in the air, and the staff is telling ya "Everything is fine! You can just go back to your room, we'll be underway shortly! Half priced drinks in the bar for the inconvenience!"

This ones nice...
"However, this “wait and see” behavior frequently backfired on the customer since the majority of our items are produced to meet a minimum order quantity, leaving little—if any—inventory available after pre-orders were fulfilled."
Is this victim blaming or is it just a craftily worded scare tactic to promote pre-orders because now if you dont pre-order, you probably wont get one? Both?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back