ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I have read they pay some of their employees in merchandise, if that is the case they are not getting paid imo

I would assume; one of them is the lead researcher for their Star Trek stuff. He’s full time. Unless something has changed but I doubt it.

Their bulletin announcements they sent just before Celebration were pretty passive aggressive so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I hope I am wrong, butJoe and Dana were members here so I’m sure they will take MANY pages out of the Scammers ,“Excuse” book on their failures.

As with life in general I assume people proceed from ignorance rather than malice and while that doesn't stop feelings of disappointment, it can mitigate some anger. I realize there are some for which the anger makes them feel better, but I gave that up in my "angry twenties" . All that want their money back should pursue a means to get that back, and I hope they do. What I hope for also, is that people would stop calling the founders of Anovos thieves and liars,ponzi schemers etc. It doesn't help and as a matter of fact makes them hide from the community more. They clearly got in over their head, that seems obvious. They should not have put the blame on customers that cancelled orders, but what we did get from that was the truth that they didn't have the money to do what was promised. This was all mistakes they made along the way, whatever those mistakes were/are, I think they are trying to get themselves out of a financial quagmire and stay in business. I really dont think they are sitting in a room smoking cigars and laughing about the ways they are going to rip people off, and its counter productive to say such things. I think that they are sweating it, trying to figure out how to fix a mess, I bet it keeps them up nights. No one wants to get lawyers sicced on them.
I'm not saying people don't have a right to be upset. I'm not saying stop the law suits. I'm not saying give them praise and support. I'm just saying, perhaps go a bit easy on the 'they set out to steal my money' and maybe we might get an actual outcome that isn't them just going away. Again for full disclosure, I am into them for well over a grand so I understand the financial and time issues, I am by no means wealthy or young so I feel the pain. Just trying to stay alive long enough to wear my trooper armor without a cane as I don't believe it's 501st approvable.

Just PM him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-164047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190522-164047_Chrome.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 128
Well today, after 19 weeks, 40 something emails and 2 interventions from Disney I finally got notice that my order has been cancelled and that I've been refunded.

Feels like a huge weight has been lifted - although the amount was likely very small, compared to the orders that some of you have outstanding, I genuinely never thought I'd get the refund (let alone see the items I wanted)

As much as I'm thrilled to finally have this resolved, I am also feeling pretty down about it all.

I hope Anovos can turn this all around. Whether they can repair the damage they have done in the community, I just dont know. Unless things improve radically I dont think I could ever be convinced to give them money (directly at least) in the future

Well today, after 19 weeks, 40 something emails and 2 interventions from Disney I finally got notice that my order has been cancelled and that I've been refunded.

Congrats on getting your refund. Curious to what was the 2 interventions with Disney? Is there a contact we could use for the same issue?

I ordered an Anovos first order Stormtrooper kit over two years ago in 2017, and have yet to receive my order. I’ve written to them lately but they seem to have stopped responding to my emails. I paid over $900 on a few things from them, and after two years I still have not received anything!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back