ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

The ANOVOS OT Tie pilot helmet arrived!

It is very idealised. Unfortunate for some, brilliant for others.

It is a very nice item, also has a very accurate look. I don't like the adjustments made though, I wanted as true to real life as possible. Anovos are a costume company and not a prop replica company though I guess.

[url]https://c2.staticflickr.com/1/612/31521236081_ddc7a1a3f9_z.jpg[/URL]

The faceplate is symmetrical, it looks like they based the design on the left side (right side from the viewer's perspective) from what I can tell.

[url]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/246/30795437824_a7d7afff62_z.jpg[/URL]

The above reference picture is from the Objets Du Myth Star Wars prop book, check it out on amazon for sure! Tons of stuff in it.

So, from what you're saying, they didn't use the TK faceplate which was asymetrical? Also, would you mind posting a picture of this area of the helmet. The corner cuts on the TK kits was really bad in this area and kinda looked cheap as hell.

DSC_0004s.jpg

Edit: Found this in your account, I think I see the same bad detail .. urggg ...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133035711@N06/31521455021/in/dateposted/

And you didn't know that going in to the purchase? Anovos was very up front about the process about those specific "pre-order" items. If you didn't read the fine print, that's on you, not on them. EFX - this type of two year wait (risk) is just expected...

Like hell they were! Fine print? Why do you think there's fine print now? Because of all of us still waiting 20-30 months now on orders. They don't seem to give a rats ass about anything other than cranking out new items and screw all the people that dropped thousands on them years ago. They'll get around to shipping our orders if and when they feel like it. That's how it seems. And at the end of every promised delivery quarter, they just change the delivery quarter to the next one, with no explanation, no apology, no communication whatsoever. And to use EFX as a comparison? So you're saying Anovos is king of the crap pile? I've never encountered this kind of blatant disregard for clients. Nowhere even remotely close. It's mind boggling. This experience with them has been so frustrating and disappointing for so long. </rant>

Like hell they were! Fine print? Why do you think there's fine print now? Because of all of us still waiting 20-30 months now on orders. They don't seem to give a rats ass about anything other than cranking out new items and screw all the people that dropped thousands on them years ago. They'll get around to shipping our orders if and when they feel like it. That's how it seems. And at the end of every promised delivery quarter, they just change the delivery quarter to the next one, with no explanation, no apology, no communication whatsoever. And to use EFX as a comparison? So you're saying Anovos is king of the crap pile? I've never encountered this kind of blatant disregard for clients. Nowhere even remotely close. It's mind boggling. This experience with them has been so frustrating and disappointing for so long. </rant>
I believe it has been a pretty long time since Anovos has offered a new OT product that isn't just a piece of an already in development costume. For example the separate Vader pieces and the Droid Caller. The TFA items appear to get produced more closely to when they are originally estimated than the OT items have been. It seems to me that the OT products are a lower priority. That could be Anovos or Disney. I could certainly believe that Disney has more motivation to prioritize the products related to their films. Now with Rogue One, maybe they will prioritize Rogue One versions of certain OT costumes.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Just over 2 weeks in this quarter left i wonder whats getting pushed back this time?

My poor Snowtrooper is def getting bumped again.. Got Maul said 80% complete sometime back in October... I assume that means a Q2 delivery at best.... I just want it before Florida Supercon in June...

Last edited:
My poor Snowtrooper is def getting bumped again.. Got Maul said 80% complete sometime back in October... I assume that means a Q2 delivery at best.... I just want it before Florida Supercon in June...

Yea, I pre-ordered the snowy helmet at tier 1. I certainly hope they take into consideration the issues with using a warped helmet, unlike Master Replicas when they did the Boba Fett helmet...

Shoretrooper helmet sale is open 30 mins early. I just ordered one. Luckily I set email notification.

For those interested, get it now. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I'm comparing Anovos' pre-order to EFX's pre-orders.

However, Anovos has a detailed page about the process of pre-ordering: Buying in early at various stages of development gave the buyer an opportunity to purchase their products at varied stages of lower costs. But in doing so, while the cost was significantly lower, the wait time for the product release would longer as the product goes through the whole development and production process.

https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/41574273-whats-with-the-waiting-time-and-why-buy-early

Yes. Frustrating, but their website was pretty clear about the wait. And really, this "What's the waiting time?" page should be front and center in the "about Anovos" section.

Where Anovos is now differentiating from EFX in a very good way... they're now offering new "ready to ship" items as opposed to all "pre-order" items.

Anovos has explained how their production system has evolved since they first started, and certain (newer) items are being produced more quickly vs. the older items, and why the older items are still taking a while...

https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/faster-shipping-on-select-products

This does NOT excuse their inability to be responsive to their customers who are waiting on their older pre-orders.

I personally hope they can adopt the "ready to ship now" philosophy for selling their products, even if those products command a higher price. As I mentioned, it's better for everyone - the customer are happier they're not waiting upwards of 3 years for their product, and the Anovos isn't buried in customer complaints about production shipments...

And I'm not surprised products coinciding with these new movie releases are being pushed out the door as promoting the movies. Expect it for Episode 8 and the Han Solo movie as well.

Posted long AFTER many of us ordered--I agree--that page should be front and center. It should also say something about the wait being up to 3 years or more. If a realistic expectation had been set when I purchased, I wouldn't be so disappointed with Anovos. But it wasn't. At all.

Also, from that page: "we've identified the necessity of rising to the challenge of effectively communicating the status of projects " There has been ZERO communication from Anovos about that. NONE. NADA. ZILCH. ZIP. They just change the promised delivery 'quarter' on their website without a word. I wouldn't think it would take them over a year to figure out how to send customers emails. OH WAIT---they did figure out how to send emails. It seems like I get a dozen a day trying to sell me something (yes, I would unsubscribe but I fear if I do I may not receive an email that pertains to my outstanding order).

[QUOTE=craigjohn;4143581]https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/faster-shipping-on-select-products...[/QUOTE]
Posted less than a month ago. Good for them. So what.

As to comparing Anovos to EFX, I would hope that Anovos would find that insulting. Both companies are now really solid BAD examples.

I get that you like them, and want to defend them, and I respect that. Just realize the only thing that will alter my opinion of them or at the very least get me to stop posting/bitching/trying-to-get-answers-here is to receive what I ordered. However I do agree, they are getting better about offering in-stock items and shipping promptly. Good for them. Seriously. It means they may not implode as so many of the other license holders seem to. I honestly hope they stop with this despicable behavior and stick around. They make a decent product and fill a niche that's been missing.

Perhaps a good start would be someone in customer servIce, online chat, on facebook who knows something beyond the script they've been given--you know, the communication problems they identified in August of 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I called it, look at all the new Rogue One stuff available :lol

Anyway, am I the only one who hates Star Wars movies coming out by X-mas? It's not tradition and then it gets hard justifying buying stuff I would like to get when I have to spend money on X-mas gifts for the family. I just can't do it.:angry

Well I called it, look at all the new Rogue One stuff available :lol

Anyway, am I the only one who hates Star Wars movies coming out by X-mas? It's not tradition and then it gets hard justifying buying stuff I would like to get when I have to spend money on X-mas gifts for the family. I just can't do it.:angry

LOL I feel your pain!! Although somehow Darth Santa always manages to sneak a gift or two under the tree for me ;)

Posted long AFTER many of us ordered--I agree--that page should be front and center. It should also say something about the wait being up to 3 years or more. If a realistic expectation had been set when I purchased, I wouldn't be so disappointed with Anovos. But it wasn't. At all.

Also, from that page: "we've identified the necessity of rising to the challenge of effectively communicating the status of projects " There has been ZERO communication from Anovos about that. NONE. NADA. ZILCH. ZIP. They just change the promised delivery 'quarter' on their website without a word. I wouldn't think it would take them over a year to figure out how to send customers emails. OH WAIT---they did figure out how to send emails. It seems like I get a dozen a day trying to sell me something (yes, I would unsubscribe but I fear if I do I may not receive an email that pertains to my outstanding order).

[QUOTE=craigjohn;4143581]https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/faster-shipping-on-select-products...
Posted less than a month ago. Good for them. So what.

As to comparing Anovos to EFX, I would hope that Anovos would find that insulting. Both companies are now really solid BAD examples.

I get that you like them, and want to defend them, and I respect that. Just realize the only thing that will alter my opinion of them or at the very least get me to stop posting/bitching/trying-to-get-answers-here is to receive what I ordered. However I do agree, they are getting better about offering in-stock items and shipping promptly. Good for them. Seriously. It means they may not implode as so many of the other license holders seem to. I honestly hope they stop with this despicable behavior and stick around. They make a decent product and fill a niche that's been missing.

Perhaps a good start would be someone in customer servIce, online chat, on facebook who knows something beyond the script they've been given--you know, the communication problems they identified in August of 2015.[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------

I wouldn't say I like Anovos (I do like them better than EFX at the moment). But I've been very hard on them (and EFX), and in particular their business practices which translates to excessively long wait times, delays, and failing miserably at direct customer service - even the use of prototype images for their products when they have shipping items that look recognizably different than their prototype images.

I do applaud Anovos for possibly turning the corner and selling items which are ready to ship. That at least seems encouraging in terms of their business longevity and making good on their pre-order deliverables, unlike EFX - and MR has already closed their doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I have is that they made this big deal about communication after all the OT TKs started raising hell about having to wait 6 months or whatever it was they got delayed saying how they would start providing updates and they did... for like 3 months, then just went dark on people, now the only emails they send are more product announcements and them trying to sell some random instock items.. Thats what is frustrating. I love that we can at times bug GotMaul here, but that shouldn't be how it is, they should be reaching out to the customer like they said they would.

P.S. They were NOT upfront about the wait time. At the time I pre-ordered my Snowtrooper (I believe December 2014.. whenever T1 price was available) they said it would be there by Q3 2015. Its now a year and 3 months after that and its been delayed again into Q1 2017 according to their site. I get that they had to redesign and make changes, but don't sit here and tell me they were upfront about how long it would take me to get my item.

after all the OT TKs started raising hell about having to wait 6 months or whatever it was they got delayed

That always made me headshaking - i looks like many kids had ordered the TK kits in the first run, kids that wern´t able to read text that is longer than a "rofl" or maybe 2 sentences.
Even i as a not native english speaker was able to understand their communicated timeline (from the start).

They mentioned 2 possibilities - standard delivery time, and a delivery time they hoped for. They never promised the early date would happen, just that they wanted to try it. And soon people started complaining, some months before the standard delivery time was in reach. Like they only read the first 2 sentences and skipped the rest of text.

They delivered the first run within the time they mentioned right from the start.

Premier? Standard? Where did you see this?

Received at 10:30pm 16 DEC:

Please allow 2 to 3 business days for tracking details to resolve properly.

This shipment includes the following items:
Item #
Description
Qty
01162022-L
STAR WARS™ - Imperial Officer - Olive/Grey Uniform Hat - Premier Line
Placed on November 21, 2014 06:17AM, just shy of 2 years and a month.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back