ANOVOS Kirk TOS Tunic

Sadly no. I was supposed to have seen a prototype but that I guess fell through somewhere along the lines. What I have had ,is access to the same photos everybody else had, but I know most of the players involved (and those no longer involved), and some of how these first uniforms were prototyped and the sources used from conversations with people who own original pieces, and people who own original patterns, and phone conversations with Joe and on and on.

That's a pretty bold claim.

I'd be interested in any facts you have to back it.

What people were sold is NOT a screen accurate replica but mass produced 1977 Phase II fan uniforms patterned by John Broughton of Farragut Films who's own uniforms were made using Lincolin Enterprises' patterns from James Cawley. Not the 1960's Star Trek uniforms advertised.

Got your PM you know I've been around Trek and Trek Costuming since 1976 and the one constant is there is a lot of BS out there and a lot of the so called experts are Con Artists.

It seems Trek just seems to bring out the worse in people but when theres money to be made it does not surprise me

Oh come on everyone knows that John Broughton was in the loop as the prototypes were created by him along with the Big Bang Tunics, I too was expecting more BANG For the buck pardon the pun lol I see just another try at a tos tunic that has failed?
really it is not an exact replica? some of us fans were expecting a heck of a lot more, with the placement of the insignia it just blows the whole deal, does not even look right. sorry if the truth hurts! : ( Next??

Personally I prefer a little idealism in my replicas. I don't want to spend that much for something that perfectly replicates some the cheap or quick and dirty techniques of the original screen used item that was not intended to be kept or collected (nor seen outside of the extremely small screen and low resolution televisions of the '60s). I don't want diamond weave that will fall apart like the exact material used in the '60s. I don't want threads hanging off the braids as to be accurate to the actual screen used uniforms.

granted that weird pear shaped and over weight people should NOT Be squishing into these and expect to look like a 35 year old Shatner! lol

Personally I prefer a little idealism in my replicas. I don't want to spend that much for something that perfectly replicates some the cheap or quick and dirty techniques of the original screen used item that was not intended to be kept or collected (nor seen outside of the extremely small screen and low resolution televisions of the '60s). I don't want diamond weave that will fall apart like the exact material used in the '60s. I don't want threads hanging off the braids as to be accurate to the actual screen used uniforms.

good point and i am sure we all agree about the quality! of course we want better quality than a screen used item but we want accuracy! not in the quality but in the look.

Oh I don't think we will ever see an EXACT replica, for that you need to get a Screen-used one.

I see just another try at a tos tunic that has failed?
really it is not an exact replica? some of us fans were expecting a heck of a lot more, with the placement of the insignia it just blows the whole deal, does not even look right. sorry if the truth hurts! : ( Next??

:lol You know what they say, It takes a Man's Man to wear a wig a girdle and high heels. :lol

Unfortunately, these look a little pear shaped... which is disappointing, given that the sizes on their site read:

S M L XL 2XL
Chest 36-38" 39-41" 42-44" 45-48" 50-52"
Waist 29-31" 32-34" 36-38" 40-42" 44-46"
Neck 14-14½" 15-15½" 16-16½" 17-17½" 18-18½"
Arm Length 32-33" 3 3½-34" 34½-35" 35½-36" 36-36½"
Showing what I thought would be a larger chest to waist ratio... but, I suppose that might be a problem when trying to fit everyone :unsure

I do know an excellent tailor... if I can ever get ahold of him.

I hope I can come back to this Thread?
I am glad to see another opinion shared,
I was afraid of getting dog piled and starting an argument and then getting Banned.
It has happened to others before.

Since were throwing caution to the wind, I like the Tunic idea.
And that it came from "Professional Costumers" that had access to the Real thing not someone with a sewing machine working out of a garage going on screen caps.
But I also for the Price expect more, And still want Bill Shatner to Deliver mine if I order..

I was afraid of getting dog piled and starting an argument and then getting Banned.

And that it came from "Professional Costumers" that had access to the Real thing not someone with a sewing machine working out of a garage going on screen caps.
But I also for the Price expect more, And still want Bill Shatner to Deliver mine if I order..

I like to think that we are all big boys and girls and we can all share our opinions with out to much conflict? there is always conflict when people have different opinions and want to share them but as long as we dont force them upon others it should be fine. we all have the right to our opinions. :thumbsup at least in my opinion! :confused:lol

Hey opinions are like.... well you know!

The "real things" varied greatly.

As far as the Price anything cheaper and you will be wearing a Ruby and trust me you don't want that!

I think some of us were just looking in the last word in trek tunics? hoping the search was over? wanting the uber tunic! and it turnd out like some of the other trek offerings out there, just slightly off! off enough to make you wanting just a little more accurate and continuing the search.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back