ANOVOS Kirk TOS Tunic

Joe, I was spicificly referancing the braid that you had already mentioned.

AnovosThread1.png

Last edited:
First, Joe I'm sorry if I wasn't being specific enough, but no where did I ever suggest or indeed intend to suggest that ANOVOS had ever "lifted" John's patterns, but had only noted that ANOVOS used John as a resource, and that at one time the patterns John was using for his Farragut series uniforms had been given to him by James Cawely at a time when the two were closer.

I know perhaps better than most the steps you've taken to be accurate in the production of these uniforms and have only ever tried to call things as I see them as certain issues come up. One of the reasons you sought me out earler this year, was for my candor in these issues.

The insignia placement issue and sizing questions were legitimate questions I would hope anyone with an eye for Star Trek uniforms (or indeed any intricate costume) would raise, and I'm happy if by raising those questions, those issues will be addressed to the betterment of both product and customer.

As for my concerns that the green wraparound would be too tight, and the point on the waist line inaccuratly placed on the uniform...you've explained that indeed the prototype Vic was photographed in was infact not made to his size, but rather a precise replica of the original Shatner wrap, and that the wraps when shipped to the customer will display the correct sizing, and will not have the stretching seen when Vic tried to squeeze into a wrap that's too snug. Cool! I hope everybody who ordered a wrap read that last (really badly run-on) sentence.

Regardless, it was not my intention to call anyone's integrity into question, and if for any reason anyone feels that I have, I'm truly sorry.
Joe, you and I have been friends for a while now and I do apologise if that's what you felt. If you've any further questions about any of this stuff please let me know either on line or give me a call.

John

Last edited:
So, question- when shipping was paid and a confirmation email was sent, did everyone get an email letting them know when their order was shipped? Or did it just show up? Still in the "waiting" boat here. Not that there's a huge rush anyway. I won't need it ready to go until Spring.

Wow, this thread is really going on and on.

@Darth - I recieved a shipping notification email with tracking info.

@Art I can get a girdle, I kind of want to just for fun along with a toupe.

*sigh* ... guess I'll send another message and let them know. Costume makers are always so much trouble getting your stuff from... and then when you do they send robots after you to kill you and then you put the thing on and your face turns to snakes and bugs...

I may have confused universes...

Don't know so much about the snakes, but I sent your request over to WI to find out what the heck is taking so long ! lol -

I still can't believe how much weight you've lost! Its been a true pleasure watching you bust your butt and see results over the past year alone!

Well, after months and months of waiting, I finally received mine. Now I figured after all the hype and the incredibly long time I waited on this thing, I was destined for disappointment. I can now say with certainty, that I was wrong. I was pretty blown away with this. I had never seen the season three material before in person. I'm pretty impressed with the way it's thick and stretches in all directions. The color is beautiful and the braids are gorgeous.

I was actually a bit worried about the fit... being that it had taken so long. However, I'm now glad I got the size I did. Any smaller and it wouldn't fit. However, I will have to take in the mid-section... but I can't complain about that anymore than I can that a suit doesn't fit right off the rack.

As a whole I am very happy with the quality... The wait was a bit much, but believe it was because they didn't want to send out anything that wasn't up to standards.

Glad to see you finally got yours and you are happy with it! :thumbsup

Well, after months and months of waiting, I finally received mine. Now I figured after all the hype and the incredibly long time I waited on this thing, I was destined for disappointment. I can now say with certainty, that I was wrong. I was pretty blown away with this. I had never seen the season three material before in person. I'm pretty impressed with the way it's thick and stretches in all directions. The color is beautiful and the braids are gorgeous.

I was actually a bit worried about the fit... being that it had taken so long. However, I'm now glad I got the size I did. Any smaller and it wouldn't fit. However, I will have to take in the mid-section... but I can't complain about that anymore than I can that a suit doesn't fit right off the rack.

As a whole I am very happy with the quality... The wait was a bit much, but believe it was because they didn't want to send out anything that wasn't up to standards.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back