ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I returned home yesterday, after being away for many weeks. I was very excited to receive the Han Solo belt rig. The insert says there are assembly instructions online but that is incorrect. The link does not provide instructions. I am hoping for a little help because the metal clips at the end of the leather belt appear to want to connect to the posts behind the buckle but they do not fit and I'm afraid that forcing them will weaken or break the metal posts. Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing it incorrectly?

IMG_1796.JPG

I have a lot of Tier 1 preorders unfulfilled but I still will get any in stock new product. After the prop shop failure I am happy we still have one company that is still alive and kicking and delivering old and new stuff. But I always see the glass as half full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but that's you, I believe you have received items so its easy for you to say, I'm speaking not for myself per say but several people that are not happy that I'm also passing information here onto

Yes but that's you, I believe you have received items so its easy for you to say, I'm speaking not for myself per say but several people that are not happy that I'm also passing information here onto

I've only received the items everyone else is receiving. I am probably waiting on the same items you are still waiting on but I still don't mind because I see that they are now delivering product so I see that as a good sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. I feel your pain. Even after talking with Anovos CS and GotMaul, I'm still looking at the end of the year before my Han Solo Holster and Han Solo Premiere Bespin ensemble because both of my orders were apparently in the batches that had to be remade. Apparently, there were some problems with some shirts on the Premier Bespin ensemble as well as with the holster rigs.

The first orders, according to GotMaul are being fulfilled first. Fair enough. Just sucks that their CS chose to tell me everything was good on my order rather than having me find out the hard way.

Anyways, I won't ever shop with Anovos again after this experience, I'm afraid. I'll spend my money with the excellent prop makers on this forum in the future instead.

So whats up with the CA sales tax? do you guys now have a office here? a distribution center so us CA customers will get our packages faster?

I know that a rep at con was saying that anovos now has presence in CA so kinda wondered what that meant

I would love to buy some more stuff but after the insane shipping prices, no more tier pricing, and now CA sales tax I havent been able to justify the end price.

Regarding the shipping issue we honor original shipping charges. If you see otherwise let me know... As there are exceptions that do occur

I returned home yesterday, after being away for many weeks. I was very excited to receive the Han Solo belt rig. The insert says there are assembly instructions online but that is incorrect. The link does not provide instructions. I am hoping for a little help because the metal clips at the end of the leather belt appear to want to connect to the posts behind the buckle but they do not fit and I'm afraid that forcing them will weaken or break the metal posts. Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing it incorrectly?

View attachment 682233

Just push them in place,

Still waiting a coverall I ordered c. two years ago. It's pushed back again and again. I hope this time Q4 release is accurate.

Received shipping notice for many Solo Standard Line ensemble. It should be arriving on Tuesday.

Still nothing on the Solo holster though...

Sean

Edit - Looks like this holster is actually in the shipment. UPS also made some progress this weekend so everything is arriving today!

Edit 2 - Apparently, Anovos's system is a little wonky. The holster was not included in the shipment and will be shipped later. The Solo ESB ensemble arrived though. I'm very happy with it. A few tailoring adjustments and I should be all set. Now I just need to find some boots...

Last edited:
I was all ready to order the standard version but when I went to make my order they had taken it down.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I think the standard Kylo Ren version would have done well. I believe pre-sales suffered due to the outstanding orders of the premium and unknown delivery date issues plaguing the entire line. If they made it and sold it, I think there would be plenty of takers.

I think the standard Kylo Ren version would have done well. I believe pre-sales suffered due to the outstanding orders of the premium and unknown delivery date issues plaguing the entire line. If they made it and sold it, I think there would be plenty of takers.

If they cancel the item, then its because pre-sales do not warrant the cost of tooling the item for production. Might be the Hasbro Black Helmet had an effect on the pre order sales too.

If they cancel the item, then its because pre-sales do not warrant the cost of tooling the item for production. Might be the Hasbro Black Helmet had an effect on the pre order sales too.

I know why they cancelled it and as I stated in my previous post, I theorized why the pre-sales were low. But this is not a fan project in the junkyard, this is the big league kiddos. Time to put your big boy pants on. I believe that if you did the research, you would discover their was an advance out their. I say that under the current circumstances, their are more potential buyers for items for stock than those willing to invest in questionable pre-sale delivery dates. As a result, pre-sales does not give you an accurate gauge of interest and potential sales. In short... If you build it, they will buy (assuming you did your homework).

For instance: I really would like a TIE helmet (and if they ever sell it, the chest armor), but you're not going to get me on an Anovos pre-sale list again. I also tend to buy a lot of things for my collection, not because I had an interest in the item prior to its release, but because it was done so well that it became a must have for my collection.

I know why they cancelled it and as I stated in my previous post, I theorized why the pre-sales were low. But this is not a fan project in the junkyard, this is the big league kiddos. Time to put your big boy pants on. I believe that if you did the research, you would discover their was an advance out their. I say that under the current circumstances, their are more potential buyers for items for stock than those willing to invest in questionable pre-sale delivery dates. As a result, pre-sales does not give you an accurate gauge of interest and potential sales. In short... If you build it, they will buy (assuming you did your homework).

For instance: I really would like a TIE helmet (and if they ever sell it, the chest armor), but you're not going to get me on an Anovos pre-sale list again. I also tend to buy a lot of things for my collection, not because I had an interest in the item prior to its release, but because it was done so well that it became a must have for my collection.

Hmmm...if I were to paraphrase Master Yoda I would say "you seem to have a lot of anger in you, like your father...". But if you did your homework, then you would know that the cost of tooling a product is very expensive and gauging interest to justify that cost in producing a product is one way of doing it.

I have no idea what you do for a living or what your college degree was in, but just in case you do not understand the manufacturing process, I would recommend you do some homework and look up what caused the demise of other prop companies such as ICONS, Master Replicas, and now Prop Shop, and then you would know what is causing ANOVOS and eFx to have issues with getting product out and the approval process they have to go through with Disney and Lucasfilms.

You seem to think these companies, which are privately owned and funded, have an endless supply of money to tool each and every prop (very expensive); get it approved by Disney and Lucasfilm; then manufacture it at their own cost; deal with the Chinese in getting it made; get it in stock; and then hope it sells out to the public where they then finally make a profit and can stay in business.

The purpose of pre-sales is to see if there is enough interest to justify the tooling of the prototype. A good recent history lesson is to look at what happened to the Prop Shop and how not to do things in the current prop market. Remember, this company was making the props as they were ordered with a four month wait time.

If you were referring to me as doing my homework before posting, then please be reassured I did exactly that as I went straight to the source and spoke directly with Joe at ANOVOS to find out why ANOVOS canceled the product in question. All I did was pass along what he told me was the real reason the product in question was canceled so everyone, including you, would understand. My post was not meant to hurt your feelings or get you all riled up and angry.

I am sure if you have a better understanding of the licensed prop business, then both ANOVOS and eFX would love to hear from you with your business expertise to help them with getting their business plan corrected and the right product out to the public at a fair price and without the long wait time and hastle when you consider all the business factors the market currently has to deal with today.

But seriously, you sound like you have it all figured out, so why don't you reach out to Joe at gotmaul on this forum and Bryan and eFX and I am sure both would be interested in hearing your financial proposal on fixing the current prop replica market issues.

As always, MTFBWY and LLAP and Take Care,

Rick

I realize this is slightly off topic, but has anyone ever seen one of these cheapo holster rigs up close?

https://www.amazon.com/Blaster-Holster-Caller-Greeble-Costume/dp/B013U9T6DE

Are they worth a dang? I was considering the Todd's Costumes version, but if the one on Amazon is at all comparable for a fraction of the price, I'll go with the cheapo rig. I'm not super concerned about total accuracy when it comes to the holster rig...

Actually the kylo premiere outsold the standards over 100 to one and still growing. The standards didn't fund mostly because of Hasbro black series. Its all about positioning

I can't wait for my Kylo helmet!

Actually the kylo premiere outsold the standards over 100 to one and still growing. The standards didn't fund mostly because of Hasbro black series. Its all about positioning

Well there you go. Straight from ANOVOS on why the Standard Kylo was canceled. Its all about basic economic principals dealing with supply and demand.

Hmmm...if I were to paraphrase Master Yoda I would say "you seem to have a lot of anger in you, like your father...". But if you did your homework, then you would know that the cost of tooling a product is very expensive and gauging interest to justify that cost in producing a product is one way of doing it.

I have no idea what you do for a living or what your college degree was in, but just in case you do not understand the manufacturing process, I would recommend you do some homework and look up what caused the demise of other prop companies such as ICONS, Master Replicas, and now Prop Shop, and then you would know what is causing ANOVOS and eFx to have issues with getting product out and the approval process they have to go through with Disney and Lucasfilms.

You seem to think these companies, which are privately owned and funded, have an endless supply of money to tool each and every prop (very expensive); get it approved by Disney and Lucasfilm; then manufacture it at their own cost; deal with the Chinese in getting it made; get it in stock; and then hope it sells out to the public where they then finally make a profit and can stay in business.

The purpose of pre-sales is to see if there is enough interest to justify the tooling of the prototype. A good recent history lesson is to look at what happened to the Prop Shop and how not to do things in the current prop market. Remember, this company was making the props as they were ordered with a four month wait time.

If you were referring to me as doing my homework before posting, then please be reassured I did exactly that as I went straight to the source and spoke directly with Joe at ANOVOS to find out why ANOVOS canceled the product in question. All I did was pass along what he told me was the real reason the product in question was canceled so everyone, including you, would understand. My post was not meant to hurt your feelings or get you all riled up and angry.

I am sure if you have a better understanding of the licensed prop business, then both ANOVOS and eFX would love to hear from you with your business expertise to help them with getting their business plan corrected and the right product out to the public at a fair price and without the long wait time and hastle when you consider all the business factors the market currently has to deal with today.

But seriously, you sound like you have it all figured out, so why don't you reach out to Joe at gotmaul on this forum and Bryan and eFX and I am sure both would be interested in hearing your financial proposal on fixing the current prop replica market issues.

As always, MTFBWY and LLAP and Take Care,

Rick

Why is it that every thin skinned member here takes my difference of opinion as anger or hurt feelings? Is my avatar scowling too much? Get over yourself.

Do I really need to post my resume just to have this conversation? I'll hit some highlights. I was the Officer in Charge of a team in manufacturing the F-35A/B/C Lightning II. I also was solely responsible for an annual OPTAR budget just under $9 million. I know more in my the little bit of fingernail I clipped off than you in regards to textile/apparel manufacturing/management, Six Sigma, Lean, Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, QA, Safety, Manpower, Leadership, and managing so many various programs with some that you have never heard of. Do I rate well enough so that I can chat here with you?

What I am telling you is simply this. If you wanna play it safe, then go ahead and utilize pre-sales as justification of buyer interest. But... It is not a true accurate gauge of real interest of whether the product will be successful or not.

So how many pre-sales do you think Hasbro collected before they went into manufacturing of their Ren helmet?

I'll repeat...
If you wanna play it safe, then go ahead and utilize pre-sales as justification of buyer interest. But... It is not a true accurate gauge of real interest of whether the product will be successful or not.

So how many pre-sales do you think Hasbro collected before they went into manufacturing of their Ren helmet?

So, after all that, you still want to try and compare a company like Hasbro with Anovos? You don't think the scale is off in that comparison, just a little bit? You're going to seriously try and act as if Anovos has the same resources as Hasbro? Because if you honestly believe that, then maybe you shouldn't keep trying to flaunt your business acumen.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back