ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Just got this email along with some photos of the standard line:
Yes, dazzling once again that production has BEGUN.

Not finished.

BEGUN...

But notice that there is also no shiny coating on this sample they sent us pictures of. That makes me wary because the shiny coating was supposedly their failure with the last batch.

I could put this another way for other Kylo customers - remember when, over a year ago, their cloth person, Maegen Hensley wrote a blog update detailing the failures of the prior factory in applying that shiny stuff to the fabric? While Anovos has conveniently gotten rid of that post, Maegen ended it by saying that she would send out periodic updates over time to "show that we are indeed proceeding."

While a flat out lie, it ended up being ironically true because, for the duration of more than a year, they have done nothing. Sure, they worked with a new factory to develop an additional prototype.

For a year.

Even though they had one to begin with.

So no updates were possible because I guess they did nothing that whole time.

Important to articulate this stuff.

Last edited:
Yes, dazzling once again that production has BEGUN.

Not finished.

BEGUN...

But notice that there is also no shiny coating on this sample they sent us pictures of. That makes me wary because the shiny coating was supposedly their failure with the last batch.

I could put this another way for other Kylo customers - remember when, over a year ago, their cloth person, Maegen Hensley wrote a blog update detailing the failures of the prior factory in applying that shiny stuff to the fabric? While Anovos has conveniently gotten rid of that post, Maegen ended it by saying that she would send out periodic updates over time to "show that we are indeed proceeding."

While a flat out lie, it ended up being ironically true because, for the duration of more than a year, they have done nothing. Sure, they worked with a new factory to develop an additional prototype.

For a year.

Even though they had one to begin with.

So no updates were possible because I guess they did nothing that whole time.

Important to articulate this stuff.
I am starting to sense, based on your posts, the best way of not ending up in a pain booth, is to not play with them at all.

Attachments

• 1602806310929.jpeg
    1602806310929.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 79
I am starting to sense, based on your posts, the best way of not ending up in a pain booth, is to not play with them at all.
Oh god, for sure. If you are thinking of doing a costume or display and you start searching the web, maybe even getting excited to purchase a few things, you are dead in the water with these folk.

Dead in the water.

Ooooohhhh, I'll have a stab at it! Does that surprise anyone?

Okay...

"Mother ******, I just spent thousands of dollars on Star Wars costumes, told the kids, got them excited, and then spent an additional several hundred dollars to find a crappy replacement costume for myself after helping them make their own for months because mine never arrived. But that's okay. That's okay. That's okay - because Anovos said it will be fine next year. I'll have it next year. And then, doctor, it all kept repeating and repeating. 5 years now and I can't get it to stop!"

Well, totally unrelated but.....
Ordered the full TFA Kylo costume from Darkside Costumes on September 30th and just arrived yesterday in perfect condition and just in time for Halloween. Why didn't I do this 4 years ago since I have missed 3 other Halloween's in that time?
Sorry for those STILL waiting.......
Darkside is great!!! I have part of their costume combined with my changes to an Xcoser (sp?) from a couple years ago or so. The kids were excited that I was going to be Kylo Ren so I spent even MORE money (thanks again, Anovos) to put it together quickly.

Still not the experience we were promised in exchange for $3000.

We're idiots for believing in this company.

I wouldn't go that far.

I think there was a lot of hope, trust, and respect afforded them as they came from this site. And maybe that was presumptuous on our part, but there were no signs that this would ultimately be the result. We cant see the future... or i know I can't. But yes, they have missed the mark and in my opinion they deserve the criticism they recieve. I dont begrudge them if they really have had issues, but unfortunately they are customer closed (with updates and transparency), so that all we can do is blame them. And at some point even real supply issues fall to them... obviously not Covid related ones, but keeping bad manufacturers or not providing proper oversight when issues arise.

So, no, we weren't idiots, just afforded them a lot since they came from here. Now in 2020 those ordering now who dont do simple homework on this company and complain later ... i think they are irresponsibly naive ... but anyways... off my soapbox i go.. I'll shut up now.

Darkside is great!!! I have part of their costume combined with my changes to an Xcoser (sp?) from a couple years ago or so. The kids were excited that I was going to be Kylo Ren so I spent even MORE money (thanks again, Anovos) to put it together quickly.

Still not the experience we were promised in exchange for $3000.

I'm shocked that a Kylo Ren costume costs 3K in the first place.

I'm not, especially with having to pay the Mouse's licensing fees.

I have a TFA Kylo costume sourced from non-licensees (other than the Anovos helmet), and I'm easily over $2k.

What I am shocked at is that it takes a company 3+ years to finish theirs...

Sean

I wouldn't go that far.

I think there was a lot of hope, trust, and respect afforded them as they came from this site. And maybe that was presumptuous on our part, but there were no signs that this would ultimately be the result. We cant see the future... or i know I can't. But yes, they have missed the mark and in my opinion they deserve the criticism they recieve. I dont begrudge them if they really have had issues, but unfortunately they are customer closed (with updates and transparency), so that all we can do is blame them. And at some point even real supply issues fall to them... obviously not Covid related ones, but keeping bad manufacturers or not providing proper oversight when issues arise.

So, no, we weren't idiots, just afforded them a lot since they came from here. Now in 2020 those ordering now who dont do simple homework on this company and complain later ... i think they are irresponsibly naive ... but anyways... off my soapbox i go.. I'll shut up now.
Of course you're right. And I totally agree.

Thank you for voicing the level of maturity that has been sapped of me...

by Anovos.

I'm not shocked either. I saw the real one and the tailoring/ cutting/ pleating - all of that with respectable materials is gonna climb up fast.

One of the reasons I purchased it is because they looked to be so one their game and well supported with the Disney name behind the prototype.

But do you realize that in over 5 years they have only successfully completed 2 prototypes of their own and 1 prototype from the current production company?

I am excruciatingly left with the belief/ conclusion that the owners of this company consider themselves to be idea men: thinking all along that they could get away with pointing at things and having other fabricators replicate everything they indicate. And this delusion leads to rookie move after rookie move after rookie move.

I'm not shocked either. I saw the real one and the tailoring/ cutting/ pleating - all of that with respectable materials is gonna climb up fast.

One of the reasons I purchased it is because they looked to be so one their game and well supported with the Disney name behind the prototype.

But do you realize that in over 5 years they have only successfully completed 2 prototypes of their own and 1 prototype from the current production company?

I am excruciatingly left with the belief/ conclusion that the owners of this company consider themselves to be idea men: thinking all along that they could get away with pointing at things and having other fabricators replicate everything they indicate. And this delusion leads to rookie move after rookie move after rookie move.
Worse would be the FO Trooper which has a fraction of the detail of the kylo and is something they made a number of early on for an event - yet inexplicably have crossed the 4 year mark on getting it out after taking a boatload of money to do it.

Worse still, selling something say you have 10 in stock, so order fast! And not being able to deliver that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back