Anovos Class Action lawsuit

Sevan

Hello everyone.

I'm new here. Trying to spread word about something some of you might already be a part of. My friend Matthew Lanclos from Twitter began the process of forming a group to go after Anovos. We have a lawyer and quite a few people who have either never received their items ordered (like myself) or received poor quality products. We still have time to gather more troops for the cause, so here's the information if you would like to be part of this.

From twitter:
--------------------
Matthew Lanclos

@MILEHIGHMAHOO

·
Jun 3

Hey #Twitterverse. If you have not received your items from
@Anovos
#Anovos and would like to participate in a possible #classaction #classactionlawsuit against them please email me at anovosclassaction@icloud.com with the subject "Questionnaire Form Request". #fraud #ponzischeme

------------------

The questionnaire form is fairly simple. It's information about what you ordered, when, if you've contacted the company, and how the lawyer can reach you. I will keep my account active here if you want to talk privately or respond to the thread as I'll check in to answer what I can. We had a conference call this afternoon with the lawyer. This currently is for all USA buyers, but the lawyer still wants to hear from international folks too.

It's time to take a stand against companies that defraud people.

Thx for reading.
Sevan

I actually thought about this this week how nothing has come from it, glad to see some progress

I actually thought about this this week how nothing has come from it, glad to see some progress

I admit I was surprised there was no real activity in this thread, given how upset folks here are with Anovos - but in terms of the legal action, 13 days (which is how old the first post is) is trivial. I'd be shocked if this made it to trial (or a negotiated settlement) in less than 2 years. (Based on my experience working in Alberta Courts.)

What? The scummy behavior of anogos? Or something else?
Anovos business practice, and the way the community has been treated by them

still can not for the life of me understand how they can keep these licenses with out delivering product paid for 5 years ago..

Anovos business practice, and the way the community has been treated by them

still can not for the life of me understand how they can keep these licenses with out delivering product paid for 5 years ago..
Same. They (especially the owners) need to be permabanned from any business forever. Also: forwarded some links to certain posts of the longass thread to the attorneys, they might be useful for finding foul play of the mouse

It is mostly people complaining about long overdue orders. There are some messages about phone calls for the lawsuit. No details, just the time and date for the call.
SInce im in at the lawsuit (filled the questionnaire and then later the form sent by the lawyer) i get the information on the calls directly from the lawyers. So good to know that nothing important hides over there.

What is the status of the lawsuit?

I'm not a member of this suit (I've never bought anything from Anovos, so I've not been harmed by them); I'm also Canadian, and the details for this sort of thing obviously vary a lot not only from country to country, but indeed province/state/department to province/state/department.

However, within the limits of that, I have worked for the courts. I am not a lawyer, but from my observations a "normal," two-party non-small-claims civil suit would normally take a couple months from calling the lawyer to filing the initial Statement of Claim. With a class-action suit, the time goes up quite a bit. First, the lawyer will need to talk to all the possible claimants and get their statements. Then, they will (probably) have to get that group of people certified by the court as a "class" able to conduct a "class action." Then they will have to apply for a court date.

In Alberta, there is a shortage of courtrooms and judges (even before the pandemic) so here, at least, one could expect to wait one to two years between filing the claim and going to trial. As far as I can tell the pandemic has just made that worse; obviously the physical courtroom space isn't a limitation for a zoom-type trial, but doing it remotely eats up even more "judge time" than doing it in-person did.

There's a lot of variables for how long the trial would last and I'm not in a position to estimate those, so I won't try.

This being a civil suit, the most you can recover is whatever you lost, unless you (collectively) can convince the judge (or jury, if this is done in a state where civil trials have juries (which I think is weird, but you do you, America :p ) ) that Anovos was not only in the wrong, but was so egregiously in the wrong they deserve to be punished over and above what making their customers whole will cost. Speaking very broadly, most judges tend not to aware punitive damages unless the wrongdoing is flagrantly excessive, whilst juries tend to react more on an emotional level so it will depend on which side they see as the "bad guys." You usually can not recover court costs and lawyers' fees, although this being a class action means those will be distributed across the whole class. (That is a detail that varies by jursidiction, though, so it might be possible.)

And, of course, you can't get blood from a stone - if Anovos really doesn't have the money to pay everyone back, then the most you'll get is your share of whatever they do have.

That assumes Anovos doesn't offer to settle, of course, in which case you will get the miniumum Anovos can offer to make a majority of the class cut their losses and go away.

All of which is a long-winded way of me saying "you probably need to wait a few weeks for the lawyers to get their ducks in a row and then they can give some estimates of best/worst/middle case results." :D

I'm not a member of this suit (I've never bought anything from Anovos, so I've not been harmed by them); I'm also Canadian, and the details for this sort of thing obviously vary a lot not only from country to country, but indeed province/state/department to province/state/department.

However, within the limits of that, I have worked for the courts. I am not a lawyer, but from my observations a "normal," two-party non-small-claims civil suit would normally take a couple months from calling the lawyer to filing the initial Statement of Claim. With a class-action suit, the time goes up quite a bit. First, the lawyer will need to talk to all the possible claimants and get their statements. Then, they will (probably) have to get that group of people certified by the court as a "class" able to conduct a "class action." Then they will have to apply for a court date.

In Alberta, there is a shortage of courtrooms and judges (even before the pandemic) so here, at least, one could expect to wait one to two years between filing the claim and going to trial. As far as I can tell the pandemic has just made that worse; obviously the physical courtroom space isn't a limitation for a zoom-type trial, but doing it remotely eats up even more "judge time" than doing it in-person did.

There's a lot of variables for how long the trial would last and I'm not in a position to estimate those, so I won't try.

This being a civil suit, the most you can recover is whatever you lost, unless you (collectively) can convince the judge (or jury, if this is done in a state where civil trials have juries (which I think is weird, but you do you, America :p ) ) that Anovos was not only in the wrong, but was so egregiously in the wrong they deserve to be punished over and above what making their customers whole will cost. Speaking very broadly, most judges tend not to aware punitive damages unless the wrongdoing is flagrantly excessive, whilst juries tend to react more on an emotional level so it will depend on which side they see as the "bad guys." You usually can not recover court costs and lawyers' fees, although this being a class action means those will be distributed across the whole class. (That is a detail that varies by jursidiction, though, so it might be possible.)

And, of course, you can't get blood from a stone - if Anovos really doesn't have the money to pay everyone back, then the most you'll get is your share of whatever they do have.

That assumes Anovos doesn't offer to settle, of course, in which case you will get the miniumum Anovos can offer to make a majority of the class cut their losses and go away.

All of which is a long-winded way of me saying "you probably need to wait a few weeks for the lawyers to get their ducks in a row and then they can give some estimates of best/worst/middle case results." :D
Disney is also a potential target though...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back