Anovos Class Action lawsuit

masterX244

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Disney as well as Lfl were targets as well and were absolved of any damages in the last lawsuit...
Complaint only used website references back then. Since that initial complaint we got more observations and information though.... (cough... galaxys edge cough...).

enterprise0216

Sr Member
For the record yes they are, "Complaints" but they are all legitimate one b/c customers still have NOT gotten what they paid for. Still waiting years for their purchase, or months depending when they decided to by the item/s. I guess people complaint should not be simply discarded. Money is not free if that was the case no one would care. Apollo is right though large corporate business with super deep pockets and high hitting lawyers will be excused away.

SazeracLA

Disney is also a potential target though...

This is the last I had read about Disney:

According to the Judge’s March 31, 2020 decision, the Court was not persuaded by Anovos’ various arguments justifying their estimated shipping dates. However, the Court did not find there was enough evidence confirming Disney LucasFilm’s knowledge and contribution to consumers’ harm. Therefore, Anovos and Disney LucasFilm’s motion was granted in part and denied in part: all of our claims against Anovos remain intact, but Disney LucasFilm has been dismissed from the action.

EDIT: Others beat me to it, I see ... but yes, wouldn't it be nice if companies like Disney were a little more careful about to whom they granted licenses to make products?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/501st/comments/gahavm

Castor Dioscuri

Did this kill Anovos?

I just recieved an email from "Denuo Novo," which claims to be taking over Anovos' unfulfilled orders. Apparently, it was formed by NECA and Rubies. Really unsure now, since last thing I want to get is a Rubies costume...

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
NECA has a history of delivering overpriced brittle products that break upon opening them from their packaging and a leader who bans/ trashes it's customers and refuses to give refunds.

I thought Rubies went bankrupt and folded altogether and ANOVOS still hasn't delivered on their orders, yet has a ton of new items being planned on their website as if the lawsuits are a bad fever dream and nothing more.

Somehow a coalition or rebranding of any of these companies is supposed to instill confidence that ANY of them can deliver or fulfill back orders for undelivered product? I sincerely doubt that. It sounds to me like another mess waiting to happen. Essentially 3 bad companies (Rubies less so) joining forces to further screw customers over? Oh yay, let me get my wallet!! :rolleyes:

Screw this. Buy from a quality fan maker or make it yourself. The only way these companies exist is because fans fund them, so hit them where it hurts and don't support them. Don't buy their products, no matter how slick and shiny they are. The RPF has a wealth of makers who offer far better customer service and a more wide range of products than any of these companies combined by miles. Plus the items the makers here offer are of a superior quality because they are made in limited numbers where they don't cut corners, where a licensed product often sacrifices accuracy to drop the price point and maximize profit.

Fans do it best. They always will. Support them and leave these other companies out in the cold they way they've left you for all these years. Stop buying their lies about what big fans they are, as if that ever gave them more credibility. Stop buying them based on their reputation with certain circles. If their track records were any indication they have no leg to stand on. Would you buy a car from these people if they made one? I doubt it. Just because these items are non essential doesn't give them the right to rob you of your hard earned cash.

Support the fan maker movement and don't buy into the lie that an item isn't valid unless it has that precious logo on it.

Last edited:

ggriffaw

Sr Member
My guess is the owners of Anovos negotiated the deal to include taking over the unfulfilled orders to get them off the hook for lawsuits.

PRESS RELEASE AUGUST '21
"They also plan on fulfilling many of the existing orders of Star Wars replica and high-end collectible products originally produced by Anovos Productions."

It sounds like Denuo Novo may not fill all of the existing orders.

According to an email Denuo Novo sent, we will be receiving direct emails listing our existing orders and estimated delivery dates.

This should dramatically increase the chance of us receiving something. Hopefully what we receive meets the expectations for what we paid.

encased

I received an email just now saying they are fulfilling the existing orders and someone would reach out to me shortly to confirm my details. I e-mailed them last night so a pretty quick response.

redrdr67

NECA has a history of delivering overpriced brittle products that break upon opening them from their packaging and a leader who bans/ trashes it's customers and refuses to give refunds.

I thought Rubies went bankrupt and folded altogether and ANOVOS still hasn't delivered on their orders, yet has a ton of new items being planned on their website as if the lawsuits are a bad fever dream and nothing more.

Somehow a coalition or rebranding of any of these companies is supposed to instill confidence that ANY of them can deliver or fulfill back orders for undelivered product? I sincerely doubt that. It sounds to me like another mess waiting to happen. Essentially 3 bad companies (Rubies less so) joining forces to further screw customers over? Oh yay, let me get my wallet!! :rolleyes:

Screw this. Buy from a quality fan maker or make it yourself. The only way these companies exist is because fans fund them, so hit them where it hurts and don't support them. Don't buy their products, no matter how slick and shiny they are. The RPF has a wealth of makers who offer far better customer service and a more wide range of products than any of these companies combined by miles. Plus the items the makers here offer are of a superior quality because they are made in limited numbers where they don't cut corners, where a licensed product often sacrifices accuracy to drop the price point and maximize profit.

Fans do it best. They always will. Support them and leave these other companies out in the cold they way they've left you for all these years. Stop buying their lies about what big fans they are, as if that ever gave them more credibility. Stop buying them based on their reputation with certain circles. If their track records were any indication they have no leg to stand on. Would you buy a car from these people if they made one? I doubt it. Just because these items are non essential doesn't give them the right to rob you of your hard earned cash.

Support the fan maker movement and don't buy into the lie that an item isn't valid unless it has that precious logo on it.
Why can't you just wait and see what happens before talking bad about this new company that at least states that it will fulfill orders. My opinion, you start bringing out pitchforks before an action is made.

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been in this game long enough to see patterns and when the companies involved don't have great track records it's easy to project the potential outcome.

I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

TazMan2000

Master Member
It could very well be that Anovos is taking steps to address this long overdue issue, but I'm wondering if this is just a ploy to buy them some more time or somehow implement a bait and switch tactic?

Will everyone receive an email asking you to agree to the terms of this new contract and the ability to get your long overdue item in a shorter time? Please sign below and we will ship out "something similar" to what you asked Anovos to provide. Of course it will be written in legalese so the final words may be disguised, or vague so interpretation is subjective.

NECA is pretty respected, and Rubies...let's just say they manufacture, have manpower and space. This new entity/merger that is started up can easily be dissolved with little lost. However, if managed well, they could bring more business and manufacturing to North America rather than China.

But it's hard not to be skeptical. Isn't the latin translation of Denuo Novo, mean "New again" or "Once more"?

TazMan2000

ggriffaw

Sr Member
Don't know if there is any hope for me. I paid Anovos $713.91 and they gave me nothing. Isn't that fraud?

Send an email to customerservice@denuonovo.com with your order number and ask when it will be delivered. Denuo Novo has been very good about responding to emails. Denuo Novo has already started to ship some items from Anovos back orders.

This assumes your item(s) are Star Wars. I have no idea what is going on with other licenses that Anovos had.

Don't know if there is any hope for me. I paid Anovos $713.91 and they gave me nothing. Isn't that fraud?

You probably aren't actually looking for a technical answer - in which case, just blur through this. But if you really want to know, the answer is "probably not."

For it to have been fraud, Anovos must have intended from the beginning to take your money and never give you anything. That's certainly possible, but it's hard to prove. If, instead, Anovos intended to provide you with a product and then through incompetence failed to do so, that's "non-performance of contract." In my opinion, the second scenario is both more likely and much more provable - with non-performance, you really only have to prove the acts. With fraud, you have to prove the intent.

In most jurisdictions, fraud is a crime and non-performance is a tort (meaning, a thing you can sue someone over). I'm 95% certain the class-action suit is based on non-performance of contract, not fraud.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer. I was a law librarian for 8 years, and it is that experience I have based this post on. This is not legal advice. Also, rules change from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and my experience is with Alberta civil law and Canadian criminal law. (Criminal law is Federal jurisdiction in Canada.) That said, the law of fraud really hasn't changed since the 1600s.

Solider

Send an email to customerservice@denuonovo.com with your order number and ask when it will be delivered. Denuo Novo has been very good about responding to emails. Denuo Novo has already started to ship some items from Anovos back orders.

This assumes your item(s) are Star Wars. I have no idea what is going on with other licenses that Anovos had.
they said they don't have the Marvel license for my jacket and that Anovos is responsible for not them. Anovos website takes you to their new website Denuo Novo. they have committed felonies and gotten away with it.

. They are a renamed Anovos. they got away with thousands of dollars from over 200 people.

ggriffaw

Sr Member
they said they don't have the Marvel license for my jacket and that Anovos is responsible for not them. Anovos website takes you to their new website Denuo Novo. they have committed felonies and gotten away with it.

. They are a renamed Anovos. they got away with thousands of dollars from over 200 people.

Are you involved in the lawsuit against Anovos? From what the lawyer has said, Anovos can't use the sale to Denuo Novo to get out of all responsibilities. I would certainly think that is the case for the non Star Wars items that Anovos sold.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.