Another Robocop Build

This weekend was one of the biggest Cosplay events during the year in Sweden.
Not at all as big as the summer events, and we just had Covid .. so..

Anyway, I had a friend film some of my Robocop and I had a bit of fun doing some sound effects on top of it.

I now have a list 2 pages long of things to tweak for it to fit me even better and who knows.. might even be more comfortable to wear (it is not).

Enjoy! =)

This weekend was one of the biggest Cosplay events during the year in Sweden.
Not at all as big as the summer events, and we just had Covid .. so..

Anyway, I had a friend film some of my Robocop and I had a bit of fun doing some sound effects on top of it.

I now have a list 2 pages long of things to tweak for it to fit me even better and who knows.. might even be more comfortable to wear (it is not).

Enjoy! =)

Looks like most folks see your filming and are being respectful of that but man I would lose my stuff if I saw Robocop walking around......
This is fantastic!

Great video and yes, this suit really rely on a very good under suit;) One of my friend made a black leotard covered in Velcro to attach pieces of his costume's armor onto his body. Worked very well...maybe that would be a solution:unsure:;)

Great video and yes, this suit really rely on a very good under suit;) One of my friend made a black leotard covered in Velcro to attach pieces of his costume's armor onto his body. Worked very well...maybe that would be a solution:unsure:;)
I have tried that on some pieces... I might need to have like a short sleeved jacket that is not as stretchy as a leotard with velcro for the biceps.
For the legs, it simply will not work as it is so tight that I'd get stuck before even getting my leg through.

I have an idea about a strap system around my calves though...

I will fill out the legs a bit so they don't move around and stay put, while also shortening the harness by a cm. I crossed the shoulder loops on the harness on my second walk and I could walk much better just by having the legs pulled slightly tighter.

I may need to shorten the leg with a centimeter as well (about half an inch for the Americans), that would really help.

Mostly, I realize I need to make the foam torso a bit narrower over the shoulder. It is also a bit uneven I've seen.
In the video above the velcro holding my left biceps in place had given away, so it is hanging on my glove at that point, which explains the huge gap..

At least it's fun to tweak and find out how to make it better and better =)

After my second proper outing there are a few things that needs to be tweaked:

I will most likely reduce the height of my legs as I mentioned, but I will also make a partial new torso.
The shoulder parts are sticking out a fraction too much, and they are uneven.

Fixing this should give me a little more give when it comes to moving the arms.
Also: plasti-dip is rubber, and nothing really rubs well against rubber, so I will paint the armpit openings with a non-sticky paint. Hopefully this should match up nicely.

It will still be made out of EVA foam though. Sealed with PVA glue and painted and clearcoated. That's the best I can do for now. Reshaping this part slightly will make it a bit easier to move the arms around.

Since the bit around my belly is something I am rather happy with, I will keep this part and simply remake the upper part. One of the benefits with building with EVA foam.

I'm patterning the new bit from the side that I think fits me the best and will make some small changes to the pattern before cutting out the new shoulders.
IMG_4184.jpeg

Also visible in the picture is the brand new neck seal made out of silicone that I purchased from Gerrard Gallagher at Robocop Props over on the book of many faces. It is very sturdy and stretchy and will last me a long time!

I also think it matches up really nice with the plasti-dip painted foam torso I made:

IMG_4178.jpeg

The cod piece is printed, apart from the very front bit (that I made a tiny mistake in when building) and I will replace both that and the bum cover with foam built ones to move better when I walk about.

I had to test the new neck seal with my helmet (which is also in the process of being replaced. I'm painting the new one this weekend)

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg
IMG_4183.jpeg

Lastly. I will also make a custom made glove for when I will bring the gun. I have some plans.. but it would sure be nice to be able to hold on to it.
I strongly think that the Auto-9 model I have is way too wide, as the handle is at least 4 cm across and feels extremely bulky in my hands.

Good update; you're really touching on many aspects/details of the costume and in particular the new mediums that could help you move better in it. That collar looks very good. I believe that the original costume had the under suit fitted with nylon shoulders for better movements of the arms.
Keep up the great work:cool::cool:(y)(y)

New helmet and old helmet.
New helmet still needs clear coating though.

Once that’s done, I’ll go buy myself another cheap hard hat and use the lining.
Hopefully the new helmet will go down far enough to cover my nose properly and also have room for my ears!
380E1AF6-8D86-4072-86ED-1AC22CA915DA.jpeg

6611ACAE-91FC-432D-99D5-51156860ECC6.jpeg

Next, I’ll either build the chin in foam for comfort or cast one in silicone. I’ve never done any moulding or casting, so would be fun to try…

New shoulder parts of torso are patterned. Unfortunately I ran out of 6mm EVA foam.
Got an order in for plenty of 5mm. I’ll rebuild the entire shoulder undersuit with this to allow a little more movement.

EDBF6699-2A7E-4AAC-BAE0-B25B4F73BA00.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
Awesome man! The new helmet is so much better and will really look the part. Great stuff as always...love the neckpiece. I also still strongly admire that foam midsection you scratch built it looks awesome.

Awesome man! The new helmet is so much better and will really look the part. Great stuff as always...love the neckpiece. I also still strongly admire that foam midsection you scratch built it looks awesome.
Thanks man =) Coming from you that says a lot.
I am actually rebuilding it... I'm not 100% happy with the arm sockets in it. The good thing about foam is I can just rebuild that part =)

I've also started building some other parts in foam using the 3d printed parts as templates, so it will be interesting to see how it will work out.. if at all.

I need to solve some things around the legs, we'll see what I'll come up with..

In the past couple of weeks I've been busy building the Swedish House Mafias liverigg for their upcoming show at Coachella and forthcoming world tour...

Feels good to have that done and I can go back to building props again ;)

I just went through all 5 pages of this to see your build from the beginning.

Awesome job, my friend!! You really nailed this costume overall! (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back