Another prop room ... [updates throughout thread].

Re: Another prop room ...

Simon where are you in long island I live in Li too I would love to see this collection in person :cool

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

Hey Pitbull, I'm in Selden. I don't think your very far at all. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to stop by.

[Edit to add ...]

I was home yesterday with nothing to do so I decided to upgrade my Tusken Raider figure. It was originally holding an undersized paper mache Gaderffi stick but I replaced it with a genuine Fiji Totokia. The totokia was far too heavy for the figure to hold on it's own and even if I could get it to hold in place there was no way I would have been able to keep the hooked end upright. So I used some fishing line to mainain it's position and it worked like a charm.

What do you guys think?

A39a.jpg

HPIM5713.jpg

Last edited:

Not a prop but I thought this was kind of neat and wanted to share ... Neca's Stay Puft Marshmellow Man toy.

It's very well sculpted and textured. Had this been a garage kit I'm sure there would be loads of kit builders out there who would pay good money for one ... lucky for us it's a toy, a very BIG toy! Almost as big as some of the busts in my collection ...

A46.jpg

A47.jpg

Your new Joker looks amazing!

Love the Stay-Puft model too!

Dr. Peter Venkman: He's a sailor, he's in New York– we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

:lol

brad

What an awesome collection! Just how big is this "just another prop room"?

Ha! Good question!

It's actually two small spare bedrooms that we have towards the rear of our house. We've never had any real practical use for them other than as extra storage. My original intention was to turn our basement into a game/prop room but I scrapped that idea since my step-daughter needed her own space.

All of the horror and Predator/Alien stuff is in one bedroom and all of the Star Wars stuff is in the other. The Star Wars room also doubles as my office when I need to work from home.

In time I do intend on knocking down the wall that seperates the two rooms. I know we'll lose property value dropping an extra bedroom like that but this place really is our 'dream' house and I can't picture my wife and I moving any time soon ...

The crystal skull was sculpted by a board member here a while ago. I can't remember his name now. LFL either gave him a c&d or he just failed to deliver the prop to a lot of people. LFL, I believe, put a c&d order on any other 1:1 crystal skull sculpts that occurred thereafter. It was quite sad. The sculpts were very good. Simmon was the only one to actually get one before the original sculpter decided to bail on the project. (lucky bas... I mean, best friend of mine :angel) I think after that people realized that it was a pretty cruddy movie and decided to just ignore it altogether. (like the prequels in star wars.. :lol)

Yes, Thomas pretty much gave you the full rundown on that project.

The prop maker pretty much bailed on the project and left a bunch of people high and dry. Thomas was one of the members in on it and there is atleast one other member who has commented on this thread who was taken as well.

The only reason I received mine was because I arranged for local pick-up myself. It cost me an arm and a leg to get it boxed and shipped to me because the guy lived outside of the U.S.

BTW, customs did a terrific job in scratching the piece up ... grrrr!

Thomas and Simmon, thanks for the info! I remember threads here and at Club Obi Wan from the first guy who was outside the U.S. who did a run of the skulls, and that he failed to deliver to most of the customers, leaving a lot of people very angry. From what I remember in his progress pics, they didn't look all that great, just ok. So you're saying yours is from that guy? It looks pretty darn good in your picture! Glad you got one and didn't get ripped off.

Secondly, there was the person on here (don't remember his screen name but he seemed to work in a professional studio) who posted pics of his clay sculpt, and it looked AMAZING. Then suddenly the entire thread disappeared and there was no more talk of that skull. A real shame. I take it he's the one that got the C&D?

Given the opportunity to get a crystal skull I'd consider it, but I agree the crappiness of the movie kind of lessens the demand. It just pisses me off that companies issue C&D's when they have no intention of selling themselves what they're stopping someone else from selling. Is it all about the license money? They'd rather there be NO skulls out there, than give up whatever money the license would be worth? Way to keep your fanbase happy, LFL. I read a story once about how badly they treated someone who wanted to license and sell Arks.

Last edited:

Wow is right! That is one sweet collection indeed. Amazingly professional pieces. Wish I had the room and the fundage to put together a display like that - here's hoping...

Si you need to do an update picture with your new elder pred. Was following your thread on the hunters lair and its seriously bad ass.

Simmon,

As many have said before me, thank you for sharing - what you have there is truly inspirational. It's great to see what I expect are many of your favourites from different films altogether in such a way that they compliment each other. Excellent choice in colours of display plinths and walls - subtle and unobstrusive - just as backgrounds should be!

:thumbsup

Simmon M, where where WHERE did you find that batman begins bust?? I think its the coolest of the lot

Since Simmon is busy at work - I'll take over and answer his questions hahaha (this is probably as close as I'll get to getting a quality collection like his)

While I don't remember exactly which seller Simmon picked up the Begins Demon bust from -I know that both Davidyr1 made one that can be seen here..
http://www.therpf.com/f9/batman-begins-demon-work-progress-8166/index4.html

and Bobby C made one - The version that Simmon has is Bobby C. It can be seen here in other angles from Simmons post in Yourprops.

Bobby C is a member here and his website is: www.bobbycsculptures.com

http://www.yourprops.com/Demon-Batman--Hallucination-scene---other-replicas-movie-props-Batman-Begins--2005--prop-12263.html

Simmon,

As many have said before me, thank you for sharing - what you have there is truly inspirational. It's great to see what I expect are many of your favourites from different films altogether in such a way that they compliment each other. Excellent choice in colours of display plinths and walls - subtle and unobstrusive - just as backgrounds should be!

:thumbsup

+1

You won't find a nicer guy than Simmon. Very willing to talk about the hobby of movie prop and lifesize collecting and always willing to lend advice and share his experiences and love for the hobby.

His collection was partly to blame for getting me into this mess, it was his Howard Studios Han Solo bust that got me into this hobby! :love

Take good care Simmon, and thanks for taking all the time to post pics of your collection!

brad

wow, that's quite a den of treasures there... all quality pieces and nicely displayed. I am particularly fond of your Universal horror monster collection. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back