Another HIC, This One a Little Different

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

I've been working on & off on this for the last couple of months & wanted something a little different than a static prop. I incorporated my center chanel speaker & A/V components to mimic the Volvo dash & greeblies. Looks pretty cool lit up in the dark with a movie playing!

The cast is a Kingjawa & I custom made the enclosure from cabinet grade birch ply for strength & rigidity. The ply is lighter than MDF but requires more work for a smooth finish. The cabinet is open on the bottom & back so there is plenty of air movement so the components won't get damaged from overheating. The center column that suspends the carbonite block also houses a Velodyne subwoofer.

Now I just have to get to work finishing the rest of the room!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Here is a pic of what it looks like walking in the room. The center column that supports the carbonite block is carpeted in black & hides in the shadows nicely, giving the illusion the block is floating. I still need to add some sound treatment to the room so I may try to incorporate some design elements from the carbon chamber. I wasn't really going to do a theme room but it looks like it is heading that way.

Sorry for the crappy cel phone pics, I'll try to get some better ones up.