Another guy with a bunch of 3d printers and a dream

SolidCreations

Hey!

So yeah, Power Armor, if you like the Fallout franchise you probably wondered what it is like to wear power armor.

Since i'm very impulsive and stupid, even though i'm still very new to costume and prop making, I decided to get started on my power armor because why not!

16326833_1386179084748032_705757485_o.jpg

What you see there, is one of the main shoulder pieces and the front chest part. If might be hard to get a sense of scale from that point of view, but the Power Armor in total will be a little over 2 meters tall. I will build a PVC exoskeleton to hold the armor in place, because obviously this is not the kind of thing that I could just strap to myself because I'm not "the mountain" from Game of Thrones.

The files were originally taken from the videogame, worked into 3d printable objects, cut into small pieces and printed at 10% infil, 0,3 layer height with a standart 0,4 nozzle. I'm trying to make it as light as possible, and for now it seems like it's not going to weight a lot so I think it will be fine.

If this build interests any of you guys, I can start putting some progress pictures here as I work on this.

The very colored piece is what it looks like after I glue things together and apply some filling putty to the gaps like a drunken ape. The shoulder piece is what it looks like after I dremel down the excess and apply some filler primer to start smoothing out the layers and the dremeled bits.

Let me know what you think! :)

Edit: I just got here and I already made a mistake, posted this on the prop section instead of the costume section, don't know how to move it halp! haha

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back