Question Another Fake RPF Site? (answered)

Also, just as a heads up, we are suggesting that members do not go to the fake site at all because there is always the possibility that the thief is using that site for other detrimental purposes (spreading trojan horses, rootkits, viruses, etc).

I did the same thing when I first found the site I did not know i signed up and looked around for a hour before I got a pm telling me that the site i was on is fake and not to come back..

Just to play it safe its probably a good idea to change your password if you havn't already, that is if its the same one you used on the fake site. :ninja

I signed up for the other site not knowing about the hack, and was warned by PM almost instantly that it was fake. The people who are still frequenting that forum to warn others are doing a fantastic service. :thumbsup

I signed up for the other site not knowing about the hack, and was warned by PM almost instantly that it was fake. The people who are still frequenting that forum to warn others are doing a fantastic service. :thumbsup

Very glad to have you here and our guys in the trenches are doing a GREAT job! When one considers this is going into the second month and that our members have been keeping up the fight without ceasing, it is really a testament to their devotion to this site and community.

Hey guys, just curiouse whats the correct url??
Movie Props, Costumes and Scale Models | the RPF
this is the site i use and am currently on

Well in case you are in doubt, i think dung beetle had posted a list of other blogs and community sites that all show and state that thereplicapropforum is the legit site, There is also a link to the legal document that states much the same as well in the next steps thread over in the off topic area.

Previously you can see where therpf user was banned on the previous site, as were almost ALL of the moderator accounts when the hacker decided to setup shop.

Finally the hacker that stole the original site, has now put up a fake FBI takedown notice that also attempts to run malicious code on your computer as well.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back