Another completed Boushh...oh no not another one LOL!

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by AlderaanGirl, May 24, 2006.

1. AlderaanGirl

AlderaanGirl Well-Known Member

I really don't know why I am posting this other than I am really happy I was recently accepted in the 501st. Two weeks today, to be exact. So, I guess all I am doing is introducing myself.

This is me, offically BH-0937 of the Florida Garrison ~ Tampa Bay Squad

LOL..please excuse my bad editing. I wanted a ROTJ background, but its not a good editing job at all. :lol

A special thanks goes out to Jamey (Fetthunter) for BBG board and all his advice.

[​IMG]

2. blufive

blufive Sr Member

Nice job.

:)

3. TK709

TK709 New Member

Very nice. Also, welcome to the 501st.

Charlie C TK/TS709

4. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Love it. :thumbsup :thumbsup

The Wook

5. seswa

seswa New Member

WOOT. looks great. (and of course congrats on becoming official.)

6. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow that looks AWESOME .. Great job, have fun wearing that costume proudly, it looks great.

7. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Lookin' snazzy.

8. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Looks great.

9. steveo

steveo Sr Member

Looks very nice. Any more pics?

10. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Looks great :thumbsup

11. MonCal

MonCal Well-Known Member

Sweet. I love the Boushh outfit. It has always been one of my absolute fav's :)

12. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Yeah. Can't see too many great Boushhes. . . Boushhi?
    Great costume.

13. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

T :thumbsup heres not enough boushh out there i think :D :thumbsup

14. Trooper TK409

Trooper TK409 Well-Known Member

I really like this character and you wear it very well - more pics, you look great. :)

15. AlderaanGirl

Thanks everyone for the kind compliments. I really appreciate it. And Sheila, its an honor for me to be 'finally' a 501ster :) Thank you.

I have a couple of pics I can post. No bad photoshopped background this time.

A negative thing about my Boushh is I am taller than Carrie :( And its very hot to wear, especially here in Florida :unsure Nevermind...Tatooine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(AlderaanGirl @ May 25 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]1250529[/snapback]</div>

you look very well proportioned in the pics (meaning very carrie esque) and your 501st pic is not bad.

you are being overly critical. you look great.

any shots of you in the suit with the helmet off?

i dont know why but i always thought carrie looked so hot when she first removed the helmet, instead of a disfigured scarred alien bounty hunter... well its carrie, lookin all... well... you know.

you know you are a true SW nerd when you think that leia in the boushh outfit is JUST as hot as her in the slave one... :love

sad... maybe. :p

17. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

Your height doesn't show...looks great. If you don't mind me saying...perhaps a little more bad-* Leia in the poses? ;)

:thumbsup

18. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

Great work. I have always liked that costume.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe

19. Luisiana Jones

Luisiana Jones Active Member

looks awesome

20. swampbug

swampbug New Member

Overall I think the costume is great.

thigns that would make it better.

Dirty it up a little.

And the Gray straps almost have a cheap look to them. Like they were duct tape or something. (from the pics)

I think they need more detail or more varienty of color and material (Belt vs. bullet things), it just isnt working.

21. AlderaanGirl

Thanks again everyone.

I'll admit I am very critical and hard on myself. But, I never feel that anything I do is 100% right. All I do is try my best and sometimes that is not enough :( I can only rely on my limited capabilities, as I do my own work :( Oh well...

I have to agree, I can probably dirty it up more (the jacket atleast) I'm pretty happy with what I have done with the pants. I suppose I should dirty the jacket up some more. I'm always afraid of overdoing the distressing.

OldKen: Here's a pic w/no helmet. I'm far from Carrie. So no hot looking pic here. Oh and the goofy look is I was trying to pose a sort of serious look LOL, it didn't work. And then there is my armor slipping a little back :lol :p

[​IMG]

Swampbug: As far as my bandolier, it was made from FettHunter, and it is top quality. I did however paint it. The straps are nylon webbing. Here is a better pic of my bandolier (and armor) Perhaps the outdoor lighting made it look cheap to you. I don't know. I did take the pics on my outdoor lanai.

[​IMG]

22. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(AlderaanGirl @ May 26 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]1251224[/snapback]</div>

Lori's costume looks great. She's been working on it a LONG time, and it's nice to see that it all paid off. :thumbsup

As the maker of the bandolier mentioned above, I thought I'd mention that my bandoliers are made using the same methods and materials that were used to make the original. I even use copies of the same model parts that were used as greeblies on the "box" pieces. Since the original Boushh was a "30 second costume" (referring to a costume only seen briefly during a movie), the original, while detailed, didn't receive as much "attention" from the prop department, as say, Vader. Also, the shots of the costume in the movie were relegated to poorly-lit (by design, mostly) spots within Jabba's Palace. This makes it hard for anyone to get a detailed look at most of the costume. Much of the available reference material has been accumulated at The Boushh Builders Group.

Needless to say, it's a great costume that, even though it wasn't seen for very long on the screen, was etched into the minds of costumers and fans everywhere.

Keep up the great work, Lori. :D

23. steveo

steveo Sr Member

Again, great looking costume. What type of boots/shoes did you use? And pics of just the shoes without the boot material?

24. AlderaanGirl

Thanks Jamey for the kind post :)

<div class='quotetop'>(steveo @ Jun 3 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1255475[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks again Steveo.

My boots. Best I can tell you about them is this, I had been looking on ebay (and in stores) for awhile trying to get a close enough base boot. I ended up finding this pair on ebay. They were listed as "vintage suede boots". They are ankle length suede boots, fleece lined and zipper in the middle. I have no idea as to when they were made. What I ended up doing was then buying natural color suede leather (also on ebay). From there, I used picture references of the boot and made the spats. I used my sewing machine, the suede and beige felt backing (along with velcro and elastic) to make them.
    Once I completed that, I bought "Nu-Life leather dye for both the spats and boots and dyed them (this way they would match)

The funny thing about the dye is, it looks different in different lighting. Flash, non-flash and outdoor pictures. The boots vary in shading. As you can see from the below pics.

Base suede vintage boots (with flash indoor pic)
    [​IMG]

Outdoor pic, taken as I was dying the boots (you can see the boot greeblies are covered with tape)

This is the same color and boot.. See how different it looks compared to the above picture?.
    [​IMG]