Another completed Boushh...oh no not another one LOL!

AlderaanGirl

Thanks again everyone.

I'll admit I am very critical and hard on myself. But, I never feel that anything I do is 100% right. All I do is try my best and sometimes that is not enough :( I can only rely on my limited capabilities, as I do my own work :( Oh well...

I have to agree, I can probably dirty it up more (the jacket atleast) I'm pretty happy with what I have done with the pants. I suppose I should dirty the jacket up some more. I'm always afraid of overdoing the distressing.

OldKen: Here's a pic w/no helmet. I'm far from Carrie. So no hot looking pic here. Oh and the goofy look is I was trying to pose a sort of serious look LOL, it didn't work. And then there is my armor slipping a little back :lol :p

Swampbug: As far as my bandolier, it was made from FettHunter, and it is top quality. I did however paint it. The straps are nylon webbing. Here is a better pic of my bandolier (and armor) Perhaps the outdoor lighting made it look cheap to you. I don't know. I did take the pics on my outdoor lanai.

Fetthunter

Sr Member
<div class='quotetop'>(AlderaanGirl @ May 26 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]1251224[/snapback]</div>
Swampbug: As far as my bandolier, it was made from FettHunter, and it is top quality. I did however paint it. The straps are nylon webbing. Here is a better pic of my bandolier (and armor) Perhaps the outdoor lighting made it look cheap to you. I don't know. I did take the pics on my outdoor lanai.

[/b]

Lori's costume looks great. She's been working on it a LONG time, and it's nice to see that it all paid off. :thumbsup

As the maker of the bandolier mentioned above, I thought I'd mention that my bandoliers are made using the same methods and materials that were used to make the original. I even use copies of the same model parts that were used as greeblies on the "box" pieces. Since the original Boushh was a "30 second costume" (referring to a costume only seen briefly during a movie), the original, while detailed, didn't receive as much "attention" from the prop department, as say, Vader. Also, the shots of the costume in the movie were relegated to poorly-lit (by design, mostly) spots within Jabba's Palace. This makes it hard for anyone to get a detailed look at most of the costume. Much of the available reference material has been accumulated at The Boushh Builders Group.

Needless to say, it's a great costume that, even though it wasn't seen for very long on the screen, was etched into the minds of costumers and fans everywhere.

Keep up the great work, Lori. :D

steveo

Sr Member
Again, great looking costume. What type of boots/shoes did you use? And pics of just the shoes without the boot material?

AlderaanGirl

Thanks Jamey for the kind post :)

<div class='quotetop'>(steveo @ Jun 3 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1255475[/snapback]</div>
Again, great looking costume. What type of boots/shoes did you use? And pics of just the shoes without the boot material?
[/b]
Thanks again Steveo.

My boots. Best I can tell you about them is this, I had been looking on ebay (and in stores) for awhile trying to get a close enough base boot. I ended up finding this pair on ebay. They were listed as "vintage suede boots". They are ankle length suede boots, fleece lined and zipper in the middle. I have no idea as to when they were made. What I ended up doing was then buying natural color suede leather (also on ebay). From there, I used picture references of the boot and made the spats. I used my sewing machine, the suede and beige felt backing (along with velcro and elastic) to make them.
Once I completed that, I bought "Nu-Life leather dye for both the spats and boots and dyed them (this way they would match)

The funny thing about the dye is, it looks different in different lighting. Flash, non-flash and outdoor pictures. The boots vary in shading. As you can see from the below pics.

Base suede vintage boots (with flash indoor pic)

Outdoor pic, taken as I was dying the boots (you can see the boot greeblies are covered with tape)

This is the same color and boot.. See how different it looks compared to the above picture?.