Anime Weapons

Man, I use to love anime guns so much but it seems that love faded as I sold off the collection. I still have one last Trigun .45 long colt to build and sell and then it's all gone. :cry

I'll post pics of some stuff after I get home.

Ryu

I started following 'Skyland' recently since it started airing in Nickelodeon.

I saw a gun I'd like to make in episode 4 of season 1, but can't find any good reference to it except for one pic I found online (see below).

Anyone else into this show, and have access to better pics of this gun?

For me, it's just 2: Cosmo Dragoon (Harlock & GE999 and the
Cosmo Nambu from Space Cruiser Yamato.

A few years ago I bought (thru someone on this board) a Korean garage kit of the Cosmo Dragoon. SidKits also made a version. 4 Years ago at the Tokyo Toy Fair, they showed photos that look like the above posted Cosmo Dragoon, but it translated into roughly $500!

Haven't seen a Cosmo Nambu, except for MicDavis mentioning a kit he had once.

Oh, and Harlock's or Emeraldas' blaster/ sword!

Necro thread ressurrection!

I saw a very Appleseed/Ghost In The Shell looking M-4 airsoft rifle at a gun show I go to alot

I just picked one of these up. Didn't get it from evike, but instead from rsov.com

It's called the "Thunder Maul."

http://www.rsov.com/product/105_142_143/16...e-AEG-6627.html

After shipping the cost was about the same, and I didn't have to put up with Evike's
"Oh, it was in stock when you ordered, now it's sold out." :)

Initial reactions:

It's pretty beefy in weight. The grips are all rubberized in some fashion. Don't know if
it's paint or what, but it feels pretty decent. The pistol grip is a little off (the finger grooves
seem to hit in the wrong places on my hand), and if you shoot lefty you're going to have
problems with the big 'ol thumb rest. But it's over all thickness makes it decent for gripping.

thundermaul1.jpg

Accuracy is par for the course for an airsoft gun with a barrel length common to an MP5.
Hits on a man size target out to about 100 feet or so no problem. I slapped an AR
scope on it that I had handy and you can really see the BB drop at target. If you use
the iron sights, they seem to fly strait, but through the scope it's another story.

Swapping the battery is a bit of a pain as you have to remove a screw in the foregrip
and pull the whole assembly off to get at the battery. No, there won't be any mid-
skirmish battery swapping under fire.

I picked up a used Socom suppressor from a MN airsoft site, and it makes a little bit
of difference. Perhaps it would be better from the business end, but from the shooting
end most of the noise is STILL from the mechbox. Adjusting the hop up is a pain, and
kind of hit or miss, but it's the same on any AR variant.

The 190 round VN style short magazine is... hit or miss. It will sometimes wind out
for no apparent reason, even with a mag half full of BBs.

The gun came with a mag winding tool (so you don't have to use the bottom thumb
wheel), 1100 mAh NiMH Mini-battery, 14mm negative thread muzzle adapter,
cleaning/unjamming rod, rear sling mount and China style charger
(not useable in the US without a wall plug adapter).

Evike makes it seem like you're getting a deal because they include
the sling mount. Actually, it's already included. :rolleyes: They do include some sort of
sling though, and supposedly an extra high cap mag. I figure mags are
pretty common, so I can source them in the US if need be.

thundermaul2.jpg

thundermaul3.jpg

The style is sweet and definately anime influenced, and a LOT cheaper than trying
to find one of the original Poseidon resin body kits that the gun was based on.
The whole gun cost about $170 shipped (or so, perhaps slightly less), and I
recently saw a Poseidon kit (no gun, just the body kit!) on eBay for $500.
You do the math. :)

Overall, a good value of you're looking for a different anime style gun for costuming
or close range skirmishing.

Also, if anyone is still looking for one of the Taito Cosmo Dragoons, I have a couple extras
I don't need.

Russ

Last edited:
Couldn't find any pics, but I want the barbarian leader's gun and the other dart gun one of the bat riders was shooting.

From Heavy Metal:
heavymetal18.jpg

Not a gun, but has anyone seen a replica of Guts arm from Berserk , or the broken sword?

I am working on a Behelit from the anime series (haven't had a chance to read the manga yet), but I am thinking of tackling the sword and hilt.

I knew I liked you for a reason :)

I actually had a friend on another forum create a set of CAD files for CNC to get a replica of Guts sword from Berserk made, I a some real money set aside but the deal fell through when the guy found out how big the sword was, his CNC machines couldn't handle it. Over the years I've contemplated making my own out of wood and Sheets of ABS on an Aluminum frame but have never got together the gumption to get started.

I have seen some bad convention versions of the arm, never a good quality one though.

If you keep your eyes peeled Art of War re-releases the Behelits pretty frequently I picked up a set of "sleeping" and "Awake" Behelits of E_bay for $15.00 a piece.

A local prototyper is currently CNC machining the Ergo Proxy pistol parts for me and i am modifying the 3D model of the Gantz X-gun so parts of it can be 3D printed (that project will hurt me in the wallet, ouch!)

One of my favorite anime guns, and in fact, one I'm building at the moment, is the Galaxy Police pistol from the Tenchi Muyo! series. It's a small, portable gun that folds in half: a sleek little weapon.

I'll try to get some in progress shots done this weekend... have to replace my digital camera. I made an interesting discovery.... drop a digital camera onto the hard kitchen floor and it no work no more!

A local prototyper is currently CNC machining the Ergo Proxy pistol parts for me and i am modifying the 3D model of the Gantz X-gun so parts of it can be 3D printed (that project will hurt me in the wallet, ouch!)
Really?
Those would be two great projects!:thumbsup
I can't wait to see the X-gun!:D

Some of my scratchbuilds:

Ghost in the Shell SAC C-26A

vymo11.jpg

25g44dd.jpg

GITS Batou FN Pistol

25gb210.jpg

Gantz X-Gun

2n078kk.jpg

160wh9t.jpg

Appleseed Deunan pistol, Bioroid pendant & data disk

vfb0q8.jpg

Kite blaster

2zns38m.jpg

Hoorah for outrageous anime weapons! I've always like Gundam Heavyarms Kai from Gundam Wing for the crazy amount of guns that thing had.

I've been making weapons for a while now and only recently joined this forum. =) I use basic techniques like foamcore and hotglue, but as you can see I'm really satisfied with the results. Masamune Shirow's gun works amaze me so you'll notice I've made a few of his designs.
*cough* Appleseed *cough*

Guns
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/38800/

Do you have any better pics of the Appleseed assault rifles
or the Gong?

Nice job on all of them too!

Some of my scratchbuilds:

Ghost in the Shell SAC C-26A

I was wondering if you were going to pop up with that. ;)
Great bit of scratchbuilding there!

Russ

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back