Animatronic Horus helmet- here we go again!

Update!
Cerney_Horus.jpg

That is coming along nicely Frank! Looks great.

Is the part where the actors head would be removable? And are you planning to make the ears animatronic as well?

That is coming along nicely Frank! Looks great.

Is the part where the actors head would be removable? And are you planning to make the ears animatronic as well?

The Ears move, the head Moves, and the Iris of the Eyes open and Close.
It is essential identical to the Hero Movie prop, with the exception that it has more mobility, and updated technology and the neck ring is stationary.
The hero prop neck ring was a custom "lazy susan". However, it probably only allowed the actor to move 1.5 inches either way. I did not think it was worth the expense to produce.

I love the production art. It is really gorgeous. Never really cared for SG1, Im a movie guy, and the directors cut is even better.

This is looking really awesome! Really love the movement! :)
May I ask, which Servos you use, and do you already know how the servos keep up under long time use?
I've had some issues with an animatronic I built some time ago. The servos would wear out if active for too long, however the ones I had were quite cheap, due to a very low budget.

This is looking really awesome! Really love the movement! :)
May I ask, which Servos you use, and do you already know how the servos keep up under long time use?
I've had some issues with an animatronic I built some time ago. The servos would wear out if active for too long, however the ones I had were quite cheap, due to a very low budget.
He's got a parts list on the Instructables page he put up, upthread.

Where can one buy the Anubis/Horus casts? Kookla use to make them, but has dropped off the planet ?
+1 Or even good 3D files so one could print the pieces. This and the rest of the costume I've wanted to do since first viewing of the film, but until recently thought was an unattainable pipe-dream.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back