Animatronic Horus helmet- here we go again!

Updates....
Faced.jpg
IMG_5704.JPG
Lobback.jpg

Unbelievable metal textures. Gorgeous.

Why Thank you.

I was not a fan of ALCLAD...til I figured out how to make it work.
The pictures dont do the finish justice. Looks better in person, and not patting myself on the back.
Its the PAINT...not me. it looks good DESPITE me. hahah

I have chosen NOT to try to copy the HERO mask I had access too. It was REALLY distressed to the point of "sloppy" and I wanted a cleaner more sophisticated look. (Chrome section)

Mark Dugalley, an artist friend of mine showed me how to paint the patina to match the hero.

He helped me repaint the HERO mask...when I molded a section of it and accidentally pulled ALL THE PAINT off, down to the chrome.

Yeah that was a fun day, cost me a pair of shorts. If you saw the mask today, you would have no idea which sections is not original. THAT is how Good Mark is. TRUE artist.

Congratulations !! What a great paint job..!

Could you please give some paint indicationor the main steps you have followed? specially for the copper like part(I have a wip project requiring a similar finish)?

Congratulations !! What a great paint job..!

Could you please give some paint indicationor the main steps you have followed? specially for the copper like part(I have a wip project requiring a similar finish)?

Happy to.
The Mask was base coats Copper, then "misted" with Gold.
There is a Dark Gray wash, then the patina over that.

The Key is to use DARK GRAY, no black. Paint it on....then DAB it off to your liking. Let it dry.
Repeat with the Patinas. There are TWO patinas. The first Darker than the other.

Pretty much it.

Last edited:
The Servos. Real ones did that too. Can you imagine wearing it???

I was actually thinking that. Your build is so spot on, that I considered the REAL on screen ones did that to, and they just edited it out.

Any kind of dampening material possible ? Servos need to move, but even around some portion ? The sound waves are broadcast in all directions.....some sound proof material should be possible to improve it at least a bit....

If I was gonna wear it...it would be more of an issue. Ill probably put some sound proofing foam behind it, but not really concerned.

My friend who did the electronics, actually has another method, that utilizes a different system for movement. Gonna try that on ANUBIS.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back