Animated TIE Fighter Short

It's his Homage to the Robotech style of animation, and the Tie Fighter Games. So as stated the music is appropriate. As for tactics, an Interdiction Cruiser will ruin a day quickly.

I LOVED all the visual aspect of this short absolutely.

It was just a shame that it was presented with a bad choice of music instead of something more cinematic that would really bring in the Star Wars feel to the whole thing. I did not like the extensive use of that rocker music stuff for this at all. And how about a few voiceovers at least?

It's his Homage to the Robotech style of animation, and the Tie Fighter Games. So as stated the music is appropriate. As for tactics, an Interdiction Cruiser will ruin a day quickly.

I thought that it looked more Gundam-esque than Macross, Southern Cross, or Mospeada, the Imperial Star Destroyer captain or admiral is almost a dead ringer for Char Aznable from the original Gundam series.

I thought that it looked more Gundam-esque than Macross, Southern Cross, or Mospeada, the Imperial Star Destroyer captain or admiral is almost a dead ringer for Char Aznable from the original Gundam series.
Agreed, it is not a dead ringer for Tatsunoko, but is in the ballpark of other studios'.

Re: Tie Fighter Interdictor (Fan Film)

I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

I'm going to go to sleep and weep now :facepalm

On another note, I downloaded the poster from deviantart and it makes a kickass 28x32 print.

the music is homage to Anime stlye from the 80's, robotech/mospeda, akira, even 80s cartoons like silverhawks, thundercats, etc. So, this music makes perfect sense, along with the style of animation, colors, characters, pace, etc.

The short rocks so hard. Love seeing the Immobilizer cruiser along with the use of the Tie Bombers that was only used once in the sequels. Also like the use of Probe Droid in space. Cause sometimes some people get the misconception certain ships/droids are only used once in a certain places. When I was a child and when I saw a At-At /ST walker on planet Endor in ROTJ. Blew my mind thinking they were only used on planet Hoth. Love the cockpit shots and Tie Fighter helmet switch from helmet to the pilot's head, that was super cool.
I fuk$*****@ love it ALL, Give me more!!!!

Hire this guy, give him a team with a modest budget and not to take too many chances on a network, Disney should release the series on VOD sites, Netflix, Amazon, etc.
Hurry up, do it now!!! enough with this Mickey Mouse garbage.

And this short is 100times better than all the sequels put together.

By the way, was that Luke Skywalker who was killed in the X-Wing along with R2? lol!

Well, I don't think it is that great......

I just like it because the animation looks pretty good. Personally, I hate all that anime, magma, whatever stuff. Never been able to get into ANY of it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back