ANH Vader Stunt Lightsaber

No, and we know because it doesn't have the lower holes the Luke stunt does for the wires and switch.

No, and we know because it doesn't have the lower holes the Luke stunt does for the wires and switch.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, the 2 holes 1 for the switch and 1 for the wires. I couldn’t see them, that’s why was so confused..

Wonder why they made more pipe sabers.. you book shows at least 2 made right? And 1 motorized stunt..

We are not calling the motorized stunt a pipe saber right?

Pipes and pipes and motorized stunts are motorized stunts

(3 motored stunts in ANH)

Pipe sabers?

Not sure how many pipe stunts were made/used. The black paint near the tip makes me think it was just this one.

As for when it was used-- we need to really think about how the duels are shot. We scrutinize every shot where we can make out the lightsabers themselves, but a lot of the duels involve medium shots where you just see the blades.

Just because we go from a wide shot where we see the full sabers into a medium shot where just the blade is showing doesn't mean they were shot consecutively. You shoot wide, then you shoot in.

We've heard many tales about Batman movies where whichever actor is playing pats isn't wearing a mask and boxer shorts because it's a close up. Same idea. If those stunt sabers are beasts and the camera isn't on them-- they'd totally go for a padded simple pipe that's not going to shred their hands.

Example shots below...
pinksaber6.jpg
tumblr_m46mexdlMQ1rprxkro1_1280.png

Gotcha, we have no other screen caps of the barbican in ANH form?

Looks like it has a clamp with bubbles in ANH.. we can see the holes for the button and wires, just curious if it has long or short grips...

Aaahhhh!!!! I get it now!! So.. the emitter is square in ANH.. some time later on they finished the shroud to make it more like a MPP

Then took resin castings off it for Vader’s hand scene in RoTJ
(Photo stolen from Seth’s book)
IMG_8021.jpg

THEN after that they modified the saber for touring!

Thank god... I’m going crosseyes over stunts.. I am dyslexic, I can read this stuff all day. Doesn’t make sense until I see pictures, once I read Brandon’s comments above and then saw the resin cast in RoTJ.. it all clicked

Sorry for the confusion

Looks like the shroud on this stunt is one piece... which now makes it impossible for me to machine...

At first I thought it was two pieces but now looking at where the tube of the shroud meets the flat on the hand guard there’s no seam line...

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but let's see if kramstar is okay with it being in the guide first.

I think the tube on the Vader Stunt is one piece with a separate should collar onto it. Held to the tube with that set screw on the flat face. It's a very simple but beautiful saber. The 4 Allen bolts, though probably post ANH, make it cooler in my opinion. You can also see the core has two sections that split behind the empty screw holes up top

Last edited:
OK I'm confused. Pipe stunt? That's the one Kramstaar photographed in the Lucasfilm Archives, right? But it has black tape around the emitter, not paint. The one with black paint was the motorised Luke ANH doubling as Vader's non-spinning with round blade.

Fat stunt grips in the first picture? Is that in reference to the motorised Luke ANH (which I thought had normal grips) or the pipe stunt (which has no grips!)?

Tom, are you confusing Sofaking with Kramstaar?

This thread is making my head hurt! :D

Kurty-- the pipe stunt has tape around the clamp, but a but of black paint around the tip.

Fat grips-- after seeing a pic of the pipe stunt with wide grips that isn't public I realized modt of the dueling stunt sabers from ESB have wide grips. They are in pocs we've looked at for years, I can't unsee them now.

Check out the beta of the latest guidebook I put together in the top thread for pics.

I might be confusing them haha

I think they made another stunt for ESB/ROTJ work that looks like the ANH motorized one but just with bolts

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back