ANH stormtrooper armor

bradksob

I just got this stormtrooper armor. I was wondering if anyone is able to see if they know who may have produced this armor based off of these photos. The armor it self seems to be really old and the armor isn’t in the best shape. Some parts have lots of yellowing. Helmet is pretty deformed like in a new hope. All parts seem to be pretty well made and seems to be designed only for people that are 5’8”-6’ at most. If you need any other shots to help clarify who the maker is then let me know!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't know much about Stormtrooper armor, but when I scrolled down to the picture of the helmet it looked like an AP or a GF - which is basically about the same, just from two makers - GF first, then AP later.

The armor even has the reverse engineered ANH from RotJ armor look - many of the RotJ traits are still visible.

Okay cool. do you have any idea on what company could have created this armor? Or do you think that someone made these molds off of a stormtrooper armor they already had.

No company made it. As TMG said, it looks like an AP armour/helmet (which is an individual, not a company). It has some faaaar ties to the originals, but with huge work and reshaping made. I would say it's obsolete nowadays, and dates back to when the FX armours were the most common armour.

The helmet is huge. The armor is damaged. The white is yellowing. It’s a serious “fixer upper”. But for what you paid, it‘s worth it.

I'd say you definitely got a really nice bargain. Definitely AP armour and a great example of a set. Nice score. I wouldn't even worry about fixing anything. It adds character. Even brand new the original ANH armour was absolutely craptacular and that's what gave it it's looks. You wouldn't even usually get a helmet for $130. Oh and the helmet isn't huge its the perspective of the picture.

Ben

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back