ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Two Greeblies FOUND, Update in 1st Post

...maybe the wheels were the "Mystery Disk!":lol

Very interesting. It certainly seems as though he's talking about me.. I wish I knew his circumstances earlier or else I would have avoided linking to his site or even held off posting anything until he was better prepared.

It may be possible that it's someone else, that RC forum seems to be a pretty big community, but I'm not too sure..
I had assumed it was you Carson. Guess not. Maybe someone else spotted your discussion in the model airplane forum? I just noticed it today while searching for more info on the kit.

I agree that Malcolm should definitely raise the price of these though, they're way too cheap! ..How often do we even get to say that in this hobby? :lol

I would be more than willing to pay a higher cost, especially for parts from an original mold.

-Carson

Yeah, I got my refund as well, just noticed now.
Mr. Reade must have been puzzled this morning.:lol

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies FOUND, Update in 1st Post

Chris - please tell him we can wait and we are willing to pay proper international shipping and even a higher price for the parts themselves. He definitely should not be producing these at a loss.

This is just such a stunning find, I have to have them. :)

I responded to his AOL address saying I hope these become available in the near future and that I hope his leg gets better. Poor guy, you know a part of him probably felt a little disappointed that he couldn't satisfy all the orders. He seems like he genuinely would have wanted to get through all those orders. Scratching his head as to the awkward timing of all of this.

I am speechless!!!

You should tell Norman about this new discovery, so that he can include it in the article he posted over at tested.com :thumbsup

Markus

Good thought! I will shoot him a message and let him know in case he's interested. It was incredibly nice of Norman to include some RPF members in his story!

I'm not sure if Norman posted the link anywhere else here on the RPF or not, but in case he didn't here's the link for anyone interested: Norman's Story

-Carson

Good thought! I will shoot him a message and let him know in case he's interested. It was incredibly nice of Norman to include some RPF members in his story!

I'm not sure if Norman posted the link anywhere else here on the RPF or not, but in case he didn't here's the link for anyone interested: Norman's Story

-Carson

I just wonder if Norman posting this info will create even more demand for these parts at this time. I wouldn't want to put more pressure on Mr. Reade until he's ready for orders from his website.

Great discovery. I hope these become available again, I just want one for a comlink.

I just wonder if Norman posting this info will create even more demand for these parts at this time. I wouldn't want to put more pressure on Mr. Reade until he's ready for orders from his website.

No worries, I let Norman know about the discovery in case he's interested for himself but I also mentioned that it would be best if it was left out of his story at the moment due to the circumstances with Malcolm. :thumbsup

-Carson

This is a real treasure-hunt style find, awesome. Wishing Mr. Reade a quick recovery.

No worries, I let Norman know about the discovery in case he's interested for himself but I also mentioned that it would be best if it was left out of his story at the moment due to the circumstances with Malcolm. :thumbsup

-Carson

Thanks, sorry for not giving it a 2nd thought.

And you should really offer this guy that we´d pay a higher price per kit!
Make it worth his time :)

Markus

I can't wait to see what the new price will be. :lol

Historic

I'm confused. So you can't buy the airplane kit anymore, but some guy still makes spare parts from the original molds?

This is awesome.

Congratulations on the discovery. I know how that feels. I discovered some parts a few years back.

I too hope he can find a way to handle the demand.

Too bad his father passed away.. mainly just because but also because it would have been cool for his dad to see the boost in orders for these parts. This will be a wave across the world, in the hobby.

I know I would like to order several of those parts along with the few parts for my landspeeder build.

It's weird timing for me especially, since I just posted pics in my landspeeder build thread, hunting for some of these exact parts:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/mc-landspeeder-build-167303/index3.html

speeder_greeblie_hunt09a.jpg

speeder_greeblie_hunt10a.jpg

speeder_greeblie_hunt11a.jpg

speeder_greeblie_hunt12a.jpg

Last edited:

I was just looking at the ESB stunt photos courtesy of Brandon Alinger that Norman posted along with his story, and is this what I think it is?

I wonder if that cut/mark is on all of the castings, that could mean that the mystery disk was indeed slightly milled into the frame of the ANH Hero. But apparently it's only cut through the sloped transition of metal there on the Mauser rather than the full disk, which I think Chris may have suggested way back in this thread. If that's actually the case, I wonder why they would go to the trouble of doing that when they could have just moved the disk down a few millimeters?

Does anyone happen to have a really clear left-side photo of the ESB/ROTJ stunt that shows this mark better?

rsO9KD5P.png

-Carson

Last edited:

Hi All,

Great thread. I have an idea. I see no evidence of the T-rack so far, or a second antenna. I looked at an earlier post and thought the centerline used was off when setting up the two antenna theory. Do you think it's possible they glued one antenna onto the barrel and used it as a sight?

...that is a very interesting observation Carson.

That does look like a cut and seems to be in the same spot as the mystery disk.

gotta take a closer look

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back