ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Seem logical.

Look at the vid in slow motion and tell me what you think.

When Ford enters, he aims and maybe fires, can't tell because of the pyro hand sparks. They cut to Ford holding a blaster. He does not fire. The prop guy take it from his hand and replaces it with another.

The interesting thing is that the first blaster has the slide locked back... as if out of shells.

Then he fires the second blaster once. Ejects a shell and he drops it to be replaced by the string stunt. ( which isn't shown in this particular version.)

The first blaster can't be a stunt since it has the slide locked back.

The second is either a blank or cap fire MGC or real Mauser or the first is an MGC or the real Mauser HERO Bespin?

Either way there were at least 2 "dinner with Vader" blaster versions with working actions.

What do you think.?

Last edited:
I don’t know what to make of that. The vid quality doesn’t have enough definition to conclusively identify which blaster is which, although one must be the Mauser and one must be something else like an MGC. Good catch kpax !

I don’t know what to make of that. The vid quality doesn’t have enough definition to conclusively identify which blaster is which, although one must be the Mauser and one must be something else like an MGC. Good catch kpax !
I would "think" maybe they wouldn't want him to drop the beauty HERO... although I am sure the one he does drop is on a cushion no doubt.

Well now you have another version to add to your great compilation list! ; )

I slightly think this should be moved to an ESB DL-44 thread.

I believe there were two live fire mausers being used in ESB. Identified by the scopes, one is a full port.

Edit: added image

Attachments

• 6AF55AE8-8BB5-463B-96C3-4DB24076AC23.jpeg
    6AF55AE8-8BB5-463B-96C3-4DB24076AC23.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 59
I can’t add it to the list until I figure out what it is lol.
It may be the MGC used in Norway, or another Mauser?
This is exactly the type of discussion that I wish would go on in the other thread to give it some life, but well, here we are.

I can’t add it to the list until I figure out what it is lol.
It may be the MGC used in Norway, or another Mauser?
This is exactly the type of discussion that I wish would go on in the other thread to give it some life, but well, here we are.
Can you copy and paste to your thread?

Can you copy and paste to your thread?
It’s something the moderator should do if that is the right decision.
This discussion should IMO be moved to one of the other threads, be it the list thread or the ESB dl44 thread is not up to me.

This thread has been a lot of things. I don't think its a problem to leave what we have so far here and copy the last relevant posts to your thread and link it from here.

Yea, I'm sorry, I was just commenting that the ESB blasters have the same threaded mount that the ANH blaster does. I didn't expect this, I thought it would spur discussion of mounting a thread on the side of a live gun

Yea, I'm sorry, I was just commenting that the ESB blasters have the same threaded mount that the ANH blaster does. I didn't expect this, I thought it would spur discussion of mounting a thread on the side of a live gun
Hey, no worries. You spawned an interesting conversation, it just may need to be moved around a bit.

After ANH I don’t think they used blank fire or real/deactivated Mausers again.
I think they were all MGC or cast.
Im no gun expert and don’t pretend to be but because of this hobby I’ve become pretty familiar with the details of both an c96 & MGC. The tell is always the trigger and hammer am I right? That and any “bluing” that might appear which (unless I’m mistaken) is only on a real live fire. I’ve never seen an MGC that’s correctly blued. Make of this as u may but in each photo I think there is evidence that’s point towards live fires (deactivated obviously) being used…

CBCEDE55-43EC-4412-985C-78C55008DA4D.jpeg
084832D5-75D8-41B3-BDD7-F8755F47AA16.jpeg
B96B8A44-51AC-4E42-9091-80691A321248.jpeg
57BB342E-E3A8-4F82-AC06-11ED6CD789BA.jpeg
B7494122-D451-4B6E-9AC9-18C65BE472E2.jpeg

Im no gun expert and don’t pretend to be but because of this hobby I’ve become pretty familiar with the details of both an c96 & MGC. The tell is always the trigger and hammer am I right? That and any “bluing” that might appear which (unless I’m mistaken) is only on a real live fire. I’ve never seen an MGC that’s correctly blued. Make of this as u may but in each photo I think there is evidence that’s point towards live fires (deactivated obviously) being used… View attachment 1536906View attachment 1536907View attachment 1536908View attachment 1536909View attachment 1536910
chubsANDdoggers we’ve moved over here.

In other news, I decided to go back and spend a little more time getting this Field Marshall scope mount ground into shape!

20220122_225937.jpg20220122_230311.jpg20220122_230044.jpg20220122_230006.jpg20220122_230027.jpg20220122_230054.jpg

Getting all the casting textures out was a major pain, especially while keeping everything crisp. I tried to replicate the Hero's uneven features, like how the left upright is narrower than the one on the right. I even modified the way the uprights blend into the cradle; which I think is a bit more aesthetically pleasing! I'm currently attacking the top caps to replicate their damage as best I can; as well as match some of the milling marks on the cradle (the cradle's inside also got smoothed out so the scope doesn't get scratched up!).

Thanks man! I'm no pro, so I doubt I'll get it as good as it really could be. Though I'm studying pictures of DEC's steel mounts (I'd kill to get one of those!) and aiming for a similar level of crispness by the time I'm done.
Don’t sell yourself short, you’re going after a level of accuracy that warms my heart, and too few even attempt. I don’t mean to disparage anyone else, I just really dig the little details getting some love from time to time. Keep it up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back