ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

The way I see it... some gun collector had the same chance as me to get it... they just didn't. So why should they care?

In my case they don't need to weep. The serial numbers on the upper and lower receivers don't match, and a gunsmith had worked on the gun and engraved his name into it, making it worthless to collectors, but perfect for my purposes!

So that's four of us!

Congrats.

I noticed you didn't use some of the kit parts. How long ago did you finish yours? Do you plan to revisit some of the details with the now more accurate parts?

Can you post a larger image of the main pic with your scope? It doesn't enlarge on the article.

Very cool, Bob! Thanks for posting that link. Have you got any detailed images from during the build? I'm curious to see how your TIG welded scope mounting points came out. Mine were a PITA, but they are very strong. Interesting information about the recoil booster. I haven't had a chance to take mine to the range yet so I don't know how mine will cycle.

Scott, have you had a chance to fire yours with the new ammo and springs?

I finally weathered my grips and bull barrel so here's how it looks now:
Stay on Target-11.jpgStay on Target-9.jpg
I'm pretty much finished I think, although for the sake of accuracy and obsessiveness I'm building a plastic grill in three parts from the DEC cylinder cover replicas. And I realize I have to do something about the sight greeblie. Frankly, I wish they'd never added it, but if I want to make any claims to accuracy I have to acknowledge it.

Last edited:
Very cool, Bob! Thanks for posting that link. Have you got any detailed images from during the build? I'm curious to see how your TIG welded scope mounting points came out. Mine were a PITA, but they are very strong. Interesting information about the recoil booster. I haven't had a chance to take mine to the range yet so I don't know how mine will cycle.

Scott, have you had a chance to fire yours with the new ammo and springs?

I finally weathered my grips and bull barrel so here's how it looks now:
View attachment 291908View attachment 291909
I'm pretty much finished I think, although for the sake of accuracy and obsessiveness I'm building a plastic grill in three parts from the DEC cylinder cover replicas. And I realize I have to do something about the sight greeblie. Frankly, I wish they'd never added it, but if I want to make any claims to accuracy I have to acknowledge it.

Looking awesome!

The sight greeblie adds something, and if you center it... rather than prop accurate crooked (to me), then you can USE it to sight at the range. It works perfectly on mine.

I haven't been back. I've got all new springs installed, except the firing pin spring... I wasn't sure how to "fit" it so was debating it...

BUT I picked up a Red 9, and have new springs and a bolt stop coming for it. I will wait to take the pair to the range together. Make the most of the range fee.

Thank you guys for all those great blaster builds, most impressive !
I'd love to get a firing one but unfortunately, in my country, even an airsoft is illegal. Unfortunately, they don't make waterpistol Mausers... :lol
So I have to stick with my MR Elite for now (upgrades with real Mauser parts and a scope and flash hider from DEC).

I have a small question though for the REAL Mauser owners. How big are the serial numbers : 3mm or 4mm ?
The reason I'm asking is because I want to stamp them on MR Elite and don't know how big they should be...

Wow, lots of nice interesting stuff to read in this thread :cool
Hopefully I can achieve a proper conversion will all that intel later!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back