ANH asymetric Stunt Stormtrooper Helmet WIP COMPLETE Pics Page 4 #84

Re: ANH asymetric Stunt Stormtrooper Helmet Pepakura WIP *UPDATE*

I used white primer and and wet sanded that with 400 then 600 after i hit that with a clear coat and then sanded that starting with 600 and worked my way to a 1000 grit then polished and buffed mine. I wanted mine to be as smooth as glass. it all depends on how smooth you want yours to look I personally would hit it with at least a 400 grit wet sand.

I think i want to go with the rough screen used look (better: my 8 year old son want ...) so it dont have to be too shiny, but and i'm not shure if i going to imitate that paintchip like the "dave m helmet" or the "move along"

Applied first coat of white glossy spraypaint, look same greyish like the primer on the pics earlier.

Seems that i have to do a few more coats to get it really glossy...

Reworked the ear on the right with "FIMO air light" clay.

it is only 24 gr. the other two of normal airdry clay are around 60 gr.

That one i the middle got primer on it, now i wait until the FIMO gets hard enough to sand a little bit (and yes, i hate sanding... :love )

anh-asymetric-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet-pepakura-wip-img_2953.jpg-122234d1351268094

got my order from sealsdirect.co.uk:

U-shape and S-shape rubber-trim

anh-asymetric-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet-pepakura-wip-img_2959.jpg-124203d1351854435

also got the "ears" ready to coat and paint, was easy to sand that fimo air light into shape.

First testshoots of the browtrim:

anh-asymetric-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet-pepakura-wip-img_4661.jpg-124204d1351854435

anh-asymetric-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet-pepakura-wip-img_4662.jpg-124205d1351854435

anh-asymetric-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet-pepakura-wip-img_4667.jpg-124206d1351854435

now it is time to get the paintjob ready, but it is too cold outside to spraypaint.

also i've got to build the mic tips

QUESTION:

Does somebody know the measurement of the ears-screws?

I think it could be M3 or M4 brass screws.

Paintjob nearly done, missing some pinstripes, screws and the mic-tips.

anh-asymetric-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet-pepakura-wip-img_4678.jpg-126709d1352836507

Last edited:
Re: ANH asymetric Stunt Stormtrooper Helmet 99% Done

Completed the paintjob

Only the Hovi-Mix Mic Tips are missing, and some white paint at the brass screws

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-1.jpg-127122d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-2.jpg-127123d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-3.jpg-127124d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-4.jpg-127125d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-5.jpg-127126d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-6.jpg-127127d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-7.jpg-127128d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-8.jpg-127129d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-9.jpg-127130d1353017623

stormtrooper-helmet-anh-10.jpg-127131d1353017623

Wow,very nice end result...what material did you use for visor? :confused

Just spent 30 minutes reading through your build, great read, better build. Now im going sleep though.
What's the 1% to finish?

You Rocked it. Really nice.

The ear covers could use to be a little beefier or maybe the circle needs to be slightly larger.

Thank you so much for sharing all the detailed pictures.

The hardest part seems to be how you make the paper template. I see those and they look like magic.

Just spent 30 minutes reading through your build, great read, better build. Now im going sleep though.
What's the 1% to finish?

The HOVI MIX-Tips and some white paint on the srews,

.... and the yellow foam inside...

Must look after a cheap pillow from IKEA

i think of starting a bobba fett build, i've seen a great build here by someone called rosskow... :D

i think of starting a bobba fett build, i've seen a great build here by someone called rosskow... :D

Definitely check out Boba Fett Costume Resource and look for the Boba Fett helmet and jetpack templates. The helmet template is by Alan Sinclair "wizard of flight" and I think he did the jetpack template too, but I'm not sure. This is what inspired me to do a stormtrooper template.

If you can't find the templates, just send me a private message and I can email the PDF files to you.

Here is a photo of my son in a scaled-down version created from the templates - made with foamcore, newsboard, and sculpey; lightweight and sturdy. He's had his photo in the newspaper twice in this costume, once on the cover page. The gauntlets and armor were scratch-made but there are pepakura models available of them now.

The HOVI MIX-Tips and some white paint on the srews,

.... and the yellow foam inside...

Must look after a cheap pillow from IKEA

Thank you, that is very kind of you to say.
I really to get back to my build, too little time though.
Once again great build.

The hardest part seems to be how you make the paper template. I see those and they look like magic.

The printed templates are from SpaceCowboys famous Pepakura-File, do you mean the paperwork?

I have to thank SpaceCowboy again very much for his work on the pepakura files, without them this project would still be impossible to do.

i agree with you Toxx..! Space Cowboy really did a great contribution..with out his Pepakura templates,it would be very hard to build this...I'm still on stage of building the paper template..on my day 5..i spent 4 hrs / day for this project.its not that easy building the paper,it has no Glue tab,just like what Terra 1 said,have to figure it out where to bind it... :confused

That sir is a solid build. Looks really good! Any plans for adding structure (padding) on the inside?

i agree with you Toxx..! Space Cowboy really did a great contribution..with out his Pepakura templates,it would be very hard to build this...I'm still on stage of building the paper template..on my day 5..i spent 4 hrs / day for this project.its not that easy building the paper,it has no Glue tab,just like what Terra 1 said,have to figure it out where to bind it... :confused

I've used the .pdo version which has printed out the glue tabs...

I think I spent overall approx. 9 till 12 hours on the paperwork (3-4 h on 3 Days), keep in mind that I don't use cardboard but thick printer paper (100gramms/square meter)

That sir is a solid build. Looks really good! Any plans for adding structure (padding) on the inside?

You mean the screen accurate yellow foam inside?

This is the next thing left with the Hovi-mix

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back