Andor - Aldhani Rebel Cell Old Navigation Tool identified - Spoiler Alert

There's a metal catch on the side. You press it and it collapses.
1672973991906.png

So far no luck for the side pipe thing. I thought I was on to something with these types of scopes, but I have not found a matching one. Several very close.

I just got my SX-70 and I’ve been searching for the “sextant” hoping it was some sort of specialty hinge, but alas now I know it was custom built . I think I’ll keep looking at hinges and see if I can pull together something similar. Maybe my navigational tool will end up being a different “model iteration”

I also just received my SX-70 with the Sonar attachment. I look forward to joining everyone on this journey. I absolutely love this prop.

IMG_9033.jpeg

IMG_9034.jpeg

The K&E N5702 hand level is a bit larger than what was used in the original prop, but after getting my hands on it and looking at stills again, I think this is generally the type of “scope” used in the original prop. It would also fit well into their tendency towards vintage piece use. If so, I think finding the exact scope is going to be exceedingly difficult, as these scopes aren't huge collectors items and were kind of niche in their original use. My vintage hand level is 6 inches, the original looks to be about 4 inches.

I got a vintage dosimeter, how you do, and it’s very close to the side scope. Paint it black, remove the pocket clip and add a small filler piece and it’s pretty darn close. I don’t know if dosimeters have different “models” but mine is Russian. And the prop team have used dosimeters before in other places, so they have them on hand.
IMG_9042.jpeg
IMG_9041.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back