And the BEST Western of all time is...

Tons of good ones, try kill the wicked,& the man who shot billy the kid..very oddball ones.. I love el dorado, true grit original , comancheros , dollar trilogy, sabata, Terence hill stuff, you name it ..there was a lot of nasty stuff done in the 70s ..Doc, & dirty little billy ..cheap orange paint for blood & just plain soulless .. give me a classic any day ! Even deadwood was too horrid for me ..

BTTFIII doesn't qualify to me as a western. It's a sci-fi time travel flick which is set, mostly, in the old west.

Sons of Katy Elder is another one I really enjoy.

S O K E , Is a goon one..very loud guns in that movie , same as el dorado, they step back when bull fires his revolving rifle .. I also like the Jimmy stewart westerns, the far country is I think the best of those..

BTTFIII doesn't qualify to me as a western. It's a sci-fi time travel flick which is set, mostly, in the old west.
Poco
cannot believe I forgot Pat Garret and Billy the Kid that is pretty awesome too
In that film they blew chickens heads off for real, had to do it in Mexico..they used explosives under the neck ruff connected to an electric board..very cruel ! ! Also before the take the birds had fell asleep in the warm dirt they where in up to the neck, so they squirted lighter fuel in their eyes to make them cluck ..
Sons of Katy Elder is another one I really enjoy.

Last edited:
Red River
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Hombre
Quigley Down Under
Gunfight at the OK Corral
True Grit (both versions)
Jeremiah Johnson
Hondo
El Dorado

I could never get into Shane.

My all time favorites would be John Ford/John Wayne and Clint Eastwood westerns.

Last edited:
I thought so, too, but didn't know if a "Western" just had to be set during that timeframe and "out west" or if it had to embody the "outlaw" plotline.
Pretty much anything set in the 1800s with cowboys on horseback is a western, even if it takes place in Virginia :lol:

Another couple of quality mentions - that is in my opinion, My Name Is Nobody, good story bit silly in places but what a wicked soundtrack.
The Hateful Eight.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back