Analogue Time Agent Vortex Manipulator

thehalfboy

I've been thinking about trying to create a version of a Time Agent Vortex Manipulator for a while now, with more of an analogue feel. I've never really liked the digital feel of the manipulators, and wanted to try something new.

I was thinking about using a set of number wheels as a coordinate input, similar to the types used to lock a briefcase, but I don't know where I'd be able to get hold of something like that. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

The first thing that comes to my mind is a "wristwatch" style Golf Stroke Counter. Should be easy to find at most any sporting goods store, should be cheap, and should be fairly easy to modify into a Vortex Manipulator.

GolfStrokeCounter.jpg

GolfStrokeCounter3.jpg

Hope that helps. :)

For the briefcase-lock-like number wheels, you can buy cheap luggage combination locks with the same set-up. Don't know how cheap you can get them, but they do exist.

The first thing that comes to my mind is a "wristwatch" style Golf Stroke Counter. Should be easy to find at most any sporting goods store, should be cheap, and should be fairly easy to modify into a Vortex Manipulator.

GolfStrokeCounter.jpg

GolfStrokeCounter3.jpg

Hope that helps. :)

Didn't realize that golf was such a fast game that one of these things would be needed more than a score card and a little pencil. :rolleyes

Interesting idea to base the AVM off of, though.

If you do a google search for luggage combination lock, you can find them for fairly cheap...if you decide to go that route. Just make sure the combination isn't 12345, it's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back