Anakin Starkiller's New Luke ROTJ Hero saber design thread

I will have an update on this issue soon. The control box has been engineered to have a 3d printed resin liner, that will replicate the abs grey rails of the original, which brass L stock will then be glued onto in assembky. I'm going for accuracy plus a functional build that keeps things together solidly. Stay tuned for more on this.

After a bit of negotiation with the shop, we've come to a price that should work well, and machining is underway on the prototype. When I have that in hand, I'll post pictures here and start a sign up thread in the classifieds. I'm estimating in about three weeks. I'm super pumped to see this beauty in the flesh

This is the best news I’ve heard all day! I absolutely cannot wait to see how the prototype comes out. Thank you so much, Dan!

Anakin Starkiller, will you show photos of the prototype in its raw, unaltered state? I would absolutely love to see that when it arrives! Also, did I read your post correctly when I saw that it would be coming with brass rails for the control box?

Thanks so much!

Which is your fave so far

I haven’t really owned many so far, I only have 2, it’s more just that I don’t have a whole lot of money to spend on another hero when I want to complete the rest of my collection first. I have the saber forge prodigal son and the galaxy’s edge Luke. The Galaxy’s edge one definitely looks really cool, so it’s my favorite hilt.

Here are the first pics of the prototype from the shop. Once I have it in hand, I'll be able to do a close up inspection and make sure everything is correct. I can't wait to get my grubby mits on it!
Picture-1.JPG
Picture-2.JPG
Picture-3.JPG
Picture-4.JPG

Hey Dan... ok, I don't want to derail your thread, but I'm firmly in the "I want a solid, prop accurate static hilt camp." But, I also don’t want to miss out in case you don’t do a run of them. What should I and other people that are in a similar position do?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back