Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

i sanded down the inside tabs on my replica clamp, because it wouldnt sit flush when locked, did everyone have to do that?

i sanded down the inside tabs on my replica clamp, because it wouldnt sit flush when locked, did everyone have to do that?

I grinded down the four tabs inside my Graflex clamp because when I set the clamp and lever in the right position, it left weird looking gaps between the clamp and body. It also accentuated the "folds" in the clamp where it was rolled/pressed by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
awesome, I am glad I'm not the only one who did this. after looking at the celebration 7 photos I figured they had to have filed them and not folded them back flat because the squares look the same size

regardless before I sanded them I should have chimed in an asked. lucky enough I didn't screw up

always better to measure twice cut once, not all of us carry a "board stretcher " on the job site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished mine up today.

I had a lot of fun working on it and I'm pretty happy with the results, although I may do a tiny bit more here and there.
IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

Tried to replicate the look of my real clamp.. I think I got it pretty close

IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG

That weathering is truly great indeed :) . . . However ... you say you use a real clamp on your V2, so here's my question : Does your 'X' line up like so? (see picture below)

Or does your 'G' and 'X' line up as seen on these pictures?

Chaim

I think he said he tried to replicate the look of his real clamp, meaning the one on the v2 is a replica, but he does have a real one.

Thanks for the info Sym-Cha! Teecrooz is right, that clamp is a Roman's that I stole from my unfinished Obi Wan saber, until I can find another real one or he starts to sell them again! I only have one real graflex that I used for a Luke ANH saber.

that looks great!! how did u dull the lever!? it looks old! and i think your the first one to use the v2 as a hammer, good job!!

It's actually just poor lighting and angling on my part; the lever's actually pretty shiny. The rest though is exactly how it looks! Hammer nicks and all.:D

Details? Was that with the stencil? What paint did you use?

Looks great! I'm lining up my projects, and seeing what I can get done as things are slowing down...

No stencils or anything special there, I'm afraid; I just sprayed the thing down in a semi-gloss black paint and chipped away at it with my fingernails, rolling it around on the ground, and just handling it. The most thought put into it was trying to make certain parts resemble the scratches on the actual prop, IE: the emitter face.

Touch-ups done with a q-tip.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back