An Unsung Firefly prop- the browncoat "code" patch..

David, since you would be using it for display, what about using one of those inkjet "T Shirt" iron on papers to put the lettering on the back?

Not sure if the eBay patches have "iron on" glue on the back of them, which might make that difficult.... :confused

Thing is, if the ebay ones are fully embroidered, they're wrong for the patch.

yeh i dont get the thyroid part lol... i was just highlighting what was there lol
i suppoise this could open doors to folks making their own

It looks like it could be "THYRIO" to me. On Earth-That-Was it's a village in Greece. Maybe it's a place name?

i got one of those EBay patches with the incorrect BLACK star...
so i figured id put it to good use and use the back...

whatcha think?

notice how even the stains on it are correct lol lol
i gotta get some whiteout or someting and do an artificial "wearing down" of the edges...

i actually used the cotton paper, so its nice and textured...
i just let the glue on the actual patch itself to all the adhering and it worked great...

Does anyone have any idea what font they used for this? I want to make a custom backer for the browncoat patches I just got.

i actually used the cotton paper, so its nice and textured...
i just let the glue on the actual patch itself to all the adhering and it worked great...

What sort of cotton paper did you use? Surely not just regular cotton paper - that looks just like paper. Is there some sort of fabric-look textured paper that can go through a printer?

Also, I'm interested in finding what font they used too. Any ideas?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back