An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Great build, and certainly blowing the cobwebs out of some of the reference. Well done. Im still collecting kits. Yeah the Morgan is one kit I have never seen, needed for this and the y-wing. Your mention of casting some parts, there is a sensible balance, like the 8-Rad i managed to successfully cast the chassis, but there are so many useful parts for other iconic Studio Scale models that its worth collecting multiples of them (and they are relatively cheap buying the vintage as modelers buy the newer kits with photo etch )
Good Luck

I created a mold for the Saturn V part of the radar dish but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I did a two part mold and am not expecting good results. :) I may just do a one piece and hae it be solid in the back.

ARRRGGGG!!!! Just lost a week long print and three rolls of filament.

I've decided no more big pieces. I'm printing lots of tiny pieces. This has been a crummy day.

ARRRGGGG!!!! Just lost a week long print and three rolls of filament.

I've decided no more big pieces. I'm printing lots of tiny pieces. This has been a crummy day.
Ah no the frustrations.. My printer is down to a only a little part that is worn out...
Ha we putting these printer to the test.
I have 100 Hour prints. with 1 roll max. And it's been non-stop from begin January.... Yours even longer I think?
Time for backup printers I think. LOL

This piece was about 5 days. I've sliced it down to 14 smaller pieces that I can print on a day. At least I'll feel like I'm getting somewhere.

I did have some good news though. I scored the Fruehauf tanker shipper for 50 bucks. So that was a deal.

Yeah know what you mean... always nice to have a puzzle piece ready. My pieces are also about 4-5 days.. I am printing on a 0.4 nozzle (all a bit overkill) but can't hurt. But more chance on clogging etc. on the long run. Just got the printer running again. Gotta love Amazon Fast shipping.
:)
Good news on the Fruehauf.... You going steady with the kit collecting..right?

Yeah know what you mean... always nice to have a puzzle piece ready. My pieces are also about 4-5 days.. I am printing on a 0.4 nozzle (all a bit overkill) but can't hurt. But more chance on clogging etc. on the long run. Just got the printer running again. Gotta love Amazon Fast shipping.
:)
Good news on the Fruehauf.... You going steady with the kit collecting..right?
Yep. Trying to get all the AMT kits first. Have two more I think. That is if my list is complete.

Sometimes smaller is better. :)

Attachments

• 8AB07F1D-1C01-42E4-AEB8-8DC36E90BD15.jpeg
    8AB07F1D-1C01-42E4-AEB8-8DC36E90BD15.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 93
Added the California Hauler scan to the first post and the Google Doc. Should have two other kits coming this week.

I also backed the Creality 3D scanner on Kickstarter so that could open up some possibilities with the build and recreating parts. :)

You ever just have one of those days? Well today has been one of those weeks. I believe I deleted the PSD file that I had finished of the top back. It's not in my recycle bin. It's just gone. Guess I get to start over now. Grrrrrrrrr

Create a new file in Photoshop and save it. Can just be a blank file, doesn't matter. Look at the destination that Photoshop wants to save it to, then look there for your missing file.
Photoshop does this to me daily - saves my files in places I wasn't expecting, then I have to go searching for them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back