An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

So if I'm reading this right, the piece on the right is just brass rod?? This is the top where the mandible meets the body.
1670114892355.png
1670114934935.png

So is the larger, round piece under the Ferrari piece from the McLaren? I only have a few pieces left on this sidewall.
View attachment 1644415View attachment 1644416
If correct, that's a really good discovery -- if it is a double stack, it's significant because it's part #7 in both cases, and b/c it's another reason you need the vintage Marlboro M23 instead of the newer Yardley McLaren 23 -- D7 on that kit is the top cap to the elusive two screw-driver half pieces, that you don't get in the later Yardley boxings.

Got any angle shots that "prove" it's that tall? Without having the pieces on hand to place against the sidewall, it looks like a stack might make it "too tall" and stand proud of the chassis rail above it by too much, but I'm only speculating. The image on the left you've posted certainly makes it "look" like it might be two concentric pieces stacked on top of each other, but that could also just be a trick of the light, photography, or paint job.

Here's the closest I could find, and it is certainly suggestive that it might be taller than just the Ferrari piece:
1670165639236.jpeg

Either way, it's great sleuthing you're doing, and easily the most fun Easter egg hunt in the galaxy...

I'm still not in my studio with pieces to compare, but I'd say that last picture (far right) certainly nails the argument: it's clear that the piece on top has been placed "off-center" onto the piece below it, and if that piece isn't D7 from the M23, well it sure looks like it! And since the rest of that screwdriver shows up just a few greeblies to the left, they were clearly working with Sprue D on that section of the ship. So I think you've nailed it.

I can put all the parts together later today. I don't have the White Road Boss but I do have the W-925. So I think that will be a good enough stand in.

I only need a few more pieces on this side. Any idea what tracks these are? They are awfully close to the Bandia 1/30ish Hummel, but the line that runs down off center is on the wrong side.
1670184493317.png

Thanks swgeek -- much appreciated.

Also, you DO need 2 McLarens, but I think you only need one of them to be the original Texaco M23 boxing.

This section is hard to find early reference for. The red circle can been seen in the Chronicles book. It seems to match this part found at the front of the mandible. Any ideas what the green might have been?
1670186410281.png
1670186523421.png
1670186564450.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back