An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Just a quick test pull. Didn’t wait until it had hardened all the way. In the words of Pete Venkman, “You only have 75 more to go.”
IMG_4708.jpeg

Thanks. The second one came out without any bubbles. I’m trying a new silicone. It’s very flimsy. Tomorrow I’m going back to the harder stuff then I’ll try my injection molder.
Can you multiplex once you have, say, 10? Or would that add too much error? Could save some time if it is worth the effort.

If you've been using my drive for kit scans (which I hope you are although all of them are over at scifikitbash.com plus many more) I've started adding non falcon scans (translates to wrong kits I ordered). Falcon kits are in green folders, non Falcon are in red.

I'm also going through the master kit list on my drive and updating the box art so that it matched the exact kit you need. Some of them had the wrong kit art and number.

[edit - edit] :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what these parts are? I've not found them listed on any part maps. I ~think~ they're Tamiya Hanomag C28 with another bit under them. Part of it is the runner of part B19, but I'm trying to find what's under it and sitting on top of the Hasegawa Sherman part.

thanks

1710703493420.png

Last edited:
Okay, so I may have solved my own mystery.

It looks like it's a cut down of the Tamiya Hanomag C28 sitting on top of the Hasegawa Sherman #17 Sitting on top of Hasegawa Sherman #5.

Sorry for the bad photos, apparently my iPhone doesn't do macro very well.

Anyway, if this is correct then I hope it helps someone. If it's not correct, please let me know. And maybe we should update the parts maps for the docking rings.

1710705943313.png

1710705978029.png

Okay, so I may have solved my own mystery.

It looks like it's a cut down of the Tamiya Hanomag C28 sitting on top of the Hasegawa Sherman #17 Sitting on top of Hasegawa Sherman #5.

Sorry for the bad photos, apparently my iPhone doesn't do macro very well.

Anyway, if this is correct then I hope it helps someone. If it's not correct, please let me know. And maybe we should update the parts maps for the docking rings.

View attachment 1800929

View attachment 1800930
Jason your secret is out. LOL. Yep. That's what Jason came up with back in April. Good catch!!

Oh!, okay. I didn't know that had been solved already. Well, better late than never. I guess that's what I get for not reading 117 pages in the thread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back