Amazing Spiderman 2 -- Door Lock Build *Help!*

JohnnyNeutron

Hey everyone! I am new to this site and this is my first go at replicating a prop. I wanted to start off relatively simple, so I decided to build the automatic locking mechanism seen in Amazing Spiderman 2. I have seen a few attempts on youtube, but none of them are screen accurate.

XXBr7Gg.png

lock.jpg

I was able to get some screen grabs, which allowed me to identify the locking mechanism, actuator and receiver used. That being said, I cannot for the life of me figure out which controller is used on the right hand side of the receiver. I am thinking the main controller is just a arduino (or a arduino type knockoff), and there is some sort of shield on top. I cannot imagine it is a custom shield, so if anyone has any idea what shield this is (or board in general if it is not a shield) please let me know!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will continue to update this thread as I progress with the build. As of right now I am just waiting for parts to arrive that I have ordered.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back