Amazing Spider-man - End of Earth armor build

Whetstone

Well since I haven't seen any posting on this armor, I figured I would take it on as my first posting. I will be combining different techniques with this build everything from foam to Pepakura, I also have a different style in building things so i will post pictures as i work on this, I have attached my reference files along with the first couple hours of my build.

rooting for ya buddy, never seen this done before, i like to see unique things (ironman cough) hmmm

anyway great starting point, one thing though i spotted from ya pic the jaw line is abit higher than in that first cell... unless your nor done there yet, otherwise i'l keep watchin ya project grow.

B.O.L

this is just the first part, i just finished putting aluminium tape over the whole thing, so the next step is adding layers, or resin using burlap instead of fiberglass cloth. its lighter an the resin absorbs better. after I get that done, I start with the details, i should be done by next Friday, but plane on making a mold out of it and then creating the final out of smooth-cast.

yeah im against cloth fibre too, i use fibre paste to get into those tight corners.

hit us with more pics when ya get a chance....

Sorry, your using burlap fabric? I'm new to this and was curious.
Good luck with your build, very cool Spider-man.

Yeah spilled some resin on some burlap a while ago and was impressed on how well it combined, So did a sample layering job, and worked it great, also you can use fabric dyes on it unlike Fiberglass cloth so you can get deeper color with your designs. Plus its is allot cheaper to buy. I know allot of people on here don't have allot of money to put towards a build, so trying to make it as inexpensive as possible.

Yeah spilled some resin on some burlap a while ago and was impressed on how well it combined, So did a sample layering job, and worked it great, also you can use fabric dyes on it unlike Fiberglass cloth so you can get deeper color with your designs. Plus its is allot cheaper to buy. I know allot of people on here don't have allot of money to put towards a build, so trying to make it as inexpensive as possible.

Looking good so far, going to watch this with much interest :thumbsup

I love happy accidents. I used to be a music producer and one of my best trax came from copying/pasting a line to the wrong instrument, instant awesomeness that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise :)

I might just have to have ago using this great technique if that's ok. It sounds a lot less itchy or spikey than using fibreglass too :lol (damn stuff is terrible for it, even with gloves).

Looking good so far, going to watch this with much interest :thumbsup

I love happy accidents. I used to be a music producer and one of my best trax came from copying/pasting a line to the wrong instrument, instant awesomeness that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise :)

I might just have to have ago using this great technique if that's ok. It sounds a lot less itchy or spikey than using fibreglass too :lol (damn stuff is terrible for it, even with gloves).

Still itchy but not as bad, lol. but you still have to use gloves of course when using the resin, lol. Word of advise do a test piece first so you can get used to how it works.

Still itchy but not as bad, lol. but you still have to use gloves of course when using the resin, lol. Word of advise do a test piece first so you can get used to how it works.

I've not used burlap before, so thanks for the warning/tip :thumbsup

Gloves are a must for most stages I've found, the trick is to match the type of glove you need with the materials your working with (still learning on that front, I'll get there :lol).

That's a dang good pep file you've used for spidey's helmet/face mask by the way, is it one of yours?

wow i can't believe someone else decided to do this build as well. Anyway good job so far excited to see your progress.

I've not used burlap before, so thanks for the warning/tip :thumbsup

Gloves are a must for most stages I've found, the trick is to match the type of glove you need with the materials your working with (still learning on that front, I'll get there :lol).

That's a dang good pep file you've used for spidey's helmet/face mask by the way, is it one of yours?

Nope, its is not one of my pep jobs, its made out of about three, different pep files, that I had on my computer, but Frankenstein them together to get what I wanted, the pep is just the bottom form once I get the burlap and resin built up a few layers the pep, get disposed and then I just work with the shell. I have a few projects in store that i will be designing the pep files for.

wow i can't believe someone else decided to do this build as well. Anyway good job so far excited to see your progress.

Yeah for my first build on here I couldn't bring myself to build another Iron-man. Love the guy but like Tony, you can only take so much of him. lol

So you are using the burlap for the inside of the helmet? This is very intriguing to me and seems to be a safer way to work. Thanks for the idea.

Nope outside, get the basic shape of what you want then create a shell over it using the resin and burlap, you can use it on the inside to strengthen a pep but, for this project the pep I am using is just a form to get the shape the way I want. I have taped the whole thing with aluminium tape, so it will peel out once I have a few layers of the shell, finished. you can also use spray adhesive and aluminium foil in the same way, I just have a ton of the tape laying around. So figured I would use it.

Yeah for my first build on here I couldn't bring myself to build another Iron-man. Love the guy but like Tony, you can only take so much of him. lol

Haha yeah it does some times seem like the replica ironman forum sometimes. Are you making the helmet from a pepakura file or doing it free hand?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back