Amazing collections and display ideas

Ive got a question.
How to display a collection while living with cats?
maxresdefault.jpg

Kidding...

I think maybe put what you have inside glass door cabinets like Besta?

We live in earthquake country which comes with its own fun challenges...

Kidding...

I think maybe put what you have inside glass door cabinets like Besta?

We live in earthquake country which comes with its own fun challenges...
I have thought about a cabinet but the thing is I dont have so much storage space available and cannot squeeze my collection there...
My cat tends to break everything that appears in its path... I have some keys and they are displayed in the walls, out of its range, but no more walls available either hahaha.
For the moment I have my replicas inside boxes and the collectible cards in some binders. but yeah... no fancy display at the moment. Is like I dont own anything as I cannot dispay it the way I would like to.

How do you display your items then? earthquake proof? hahaha

I have thought about a cabinet but the thing is I dont have so much storage space available and cannot squeeze my collection there...
My cat tends to break everything that appears in its path... I have some keys and they are displayed in the walls, out of its range, but no more walls available either hahaha.
For the moment I have my replicas inside boxes and the collectible cards in some binders. but yeah... no fancy display at the moment. Is like I dont own anything as I cannot dispay it the way I would like to.

How do you display your items then? earthquake proof? hahaha

Besta cabinets are pretty decent, BUT, just notice the price has gone up:

We have to bolt everything to the walls here - some cabinets have latches - and some of the more fragile stuff is displayed either close to the ground or sadly just kept in storage. Had a buddy almost killed when the glass picture above his bed popped off the wall and came down in a quake...

These are some cool looking displays. My only gripe is seeing a very obviously cheap prop hanging in such a well executed room. If you look close you can see a crappy ebay whip hanging in what is otherwise a really impressive set up. Stuff like that just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. If you're going to invest real estate in your home to that extent, wouldn't it be better to only show off your absolute best pieces?

If I had the space/ money/ time to have a display dedicated to my collection, I would go for simple, tasteful displays which would be carefully curated. There's nothing I dislike more when seeing a collection is to show off a cluttered mess. That's just me though.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back