Amazing collections and display ideas

I still love my BILLY bookshelves. They are quite sturdy, and I made several mods:

View attachment 1818268
You know… I think this is the route I’m going to go. You made this look wicked wicked clean… the case in the middle is a Billy as well?

Do you happen to have the ikea part numbers handy?

I can fit you’re same exact setup in the corner of my living room..

Really really like this setup…

You know… I think this is the route I’m going to go. You made this look wicked wicked clean… the case in the middle is a Billy as well?

Do you happen to have the ikea part numbers handy?

I can fit you’re same exact setup in the corner of my living room..

Really really like this setup…

Thanks for the kind words! I got all your info right here, and a couple words of warning.

Yes, all three bookcases are BILLY, and the doors are OXBERG. These are the numbers:
  • Standard Bookcase: 002.638.50
  • Narrow Bookcase: 502.638.38
  • Door: 902.756.17
  • Standard Bookcase/Door Combo: 690.178.28
  • Narrow Bookcase/Door Combo: 392.873.98
(They have taller versions of these as well if you want to go all the way to the ceiling.)

Notes:
  • In order to use IKEA's brackets to attach all three together, the middle bookcase MUST NOT have a door on it. The doors interfere with each other because the IKEA brackets attach the units so close together. For me, having the central door was crucial, so I picked up my own brackets and spaced them out just enough so as to be able to open all 3 doors.

I put my own holes in the top to hold them together. It will take a little finesse to get them just right, and it was necessary for me to use floor shims to get them angled perfectly in parallel!

PXL_20240524_131628859.jpg

• The two bookcases that are flat to the wall get anchored to studs, so everything is rock-solid secure!

• Be sure to level things repeatedly as you go. The footing shims are a godsend.

• Do all the lighting and power connections BEFORE anchoring and securing everything!

• Be patient adjusting the doors. It takes awhile to get them aligned just right.

• The doors make the cabinets very front-heavy, so watch for inadvertent tipping!
Happy to answer any further questions. Good luck!

Bill

Thanks for the kind words! I got all your info right here, and a couple words of warning.

Yes, all three bookcases are BILLY, and the doors are OXBERG. These are the numbers:
  • Standard Bookcase: 002.638.50
  • Narrow Bookcase: 502.638.38
  • Door: 902.756.17
  • Standard Bookcase/Door Combo: 690.178.28
  • Narrow Bookcase/Door Combo: 392.873.98
(They have taller versions of these as well if you want to go all the way to the ceiling.)

Notes:
  • In order to use IKEA's brackets to attach all three together, the middle bookcase MUST NOT have a door on it. The doors interfere with each other because the IKEA brackets attach the units so close together. For me, having the central door was crucial, so I picked up my own brackets and spaced them out just enough so as to be able to open all 3 doors.

I put my own holes in the top to hold them together. It will take a little finesse to get them just right, and it was necessary for me to use floor shims to get them angled perfectly in parallel!

View attachment 1823484

• The two bookcases that are flat to the wall get anchored to studs, so everything is rock-solid secure!

• Be sure to level things repeatedly as you go. The footing shims are a godsend.

• Do all the lighting and power connections BEFORE anchoring and securing everything!

• Be patient adjusting the doors. It takes awhile to get them aligned just right.

• The doors make the cabinets very front-heavy, so watch for inadvertent tipping!
Happy to answer any further questions. Good luck!

Bill
Wicked appreciate you taking the time and sharing all this info!

I was going to go through the process of burning them to disc and stuff but just opted to put them on a USB stick and shive them on my 4k Player lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back