Limited Run All Metal Arc Reactor kit (2nd Run)

kursosawa

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone, I have had a few requests for a 2nd Run, so here we go. Everything this pretty much the same with one exception: I will be doing away with the large resin outer ring and replacing it with LASER CUT 3/8 ACRYLIC RING!!

Those wishing to upgrade to the new ring will also be given the option of purchasing one, pricing on the ring by itself has not yet been finalized.

here is my original reactor thread

The reactor will be constructed from waterjet cut aluminum and brass for the gold rings inside the reactor. I will be using the same shop what cuts the claws and brackets for my deluxe sonics. The rear of the reactor will be hollow, but I will provide several discs for the end user to put whatever greeblies they want into it. The light will be activated by turning one of the rear rings on the reactor so there is no visible switch and batteries will be accessed my removing the 3 screws on the black center ring This also allows for whatever electronics the end user wants. I have designed the reactor to go together rather easily with the fins aligned by a series of notched rings. and the center elements aligned via 3 screws.

Arc Reactor Instructions and Parts lists

The kit will include
  • Acrylic Outer Ring
  • large white resin ring
  • small white resin ring
  • rear cage
  • transformers (including wires to wrap around said transformers)
  • brass ring assembly
  • central ring
  • all necessary screws and nuts
  • assembly instructions

The Arc will look similar to the photos below:

Recommended tools:
JB Weld
sand paper
precision metal files
hex screwdriver
black spraypaint

• Kit (no electronics) : $200 + shipping
  • electronics kit $10
  • completed reactor $650 (very tentative)

*there is a required down payment of $100 to secure your order, the rest will be due when the kits are ready to be shipped out.

Shipping will be $12 for US $25 for outside the US

Estimated schedule thus far is to start taking down payments in April. Hopefully things will go smoother this time around with fewer delays.

*Note: If at any time you wish to upgrade to a completed reactor, please PM me.

If ordering a completed reactor:
Assembling the reactors is a rather laborious process and will take two to three weeks after the parts arrive. I would like to first ship out all the kits first then work on the completed reactors.

Confirmed Paid
  • sj9ers [SHIPPED]
  • tomm1999 [SHIPPED]
  • cjchiu [SHIPPED]
  • theacerbiccafe [SHIPPED]
  • rogerrabt [SHIPPED]
  • tdb68 [SHIPPED]
  • darthsnikelfritz [SHIPPED]
  • tat2369 [SHIPPED]
  • Capn Tightpants [SHIPPED]
  • RhinoActual [SHIPPED]

3rd Run

1. justanuthercap [paid in full]
  2. cyberblock (down payment received)
  3. The kaiser [paid in full]
  4. mtortori65 [paid in full]
  5. boochydog (down payment received)
  6. mbmcfarland (down payment received)
  7. Womble68 [paid in full]
  8. RhinoActual [paid in full]
  9. aubs42 (down payment received)
  10. HeartBlade [paid in full]

Standby/unanswered
  • Sanjuro
  • slicedbread
  • Vertex
  • RustyPonds

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Last edited:
Are the kits hard to assemble?

Not particularly difficult, just a fair bit of work. Lots of sanding for starters. In the initial post is a link with the parts list and instructions to give you an idea of what is needed to assemble the kit.

Last edited:
I would love to join, but I'm waiting to hear about signing my next work contract... which could still be 8 weeks out.

I am checking in regularly... if I can jump on in the next bit, I will.

And with that, we now have enough for another run! Looks like we are a go. I will start ordering the necessary parts from overseas and getting the new acrylic rings started. I will start collecting down payments 3rd week of March.

Great to hear we are a go! (and a little bump for interest, if needed)

And with that, we now have enough for another run! Looks like we are a go. I will start ordering the necessary parts from overseas and getting the new acrylic rings started. I will start collecting down payments 3rd week of March.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back