i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen

Does Prometheus play a role in this discussion?

Because I was very confused as to why the face-suckers got smaller with time when they were so awesomely large; and why it went from vases to eggs.

No, all those things were different for a reason! :p The face huggers weren't featured in Prometheus, but the giant creature that Shaw had inside her was like a spin off of that. As for the vases, they just housed the catalyst that caused all the crazyness, the eggs held the Facehuggers themselves.

P.S. - Nice Jocksmock in your profile picture, wish I had one!

i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen
i hate the alien queen

That's just a childish and ridiculous tantrum.

How old are you Charles? For goodness sake.

The post where you repeated 'i hate the alien queen' felt like it went on for 30 years.

Really, you hate it...we get it. You really hate it. lol....

What I like about the Alien-Franchise, up to Alien 3 is the suspence, I first saw Alien when I was 14 in 1984 at a friend's house , from the beginning I new there was something out of the ordinary about it , it made me curious up to the chestburst I was like "George C Scott chewing bubblegum", not being bored, but like "House" saying interesting....

From the moment the chestburster escaped, because Bishop let him , it was like a Horror flick in space to me, because of the growing suspense.I can't compare the shivers I felt with any movie back than, but the Horror movies Vincent Price and Peter Cushin did were kind of most scarriest I've seen up till than (apart from movies like tourist trap, texas chainsaw, Helloween).

In Aliens you get to know more about Weyland and that there is something mysterious/sinister about the company, I saw this back in 87.

I was glad when Alien 3 came out , but was kind of dissapointed that it only took place at this prison planet, but that's because it had to grow on me, which it did, the characters were all trapped into a locked space with this creature inside it, comparing it to the first alien creature this one was like a soldier, apart from this Lance Hendriksen as a Bishop version was awesome, also Charles Dance was great in this.

As for Alien resurrection, it has it's moments , what I liked the most is that you kind of get to see the cloned featusses of Ripley, very frankenstein-ish, it could have been meant as an Ode to classic horror.But what I kind of didn't like was the Alien-human thing , it should have looked different, also the weirdness of Ripley connecting with the Queen made it look awkward in a way.
This movie should have been made different, it doesn't stand out like the first three.

The AvP movies were more like films about the game, I don't really compare them to the other ones, so I still got to enjoy at least the first one.

From the moment the chestburster escaped, because Bishop let him , it was like a Horror flick in space to me, because of the growing suspense.I can't compare the shivers I felt with any movie back than, but the Horror movies Vincent Price and Peter Cushin did were kind of most scarriest I've seen up till than (apart from movies like tourist trap, texas chainsaw, Helloween).

I think you mean ASH let it escape. Bishop wasn't in the first one. If he was, it would have been that much better (and it would be hard to make the first one better!)

I think you mean ASH let it escape. Bishop wasn't in the first one. If he was, it would have been that much better (and it would be hard to make the first one better!)

Ash is more human though, which makes him more dangerous. Bishop kind of acts like a droid, or at least a human with Aspergers. Makes sense that they would make the droids a bit more 'obvious' if the Ash model was flaky like Bishop said, and I think the crew of the Nostromo would have sussed Bishop more quickly.

O'Bannon's script didn't have the Ash subplot, he was mightily pissed off that Giler and Hill added it and the company subplot in. I think we would have ended up with a very different series without that change.

There's barely any CG in A3, i think the cracking alien dome is the only creature effect done with it. The creature effects were done practically with man in suit and rod puppets, which didn't work out too great.

I actually think the idea of the alien adopting the form of its host is pretty cool in theory, but hard to pull of without looking dumb. Could have been worse, Vincent Ward's script had alien sheep and cows.

There's barely any CG in A3, i think the cracking alien dome is the only creature effect done with it. The creature effects were done practically with man in suit and rod puppets, which didn't work out too great.

I actually think the idea of the alien adopting the form of its host is pretty cool in theory, but hard to pull of without looking dumb. Could have been worse, Vincent Ward's script had alien sheep and cows.

There was a fair amount of Alien CG scenes in Alien 3 actually, not very good ones I might add

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back